Honored Contributor

60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

[ Edited ]

image.jpg22 More Days!!!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

image.jpg

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yea for September! thank you Helen for starting a thread for the beginning of my favorite time of year. I am in love with that pic of Max and his Sharkie. he is beautiful and I'm sure he is as sweet as he looks.

I had a wonderful weekend. DD arrived Saturday afternoon and we really didn't move from the couch until supper time. we talked and laughed and got caught up on each other's lives. the vegetable beef soup was a big hit. she said it was the best soup I ever made.( but she says that almost every time.) I'm not a great cook but I do have a few things I do well and that is one of them. at 3am Friday night when I couldn't sleep (again) I remembered that I had a ham bone in the freezer, so I got up and retrieved it so I could add it to the soup. I don't always have one to put in the soup but it makes such a huge difference in the richness of the flavor.

Sunday we went to my niece's baby shower. whenever we're in the car we always sing and dance to the radio and I'm sure we look like nuts. but it's always fun. she brings out the silly in me Smiley Happy

Hayfield, you're lucky if you were aware that there is a fall allergy season. believe me, it's a real thing. fall and spring. spring is much worse for me, but fall allergies are already starting.  it sounds like your daughter is very goal oriented. that's a really good thing, especially at such a young age. she will be very successful. mine was pretty much the opposite. couldn't make up her mind about a major. so after 2.5 years at a community college ( she had to stay an extra 1/2 year because she changed her major), then 4 years at a university (again, she changed her major after the 1st year) she ended up with a degree in a field that she has been unable to find a job in. fortunately she has a good job (in no way related to her education) with great benefits. so, I guess everything works out in the end.

Martie, I'm sorry you got the stuffin' knocked out of you today. did you have a treatment today, or does it just kind of catch up with you and knock you over? either way, I hope you sleep like a baby and feel better tomorrow.

Kat, it's been really hot and humid here again too. I'm sure my fall wreath looks kind of silly on the front door since it's in the 90's here this week. but I don't care. I'm ready for it to at least look like fall.

Loves, will you be in PA for a week?  that would be a major packing situation. it's good to be very organized so you don't end up lugging unnecessary things around. is it really hot in Texas again like it is here?

Puddles, are you back in England yet? or still on your way. I hope your trip is (was) uneventful and pleasant. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the UK.

Fancy, has the Erika rain gone away yet? I know you are just so sick of rain. and then there's the rest of us who would love to have some rain. our grass is so dry it crunches when you walk across the yard.

Snardy, I hope you are well. I'll bet it's looking (and maybe even feeling) like fall in beautiful Colorado by now. I have a cousin somewhere near Denver and she was posting pics of snow about 3 weeks ago. I think that was sort of an unusual thing for her area this time of year, but it was a lot of snow!

thinking of RetRN, Spammom, Shorelady, catwhisperer,NCbandwagon, and all our dear friends.

here's a pic of 2 of my favorite things...airplanes and sunsets. have a peaceful evening, y'all.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1914983_407710081863_8237779_n.jpg?oh=1b7641ab65a76c9241a5c8e413455db9&oe=566D236E

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

☮✿★ HELLO SEPTEMBER ✝☯★☮: Autumn Rose, Autumn Photos, Fall Flowers, Fall Leaves, Autumn Pictures, Favorite Places, Autumn Leaves, Parks Benches, Art Photography

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

Puddles, are you back in England yet? or still on your way. I hope your trip is (was) uneventful and pleasant. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the UK.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1914983_407710081863_8237779_n.jpg?oh=1b7641ab65a76c9241a5c8e413455db9&oe=566D236E

Hey Mochahoney.......perfect landing!  We arrived safely back in the UK yesterday.  We are remodeling DMIL's flat and plan to get it on the market as soon as possible.  We will be moving back to the USA.  My sister was just recently diagnosed with Alzheimers and I lost my best fried from high school, so it's been a sad couple of weeks and we've lost time on the flat.  We have had a couple breaks this summer though.  We attended a couple games at Wimbledon; we toured the French wine country and visited friends in Holland.

I have so much catching up to do with everyone here.  Heck, I even need to get to know several of the posters.  I will stop by as I can and when things calm down, you won't be able to get rid of me.Woman LOL

How are you?  I noticed you are anxious to get Fall started.  I saw your wreath.  Very pretty!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Helen, thank you for the beautiful September thread.:heart:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

September 1st!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

good afternoon and happy tuesday everyone!

i was able to get both my walk in and my pool class in today, so i am a happy camper!

thank you helen, for opening us up for september and for the beautiful fall welcoming!

hayfield:  i am so impressed by your dd and her financial responsibility.  you must be very proud of her and i'm sure she will be a big success in whatever direction life takes her.  as far as bf and i , ... we have no plans for a wedding ... for now we are happy enjoying our 'right here, right now' ... and i am happy not to rock the boat.  

kat:  please don't fret about coming here to share anything that is bothering you.  i am certain that no one here wants to be anything but totally supportive.  i hope that you have been able to make some sense out of the dental mess.

loves:  are you in pennsylvania yet?  since you are quiet yesterday and today, i am thinking that maybe you are there, or on your way.  

martie:  so sorry that you had such a rough time of it yesterday.  i hope that today is better for you!

mocha:  i thoroughly enjoyed reading about all the fun that you had with your dd over the weekend.  what a very special time that was for you both!  and yes, erika is all gone here ... and i DO wish i could have sent some of that rain we had last month towards you and towards helen too!

time to get back to housework ...

warm wishes to cat whisperer, snardy,  spammom, retrn, shorelady and anyone i have missed ... 

hope you all have a wonderful rest of this day.

Heart

welcome back to Puddles ... and i am so sorry for the loss of your friend and for the bad news of your sister's diagnosis.  wishing you luck as you continue the renovation.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Helen, for starting Sept. thread.  We can only hope the cooler weather comes our way.  It is in the 90's all week.  I hate it.  It's humid and miserable.  I have concerns about my upcoming surgery and sent a long email to the surgeon.  I have had major surgeries before but never any concerns.  I hope you are enjoying your day.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Mocha,  Hopefully, your wreath will bring cool weather our way.  90 degrees all week.   I hope it is the last hoorah.  I love mid 50's - 60 degree weather.  You can wear a sweater or jacket and breathe in the cool air.  I hope you are having a good day and glad you had time with your DD.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength