Valued Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For December!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I'm a little behind on checking in.  We had a busy weekend.  My DH's former employer, from which he retired after 33 years, still invites us to their annual holiday party.  We went Saturday night and it was so nice.  It's hard to get DH out of there because he wants to stay and visit with everyone!  Then yesterday was brunch with a girlfriend and the Bronco game, which in our house, is not to be missed.  We will miss it next weekend because we are going to the symphony.  They perform a beautiful Christmas program.  Today we shopped for our "adopted" Christmas family.  It's always so fun shopping for little ones again.  Our grandkids are getting all grown up!  

Helen,  it sounds like you and your sis had a fun visit.  Your haircut looks so nice.  I have a bob too!  You and I have a lot in common.  Are you all ready for Christmas?  I just looked at the calendar.  It is 2 weeks from Friday!

Mocha,  congrats on your cookies winning!  They sound so yummy.  How is Princess Daisy?  I'm sorry she is loosing weight.  She is very lucky to have such a caring mama!

Loves,  thank you for the information about ETSY.  It sounds fun and I'm going to check it out.

Hayfield,  congratulations to your DD on her job!  I am happy for her.  When our son got divorced, he lived with us for a while and I enjoyed having him here so much, but after he left, we became empty nesters again. I think you will love it as much as we do!  Have fun in New York.  I can't even imagine how beautiful it must be this time of the year.  It must be a wonderful place to shop, too.  I'd love to hear all about it when you get back.  I have never been there.

Fancy,  I am so sorry to hear that your brother took a turn for the worse.  I am praying for you and your family.  I hope things are better soon.

2blond,  a belated Happy Birthday to you.  I look forward to getting to know you better.

srpete,  welcome to our wonderful group of ladies!  A belated Happy Birthday to you.  It will be nice getting to know you.  

Prayers and hugs to Kat, Martie, RetRN.  Hello to Catwhisperer, Puddles and everyone else.  The holidays can be hard for some people.  I'm glad we have this warm and friendly group.  Blessings! 

Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@srpete... Anything celebrated with tamales will be OK, right???
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD... you have beautiful hair! I love the way it is cut and styled. Will try to post a picture of mine, which she worked on last week so we can compare notes!
Honored Contributor

hair from back 12  6.jpghair color from front with avatar face on top.jpgleft side color of hair 12 6.jpg

She left it longer (good); she left the color closer to gray (good); she cuts the back so I can manage it.

The middle picture is my new avatar (not really -- just funny)

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

Congratulations on your win for the best cookies!

Honored Contributor

Another busy day here. I think I wore my sister out. So many places I wanted to take her to. She's upstairs taking a nap before we all meet up for dinner. She has to go back home tomorrow😢...Ill miss her.

@Hayfield, I'm going to try and do a step by step from memory on how I post a photo:

1. Click Reply and go to Reply box.

2. Once in Reply box, go to the row of icons at the top that starts with "B" and click on the third icon from the right (looks like a square picture box). Then next to where it says "Image" click on "Choose File".

3. You'll see a menu come up. Select and click on Photo Library.

4. Select and Click on Camera Roll

Now go to the saved photos on your camera roll and select a photo to post. Once you select and see your photo here, click on "Insert Image". Your photo will then be in the Reply box and you can click on "Post".

I post photos here I have saved to my Camera Roll on my IPad only. I don't post from the Internet directly. I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you try and it doesn't work. One more thing. If you want to type a message first, go ahead and type it, double space and then follow the steps above. 

Good luck!😊

~H~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

hair from back 12  6.jpghair color from front with avatar face on top.jpgleft side color of hair 12 6.jpg

She left it longer (good); she left the color closer to gray (good); she cuts the back so I can manage it.

The middle picture is my new avatar (not really -- just funny)

@LTT1, Your haircut is my favorite I wore for years. Love it.  I have a lot of curl in my hair, so my stylist thought I could let it go more natural if I grew it longer. Then, he did the "Bob" thing, and that's how I've kept it. I don't think the way I wear it now is easier than short, though. Ha! Love your Avatar! I'm going to look for one for me too!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I was so happy to see your post! No, I'm not ready for Christmas, but with my sister here, I've made a dent. Sounds like you've been busy and having lots of fun. The Symphony sounds so nice. We'll be going to a company party for DH in a couple weeks. It's always fun and at a nice place. We're going with DS and his family to see Nutcracker on the 20th. Something we've been doing for years. It's such a busy time of year for sure. Broncos played the Chargers, but I'm happy you won!😉

~H~
Honored Contributor

I'll try and be back after dinner if it's not too late. I'm really worried about CATWHISPERER. I think it's been over a week since we heard from her. Hopefully, she's just taking a break from the boards or is busy, and nothing is wrong. 

Waving to MOCHAHONEY, RetRN, CorisMom, srpete, WhatNow, MISTIC, FANCY, MARTIE, KAT, SHORELADY, 2blonde and all our friends.... 

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

happy Monday evening everyone. it was another cool, sunny, beautiful day here but by the weekend they're forecasting mid 70's and rain. our gospel hymn singing painter was back today and it was a little treat to hear him sing while he worked all day painting the exterior of our house.

Helen & Snardy, I got a Luminara candle from the Q today. since it was on clearance I thought I would try one. it's tall (8 or 9", I think) and has a light vanilla scent and it is embossed with an ivy pattern. when I first opened the box and saw that floppy looking flame thing at the top I thought it was broken. but when I put the batteries in and turned it on, now I see why it was "flopping" around. it's really beautiful and looks so much like a real candle flickering on the fireplace mantel. now I see why y'all like these so much.

Hayfield, I know you're leaving in the morning for you trip to NYC. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of those bright lights. safe travels.

Helen, I'm concerned about catwhisperer too. she's one of our friends I was thinking of last night when I said I thought some of us needed extra special thoughts & prayers. hopefully we'll hear from her soon. I've never seen The Nutcracker in person. I think I would be spellbound Smiley Happy. I know you enjoyed your sister's visit and had fun shopping and getting a manicure together.

Snardy, it sounds like you and your DH have been busy and enjoying yourselves. I'llbe watching the Broncos this weekend too. do you think Peyton will be back?

Loves, your hair style suits you to a "T'. since you are very petite, it fits you perfectly. I have read about Christmas festivals and craft show at some Texas towns like Fredricksburg and New Braunfels and some of the other German settler towns. have you ever been to any of them?

Martie, I hope you are healing and feeling stronger. I really didn't realize that chemo could cause neuropathy. since you're through with the chemo, will it subside? I know it must be frustrating when your body doesn't cooperate with your brain.

@Tricolor, have you heard from Kat? we are all very concerned about her.

special good thoughts to Shorelady, Puddles, Hooty, srpete, 2blonde, whatnow, mistic, Fancy, NCbandwagon, RetRN,corismom and all our friends here.

here's a Saucier, Mississippi sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich