Super Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For December!

Well, I had no doubtt they'd be best. How could they not be? They were made with a secret ingredient ...LOVE!!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Yesterday went well, it was sunny and not too busy.  It was windy but when it's December and it's not raining or snowing, I'm a happy camper!  Last night's events went well too.  We had a large group of teachers from the area and when I got my group I greeted them and I heard someone in the back say "are you DD's (Her name) mom?"  It was DD's marketing teacher in high school.  I knew her and liked her very much when DD was in school and it was so good to see her.  Needless to say they had a great time together.  Now for the good news ladies!!!! DD has accepted a full time teaching job!  It starts January 4!  She's so excited and so are we!!!!  Can you tell?!!!!!!   She'll be the special education teacher for students in K, 1st & 2nd grade.  She'll get full benefits, which is great because she turns 26 on January 5th, just in time.  She's been on our health plan but has to get her own at age 26.  Also she told us that she'll be apartment hunting with 2 other girlfriends that she went to college with and hopefully be moving out by March 1!!!!!!  DH & I are really excited to finally be empty nesters!!!!!!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I knew ou were going to the cookie exchange but I didn't know it was a contest!  Good for you!  I really enjoyed your story about how some of the women were taking the contest very seriously.  That really nice that you got a cookie scented candle out it too!

Helen47--That's so sweet that DGS came over to visit and then study at your place.  It's nice that you're close enough so that he can do that.  Glad that he is getting over his breakup.  Sometimes I think men take breakups harder than women.  He's young though and he has plenty of time. 

Honored Contributor

image.gif

~H~
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield

Congratulations to DD!  I am so excited for you!  This is just the best news... fate stepped in with the dates of medical insurance, too, and that is just wonderful!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

Good Morning!  Yesterday went well, it was sunny and not too busy.  It was windy but when it's December and it's not raining or snowing, I'm a happy camper!  Last night's events went well too.  We had a large group of teachers from the area and when I got my group I greeted them and I heard someone in the back say "are you DD's (Her name) mom?"  It was DD's marketing teacher in high school.  I knew her and liked her very much when DD was in school and it was so good to see her.  Needless to say they had a great time together.  Now for the good news ladies!!!! DD has accepted a full time teaching job!  It starts January 4!  She's so excited and so are we!!!!  Can you tell?!!!!!!   She'll be the special education teacher for students in K, 1st & 2nd grade.  She'll get full benefits, which is great because she turns 26 on January 5th, just in time.  She's been on our health plan but has to get her own at age 26.  Also she told us that she'll be apartment hunting with 2 other girlfriends that she went to college with and hopefully be moving out by March 1!!!!!!  DH & I are really excited to finally be empty nesters!!!!!!!!!! 

@Hayfield, I'm so happy for your DD. Such great news for your family. I know you're proud of her hard work and dedication. I'm sure she appreciates and will never forget your support....thank you for sharing with us.

~H~
Respected Contributor

Hello all.........it's me again, and I'm officially 67 years old today!  I woke up this morning and all body parts were fully functional, so it's just another year down and 33 more to go!     Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

2blonde, I hope you enjoy the day and have a yummy birthday cake.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde

Happy Birthday to you!

Honored Contributor

Tricolor has gotten back to me regarding KatCat. Maybe I will know more in a few days. From what I am gathering, she doesn't have any family to look in on her. Smiley Sad