Super Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For October!

Happy Thursday, and welcome October.  Just a quick drop in to say "hi." Glad to see Kat dropped in. Will continue to send good thoughts her way. In fact, am sending good thoughts to you all.

Respected Contributor

for anyone interested, the Southwest Florida Eagle cam is live. there should be the occasional Harriet sighting on the nest soon. I have learned that FV was indeed the eagle that Ozzie fought with last week and has not been seen in the area since the fight. I am so sad that Ozzie didn't survive his injuries, and I hope that FV didn't perish as well.

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Hello Friends and Happy October,

I typed a reply for an hour this morning, only to have it not post!  I don't know why that has been happening lately.  This will be a shortened version of my original post in case that happens again.  Has anyone else been having that problem?

Helen,  Thanks for starting the October thread.  September sure flew by!  Thanks too, for all the beautiful pictures you posted.  I loved the story about the dad and the boys. Did your tureen come yet?

Kat,  Thanks for letting us know that you are home.  I hope you are doing well and not in too much pain.  Thinking of you!

Mocha,  It's so sad that Ozzie died.  I know you followed him closely.  I'm sorry for you.

Martie,  I am so glad to hear from you.  I hope your doctor appointments go well.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Loves,  I have twins but I don't have twin grandchildren.  My great grandmother had twins and that is the extent of the twins in our family.  I feel very blessed to have twin sons.  I love the saying you posted. Glad cooler weather is on the way!

Hayfield,  Thank you so much for telling me about the house tour.  I appreciate it.  I would so love to see it.  It's amazing they have been having the tours for 74 years.  The "flounder" house sounds fascinating.  I'd love to see a house built in 1799.  I hope the hurricane passes you by. l Keep your feet up!

Hi to everyone else and blessings to you all!

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

* gun-shy poster cautiously enters room and quietly begins typing* ...

Hi @snardy, and so sorry about your post poof.  as evidenced by my above note, i have also been having this trouble.  i am definitely GUN SHY.

hope that whatever it is that they get it fixed soon.  

@SleeplessinSD thank you so much for opening us up with such beautiful fall images!  lovely !!  as far as the 'spoiler' thing ... lol.   that's just right next to where i hit the smily key to insert a heart at the end of my posts.  i often hit the spoiler instead of the insert heart emoticon.  

@MariotaMurielle i am also looking forward to some cooler weather.  you're so lucky to have enjoyed some 70's today!  our 'cold front' starts on saturday, i think, and the temps will only dip down into the 80's.  LOL. you have to live where we do to appreciate a LOW being in the 80's.  thanks for the link to the web cam for the eagles.  i will start peeking in now and then, i put it in my bookmarks.  i wonder where that nest is.  we have a nice eagle nest only about five miles or so from where i live and we drive by often to check it out, but it does not look like it's the same one.  

@Hayfield, thanks for the recommendation on the movie.  that is one that bf actually told me he wants to see.  looking forward to it!   hope that you are not going to get hit too hard with the hurricane.  

@LTT1 no, i am not in the path of the hurricane, but as i mentioned above, we need to keep an eye on the DC area because of Hayfield living there and it looks like it's going to hit thereabouts.   oh, and glad you are feeling better. 

@catwhisperer, i hope that you enjoyed getting all of your fall decorations out.  

you know what?  i am going to close out because  i am scared i will get a poof ...

hope you are all having a wonderful evening. and continued thoughts and prayers for @MartieHugs and kat.  

Heart

Respected Contributor

can i ask a question:  how come in my previous post was i unable to 'pull up' the names of kat, catwhisperer and hayfield and have them turn blue, meaning that you would get a notification.  when i typed their names, the 'wheel' thing just kept turning ... like it was thinking or trying to find the names.   at that point, i thought for sure i would get POOFED and that's why i closed off so quickly.

but how come i could not pull up those names?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy

I just read your post

The board is so slow that it hasn't registered. OR

Those people did not appear on your list to choose from?

It seems to omit names of posters who posted in the discussion much earlier

Those people posted on the Sept thread?

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@fancy pantsy

Did you type their names exactly?

@i was having trouble... Or are you saying you put the @ symbol in but no names came up to choose?

I haven't noticed it turning blue?

thanks @LTT1.  i believe i was typing it exactly.  and, yes, no names popped up for me to choose.  the other names (the ones that popped up) then turned blue (highlighted) after i would choose them.  

Honored Contributor

See my previous post. I think the people you wanted to choose had posted way earlier so it gets its feelings hurt jk

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy the eagle nest is at Fort Myers. is that close to you?