Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For December!

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD@fancy pantsy@MariotaMurielle@catwhisperer@Hayfield

Well,  they aren't coming today... the LEXI family's flight was cancelled.  They always have a "leg" of their flight that calls for a "puddle-jumper" and that flight was cancelled due to weather.  But we are ready and excited for them to arrive tomorrow night!

@LTT1I'm so excited for you! The waiting is hard, but will make their arrival even more special. Pictures please...❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I didn't have a chance to post since I didn't get up as early as I usually do and I did not go to the gym today.  My friend wanted to go see "JOY" and we met for breakfast and then went to the early movie.  It was nice to go early since I wanted to get home and do somethings around the house.  We both enjoyed the movie and Bradley Cooper was his usual self, I just love Bradley Cooper and those blue eyes! 

Mochahoney--So nice that you got your house back to normal.  We won't take our decorations down until Saturday, having friends over New Year's Day.

Helen47--Enjoy your Fitbit, I've been thinking about getting one, just can't decide which kind, maybe I'll get one next year for Xmas. 

Lovestoteach--So sorry that DD's flight was cancelled.  I know how excited you are to see them.  I've seen many reports on the news about flights being cancelled all over.  It really makes a mess when this happens but you can't control the weather.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year ladies!

Just got a notice today that our rent is going up $100 a month. The owner is a millionaire, but could care less that we are seniors living on a fixed income. Happy new year to us.Cat Tongue

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We're about to start getting ready to meet some good friends from DH's work. We haven't had a chance to celebrate the holidays with them as theyve been out of town. 

@catwhisperer, Well, I don't think I'll heart your post. I'm sorry to hear your rent is going up😟...my GS called yesterday saying his was going up too. He's going to school and does have a room mate, but still, they're already struggling to make ends meet...

@Hayfield, the Fitbit I got attaches to your belt or whatever, or you can just carry it in your pocket. The way you're dedicated to keeping up with exercising, you'll be amazed at how much you're actually doing. I asked DH if he wanted to see the Joy movie. He said he thought he'd pass...If I don't see it sooner, I'll see it when I can rent it on TV.

@MariotaMurielle, did you say your DH would be gone until Friday? I'm like you, when DH goes out of town, it's the nights I hate. You and the sweet Princess stay safe. I sure wish all my Christmas stuff was down and put away too. It's pretty, but I'm ready....

Everyone, enjoy whatever's left of the evening where you are. Seems like I just started the December thread, and it's almost time to start another. If any of you are traveling or out on the roads for any reason, please be careful and safe..we're driving downtown, and I sure wish it was closer.

Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD...these greedy landlords take advantage of college students the same way they target seniors. I think they assume the college students all have rich parents to pick up the slack on rent increases. Sickening. I have a neighbor who I know for a fact is taking advantage of the welfare system. It's just not right. I wish I had the nerve to turn her in. Well, what goes around, comes around.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Princess Daisy and I had a quiet day. I spent a good part of the day reading and Daisy slept.

@SleeplessinSD, DH had planned to come home on Friday but he called a little while ago and said he will be home early Thursday afternoon so we can spend New Year's eve together. we're not going anywhere, but he just said he wanted to spend it with me instead of being away. the Wildlife people announced yesterday that they are ending deer season this Sunday (it is supposed to go through the last day of January) in some counties, including the county where DH's deer camp is, because flooding from the Mississippi River is displacing millions of deer. so he will come home tomorrow and go back on Friday and stay until Sunday. have fun with your friends tonight.

catwhisperer, a hundred a month? that's pretty drastic. everything is getting more expensive and it's pretty ridiculous.  I heard on the news a month ago that social security recipients will not get a cost of living increase and yet, the cost of living is getting higher and higher.

I hope everyone is doing well.

here's a quiet Biloxi sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, I'm so glad your husband is coming back at least for tomorrow night. I hated the thought of you being alone. You're right about social security checks. No raise this year. The cost of living in San Diego is higher than most places, so every little bit helps. Like @catwhisperer, my GS's rent went up, and I thought for what he has and where it's located he was already paying too much. I asked if he would move, and he said it would cost too much in moving expenses, so in the long run not worth it. We do help him a little, and he works, but he and his room mate barely get by. I love your Biloxi photo. My GS was born there in 1995, and I flew there for his birth. He was born at the end of June, and I just remember it being hot. Our SIL, at the time, was in the Air Force, and I stayed with them in their housing. Seems so long ago....

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Well, it's the last day of 2015!  I'm working today so I hope that everyone has a great day!

Catwhisperer--I was sorry to hear that your rent went up.  For some reason the cost of living is tied to the price of gas, don't know why, and since gas prices are low, no cost of living.  Whenever I go to the grocery store I can't believe the cost of things, prices are always going up.  Since my children were home over the holiday feeding four cost me a bundle and I'm glad they're gone, well DD is still here, I hope she'll be out of here by February, but DS eats a ton of food when he's home.

Mochahoney & Helen47--I really don't mind when my DH is out of town, I don't have to cook dinner!  I've never really had a problem with being alone, maybe because I'm rarely alone and I love it when I am!

Helen47--DH wouldn't want to see "Joy" either, that's why I went with my friend.  We go to the movies our DH's wouldn't go to.  My DH hates going to the movies in general and rarely goes.  He went a total of 3 times this year and that's a lot for him.  I want to see "The Big Short" and I may get him to go if we have time.  We're having friends over for New Year's Day & Saturday we're taking down the tree and Sunday I'm working so we may not get to it.  My friend wants to see "Sisters" with Tina Fey and I think we're going next Wednesday.  Wednesay is usuall "movie day" for us.

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield... We will want to see "Sisters!"
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@Hayfield@MariotaMurielle@catwhisperer@fancy pantsy

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2016... BRING IT ON!

Our company is still due to arrive later today! Meanwhile. I spent the morning putting a play bouncy gym together... You know how THAT goes... Lots of pieces, etc. CHALLENGE!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~