Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For January!

@MariotaMurielle    Wow, you make me feel so much better, mocha.  I know this going to take a while to get this job of de-cluttering done.  Kind of seems like an over-whelming task at this time.  Smiley Sad

Thanks for the invite to FB.  Found love's email addy, I just sent @LTT1 an email to join.

Honored Contributor

I'm stopping in early. We picked up our DGD from school and will be taking and picking her up from her piano lesson. DS gets off work at 6 and have dinner here. DIL is out of town for work.

@CalQFan, I think all of us who've retired are on a constant decluttering mission. Like Mochahoney says, there's no rush, we can do as little or as much as we care to do each day, or not. It'll get done eventually😉. It's been cool and cloudy out here too. I heard maybe a little rain this evening, we'll see.

@Hayfield, I'm not sure what all the people in the ER were there for. I do know there were more patients than we had room for, so some were standing. I'm sure they were waiting hours to be seen. This time of year is usually bad. I hope your back is better. I slept on my pillow wrong the other night, and my neck still hurts. I agree..at our age, we do have to keep our mind busy. That's why I read a lot. I don't like Soduko either. Relax and enjoy your little "vacation" until your DH gets back.

@MariotaMurielle, Ha! I think your DH is falling for the kitty. And, I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I know you probably can't keep it, so I hope your friend takes it. We watched the Alabama game. It was a great game and we were happy Alabama won. 

I need to to start dinner, so better run. I may check in later if it's not too late....

~H~
Honored Contributor

@CalQFan

Thank you and I did get your message at the "lovestoteach" address.

I sent a message back to you with my real name and @Hotmail address.

Hope you get it!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening friends. this morning I saw on the news about the big snow storm in up-state New York. Martie, I hope you were able to make your trip without incident.

it was a beautiful, almost spring-like day here today. cold this morning and warm & sunny this afternoon. this has been a very strange winter.

I got up extra early this morning because of my hair appointment, so it's been a long day. after having supper and cleaning up, I'm pooped.

Helen, even though my DH is being very kind to the cat, there's no way she's staying. I really hope this person who is interested in taking her is sincere. our no-kill animal shelter here is full and can't take any more animals, and the other shelters around here euthanize them after just a few days. it's so sad and I don't want that to happen to her. hey Catwhisperer, you want another cat? Smiley Happy

Princess Daisy is sleeping next to me as usual. she's a pretty tough little cookie, and she's hanging in there.

Hayfield, is your back better tonight? I don't drink wine, so I can't use that excuse for my brain being like mush some days. I've never heard of a sudoko puzzle. I'll have to look it up. you mentioned that you were trying to learn a new tour. I've been meaning to ask, what is the most intriguing thing you've learned about George Washington during your time there?

RetRN, did you started with your walking tape? it's hard to get motivated to start, but we all know we really need to do it. I like my rebounder, but it's exhausting and not always fun.

I hope everyone is doing well. thinking of you all.

here's a beautiful Tenn-Tom Waterway sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@CalQFan

Look in your email again; I have sent a message to you so I can locate you on FB❤️

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Well, I heard on the news this morning that the power ball hit yesterday and 3 people won, one of those folks, from California.  So you California ladies, are you the winner?  I was tempted to buy a ticket but passed.  My back is feeling a lot better today, I did a lot of stretching yesterday and I did take some Aleve, which I rarely do.  I slept very well last night, one of those rare nights when I do get a good night's rest.  I hope I just slept on it wrong the other night.  I'm working today and I think it's going to be in the 40's so hopefully, I'll be O.K.  DH will get in very late tonight, like around midnight.  He has a flight out of Texas at 6 pm.  He really doesn't like to travel, so he won't stay, so he'll get in really late.  The only thing about that's bad is he disrupts my sleep when he comes in late like that so I know I won't be getting a good night's sleep tonight.  He'll get up at 5 tomorrow and go to work.  He's such a workaholic, when he's home on weekend he enjoys watching sports but has no hobbies.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Yes, I'll enjoy my little mini-vacation from DH.  I've always treasured my "alone" time, I guess because I'm rarely alone!  I really like not having to cook dinner.  My mom was widowed at an early age, 55 and her refrigerator was always full of food and she cooked for herself even after my father passed away.  Me?  I'd probably never cook again or rarely, like when company came.  My Mom's parents came from Italy and my mom was an excellent cooked and cooked everything from scratch.  I do cook fairly well, but compared to her, I'm a novice.  January & Febrary are hard months for me, my father passed away on Jan. 6 and his birthday is Jan. 19.  My mom's birthday is Feb 4.  It's a real downer after the holidays to deal with winter and their special days.  I probably think about more in Jan/Feb than most other times of the year, except for the holidays.  I think that's why I'm so fathful about getting to the gym, it really helps me mentally as much as it helps physically.

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--Your hair looks really nice.  I don't wear my hair as long as you do, but I do get it layered sometimes.  Sudoku is a crossword puzzle but with numbers instead of words.  We get the Washington Post every day and there's always a sudoku puzzle in it,  Monday's puzzle is really easy and each day they get more difficult.  The Sunday paper has a really large, difficult one in the comics section.  DH is a engineer, so he's a numbers guy and enjoys doing them.  I tried but my mind doesn't work that way.  It would be hard to tell you one thing that I find the most interesting thing at Mount Vernon because I've learned things not only about George Washington but 18th Century life, which I'm finding was really difficult.  The tour I am learning now is about food, and the main points of the tour are 1.  Where does the food come from? 2. How was the food perserved & stored. 3. How was the food prepared? & 4. How was the food served?  It's more or a Seed to Table kind of tour.  I'm trying to learn all about the smokehouse and how the hogs were slaughtered and the meat preserved.  I read an article once on Spring Cleaning and what that really meant in the 18th Century.  The article was a real eye opener. 

Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle...do I want another cat? Uh, that would be a NO! LOL. First Helen, now you. It's just amazing how cats have the knack of knowing where to find kind, caring humans. Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD@catwhisperer@Hayfield@MariotaMurielle@CalQFan

Here is a picture of the "Birthday Girl" on a birthday shopping/bouncy combo...