Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For January!

MartieHugs--You talked about cleaning in your post that I just had to clean my bedroom yesterday, I hate to clean, it just gets dirty again, no matter how neat you are!  I know I shouldn't be complaining about it snowing, you've had a lot in your area but we've had such a mild winter that I thought maybe we'll have a winter of no snow this year, after all, I live in Virginia!

Respected Contributor

CalQFan--I think it's so nice that you have friends that care about you.  I've been married for almost 38 years and I too think about what would happen if I'm by myself someday, would I be able to handle it.  I think that's why I try to cultivate separate interests and friends outside of my marriage, life is unknown and unpreditable.  I also think it's why I'm still working part time, it gives me something that's "my own".  I've also made some friends there too.  Oh, I do envy you though, living where it's warm year round.  It's going to be cold today, I just hope not too windy, that really makes it cold! 

Esteemed Contributor

good morning y'all.

it's a beautiful, sunny, cold day here today and I woke up feeling great.

put on some lipstick and make yourself an excellent day. be back later.

Good Morning Sunshine Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Mochahoney, I am glad you are feeling better today. Looks like the cat is quite content and will be well cared for.

It will be nice to get your insurance taken care of tomorrow, one more thing off the to-do list.

MartieHugs, I hope you have safe travels to and from your radiation today. I sure wish your weather was better.

Spammom, Shorelady, KatCat1, and corismom--I hope you are all doing well and will be back to chat again soon.

Wishing everyone a good week.

Contributor

Good morning Ladies

Today is a federal holiday and my daughter in law and granddaughters might come to visit.  The weather is colder than usual and one of my granddaughters has had a cold. I have crafts for them to do, which is good, because we will need to stay inside my small home. We shall see.

(El Nino has given California a colder than usual winter, albeit our "cold" is nothing compared to other parts of the country.)  

To the ladies with long term marriages - yes it must be a little scary to think of  life without your husband.  

My friend who was most adamant about me trying to find someone new - her husband has an illness that most likely will cause death earlier than for most people his age.  I wonder if what she is suggesting for me is what she might do when he passes.   (I would never suggest this to her.) She is a great person and I guess for now I will try to let this "topic" (about me) go.   We all deal with life circumstances differently.  She is MUCH healthier than I am, and younger and that makes a difference in the whole equation.

Over 60 Ladies - LOL - isn't it interesting how "different" and yet similar our lives can be????

Contributor

@MariotaMurielle.   So happy for kitty! What a relief for all involved. You and your husband are so kind. 

Super Contributor

Oh, the weather outside is frightful ... and I'm not on the road heading for radiation. We've had about a foot of snow and it's still coming down. Every now and then there's a huge gust of wind and it swirls around making white outs that are just impossible to drive thru. Fancy ... you know how that is, don't you? In my youth it would have been no big deal, but age has made me wiser. Will try again tomorrow.

Hayfield, a theatre trip to NYC sounds wonderful. Pop me in your pocket and take me along, please.

Oh, by the way, the temp is 12 ... yes, twelve ... and I guess I need to plug in my EdenPur and get the chill out.

Sounds like you all have great plans for the day. Enjoy being alive!

Blessings,

Martie

endurance.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@MartieHugs@CalQFan@RetRN@MariotaMurielle@Hayfield

We have been dealing with family issues... our dear Aunt (96) passed on Friday.  DH was to tell the two brothers who live here, and he did.  But DH was going to drive up to Little Rock, expecting me to go with. (the DBILs wanted to go, too).

I didn't sleep all night Saturday night (probably an anxiety attack).  Well, his driving is not what it used to be and he still thinks he is a young buck and can do anything.  I finally told him I didn't think I could make the trip at this time (short notice -- the "viewing" is today.)  But yet there I was all night Saturday night...picturing him, by himself, on snowy, cold roads with an auto break-down.

So, everything worked out fine... he seemed to come to his senses when he enumerated for me the reasons he thought better of going (WHEW)

About our dear Aunt... she was a southern woman all of the way... she raised two boys ON HER OWN and attended church regularly.  Just a few days ago, our cousins (who are very near and dear to us) were with our aunt painting her toenails.

WOW... I'm so glad DH and brothers feel such a "sense" of family... I feel blessed about that.  In their family (the way it USED to be) YOU GO TO A funeral.

Lexi is feeling better, but you guessed it... DD caught her stomach bug and is not doing that great today...

Now, after a couple of days of "what to do?" I can chat online.

I was single for many years before "finding the right one."  It would not be easy without him, but to my way of thinking, we both have activities that we like separately.  So, perhaps, although lonlier, I think I could live "without a man."

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

more issues than vogue mug.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1, I am so sorry about your aunt's death. like your family, around here funerals (or at least the funeral home visitation) is something that you just do. especially if it's family, even distant. or friends. I'm glad your DH thought better of driving on snowy/icy roads to Arkansas. his intentions were good, but sometimes common sense has to prevail.

I hope your DD feels better very soon, and that her DH is there to help her with the babies while she's sick.

DH has gone to spend the afternoon with my stepmother. I mentioned last night that she has moved to an assisted living facility. she seems to be pretty happy there and we feel like she's in a better situation since there is 24/hr a day help if she needs it.

@MartieHugs, I had to Google EdenPur, but, yes, you need to turn in on. the snow has really put a dent in your treatment plan, but hopefully all that can be worked out to your benefit. a nice bowl of hot chicken noodle soup sounds like something that would be good for you about now. take good care of yourself. 

now I'm off to do a little decluttering...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich