Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies........Come Join Us For October!

Good Morning! It was so nice to come home last night and just "turn on" my fire! I'm off today and this weekend, Yeah! We're going to one of our favorite vineyards, we're club memebers, to pick up our wine and we invited friends to join us. Since they're our guests, they'll get to do the tasting for free, then we may stay and get a cheese plate and just drink wine and look out at the mountains!

Mochahoney--Enjoy your DD wedding! We'll be thinking of you!

KatCat1--I would love to know who gets early deliveries from the Post Office or UPS. They have never come to my house before noon, no matter where I have lived. UPS sometimes drops off backages anywhere from 3-7 pm. I really hate when they come after DH comes home! The mail gets delivered anywhere from 12 to 5 pm. I just ordered a new stand for my TV from Wayfair, I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon and it was delivered by FedEx sometime on Thursday afternoon. It was shipped from Texas and I live in Northern Virginia. I didn't have to pay shipping charges and the item weighs 66 lbs.!

Honored Contributor

A Very Early Good Morning to Everyone!

DH had to leave at 6 today for a meeting, so I got up to see him off and here I am...It's almost 6:30 and still very dark outside. I think I read Daylight Savings begins Sunday, so we'll be losing an hour soon.....

MOCHAHONEY, I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for you. You've worried, planned, shopped, and now I hope you can just relax and enjoy every single minute of your DD's wedding. The memories created tomorrow will be cherished forever; I wish them all the love, health and happiness possible on their very special day. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll have perfect weather too.

KAT, when I first read your message I was so disappointed your pillows still hadn't arrived. But, now I see they have so can't wait to hear what you think. I liked mine from the first night I used them; I hope you will too. Max is laying at my feet asleep; he sends lots of love and a "WOOF" to sweet Ava.

HAYFIELD, you have a perfect day planned for your day off; can I go too?Smile Have a great time wine tasting, relax and enjoy the beautiful sights. I'm got my fireplace going right now too; feeling warm and cozy!

FANCY, I hope you were able to get some rest yesterday and woke up feeling better this morning. Hope to hear from you. Enjoy whatever plans you have today and the rest of the weekend.....

I'm staying in today; at least that's my plan right now. I want to get things ready here for my family arriving tomorrow morning. We'll be celebrating my sister's birthday, and I'm making her a cake. I bought some candy yesterday for the "Trick or Treaters". We usually get a lot of kids from the very young to teenagers. I especially love checking out the little ones costumes; so cute. We are expecting rain late evening through early morning tomorrow. My family will all be driving, so hopefully, they won't have any problems because of weather.

Keeping good thoughts and sending prayers for SUNSHINE, SPAMMOM, CORISMOM, CINDY, SHORELADY, and all our friends going through health/difficult times. Looking forward to hearing from them soon. Waving hello to H2be, HADAKI, USEDTOBE, RetRN, AuntG and, of course, each and every one I've missed.

Look for our new thread which I'll probably start later this evening. Have a great Friday and stay safe....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good Morning, Ladies. Trick or Treat.

Helen, I had the best night's sleep which I have not experienced in a very long time. My Pillows were worth the wait. My neck is not stiff either. I did toss them in the dryer for 5 minutes.

Hayfield, What ever happened to mail being delivered in the morning? When I was a kid mail was delivered between 9 & 10 am. My UPS guy usually comes around 3:30 pm sometimes earlier. I was upset because I could have gone out and I am stuck at home waiting for UPS. I bet UPS delivers packages to businesses in the morning. I have never had a morning delivery. When I was working, UPS always arrived in the morning.

Mocha, You will be having a beautiful weekend and we are all thinking of you. It must be a really beautiful moment to see your child get married.

I do not have any trick or treaters as I live in a Sr. apt. complex so I do save money on not buying candy but sometimes miss seeing the kids in costumes.

Enjoy your Halloween and now it's countdown to Thanksgiving. Have a great day. I may visit later.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone, I'm home!!!! Praise the lord! I do not need to go to rehab, like the last time. I will have 2 county PTs come twice a week. If I need more, they can up me to 3Xs a week. The surgery was more difficult this time. I'm not sure why> There was considerable more pain and difficulty sleeping. Food tasted terrible too. I know that this too shall pass. People were very sweet with cards, flowers and kind wishes. Did I mention that the 30th was my birthday? I can't remember. In any case, I really didn't feel like celebrating so I just let it slide by. Now I kinda feel badly about that. I think it made my daughters & granddaughters feel sad that I didn't want to celebrate. They did call and sang birthday songs over the phone. I sure wish they lived closer!{#emotions_dlg.crying} So when I get back to being more like myself, I hope to catch up with everyone. And thanks for all the kind & thoughtful wishes. You are a great bunch of ladies and I love being a part of this forum. Smile Talk to you soon. Happy Halloween to everyone and have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

corismom, so glad you are home and doing well. Wonderful that you didn't have to go to rehab, there is no place like home.

Belated happy birthday wishes.

Respected Contributor

hi ladies: good afternoon and happy halloween!

my little day off with the vertigo only lasted yesterday, and although i was down for the count, to be totally honest it is nice to have my wings clipped once in a while. i pretty much spent the day on the couch. it (so far) only seems to last for one day, so i really can't complain. today i was back in the saddle with my usual friday routine!

helen, i do hope that you are having fun with your baking and prep in anticipation of your family coming for your sister's birthday. how nice for you to have so much family near enough to have little family celebrations like that. i hope you have a wonderful time!

kat, so happy to hear that you finally recieved your pillows! i can only imagine what a good night of sleep that you had last night. i do wish that i had the extra funds to get one for myself, but it just does not seem to be in the cards right now.

like kat, i also live in a place where we have no children, and it's always a little sad around holiday time. i live in a large over55 condo community. i call it geezerville. really. i am a geezer. Smiley Happy

hayfield, so glad to hear that you are enjoying your new fire! what a pleasure to come home to! (except not if you live in florida like me ... lol) hope you have a fine time at the vineyards with your friends. that sounds like a fine time!

corismom! ! ! wow. welcome back (so soon !!) it's a relief to hear that your surgery is over and was successful. so cool that you didnt have to go to rehab! so, happy belated birthday and welcome home! so very glad that you like coming here, and we sure do love having you here with us!

waving hello to retrn, cindy, spammom and shorelady, loves, hadaki, usedtobe and h2be and sunshine ... and anyone i am forgetting ...

and special good vibes, good thoughts, and heavy duty prayers for mocha on her big weekend!

have a happy halloween evening, ladies!

Honored Contributor

HI EVERYONE.....I put our new thread up for November; I want to make sure you all find it. FANCY, just in case you come here first, I'm so glad you feel better today after a good day of rest. We all need to relax and "recoup" every once in a while. CORISMOM, Welcome home and Happy Birthday...a little late. So glad you don't need rehab, and I hope each day you feel better and stronger!
~H~
Super Contributor

Good Saturday Morning Ladies:

We only had 4 trick or treaters yesterday. Times certainly have changed from years ago when we had lots of children on our block. Now those children are gone and most of us are grandparents and senior citizens. We don't even get children from nearby like we used to.

Helen......You had asked what my Thanksgiving plans were. I will be going away to DD's. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving is Grandparents' Day at my grandchildren's school so I will be there for them. It is going to be very difficult because DH and I went to three previous Grandparents' Day, and I will be going myself now. All "firsts" will be difficult, but I have gotten this far and know I will be able to get through others. Sorry to be dwelling on my problems, but they seem to be my entire life right now. Things will get better, I know.

corismom......Happy to hear that you are home. As they say, "there's no place like home". And a belated very Happy Birthday and many more!

Kat......We have been having mail delivery problems the last few years. We had the same mailman for years and years. When he retired a few years back, we suddenly became the route no one wanted. We have a different mail person every day. I think some major cutbacks here have resulted in fewer personnel to deliver the mail. Some days we get it 9 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon or 5 in the early evening.

Tomorrow there is a special Mass at our church to commemorate All Souls' Day. Our pastor started a new tradition a few years back. The family of anyone whose funeral was held in our church during the past year is invited to attend the 7PM Mass at which time the family will place a flower on the altar in honor of the loved one we lost. This is done while the names are being read. I am attending the service since it seems such a lovely way to honor him and just hope I can hold it together emotionally. DH was always impressed by it.

Waving hello to everyone and hope you all had a Happy Halloween.

Esteemed Contributor

hi everyone. we haven't been home long and my head is still spinning from all the excitement. I have to say, it was kind of amazing. I was so nervous all morning right up until the early afternoon when my daughter and all her bridesmaids were getting their hair and makeup done and getting dressed that my blood sugar kept dropping and people were having to being me orange juice and crackers. then I got dressed and suddenly, as if by magic, a calm came over me and I felt so peaceful and relaxed. even my daughter said when the hair and makeup were done and the dress was on, she felt suddenly calm and relaxed and just ready to go. she wore my pearls and she looked so beautiful and glowing. the ceremony was beautiful. DD and her groom recited the vows they wrote to each other and then the minister did the traditional vows. thanks to everyone who assured me that I would live through this. I made it, and now I don't quite know what to do since it's all done! while we were all getting ready my DH locked my purse ( with my cell phone) in his truck so I don't have many pics right now. but when we get the photographer's photos I may post some of them. the only picture I have of me is right after I got over one of my little BS moments.

the only thing that went a little wrong that I'm aware of is the event coordinator said she had a pedestal for the cake but when the cake was delivered she didn't have one.

photo e1e6f602-d857-4668-ba12-b7ffea69b63b.jpg photo ff36a086-7932-4279-b523-1bd3d2c62c52.jpg photo a7009c22-b7bf-44f8-bf7e-cfc5e7888b1e.jpg photo 4d25194f-2ee5-4921-9526-40c3b21e1d62.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich