Super Contributor

Re: 60's (+/-) Ladies........Come Join Us For December!

Happy Saturday ...

Erik is off with his son (the NYC surgeon) and his fiancee at their favorite Mexican restaurant. His ex-SIL has gone along, but because his ex has passed away, I try to keep a respectful distance from her. Even though it's been almost 7 years and they were divorced for 4 years before she died, it's still hard for her to see him with someone else - not a problem. If i can do something that saves someone from a melt-down at Christmas, well, I'll do it. Ironically, his ex-MIL always remembers my birthday and we exchange Christmas gifts, too.

I'm ready for a quiet day on my own. Cleaning up the kitchen, doing laundry.

Am glad to read about your holidays.

Wishing you all a happy, happy new year!

Martie

Honored Contributor

hello all today

just plain delightful today.

warm wind, nice sunshine.

our son and daug.in law stopped by today to work on our roof. can't wait much longer will have to get total roof replaced come spring/summer. to many leaks are showing up. dh supervised and son did the work.

going to sit grand kids tonight at their house.

not much else going on. later guys.

Honored Contributor

Hi, viva... you are being brave with your DH's health trials. You may or may not feel lucky to be on hand to baby-sit, but I do envy you!

Helen... have lots of fun with your long-time friends!

Mochahoney... to add an aside to my comment... whenever our DD & hubby have gone ANYWHERE, after they leave and notice something is now missing... I understand one turns to the other and says "But I thought you were going to get it!" This brings back memories of being young and newly-married for me... does it bring them back for you?

fantsy pantsy... so happy for you that you are enjoying those kiddos!

Martiehugs... you deserve some angel wings for helping to make a difficult holiday situation better.

Sunshine... because of you, I was reminded to get the shingles shot. That can be a very painful and unpleasant illness to have. I hope it is healing...

more later, friends... have a wonderful evening and I hope for you that you and your families get well soon...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Stopping in briefly to say hi. I have an upper respiratory infection and it has wiped me out. In bed most of the time since Christmas Eve. Hopefully, a few more days I will feel much better. I hope you all had a blessed Christmas.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone. I'm just peeping in for a minute too. it's been a coolish, rainy day today. a good day to just stay inside and piddle around. I have had the eagle cam on my computer ( like having the TV on) in the background so I can glance at the babies whenever I want. I was privileged to see both of them hatch ( as it was actually happening) , so now there are 2 little bobble headed babies. the mom & dad ( Ozzie & Harriet) are being very good parents. Ozzie brought a couple of fish to the nest this morning and the 1st born baby had it's first meal. the 2nd baby isn't strong enough yet to hold it's head up long enough to take food.

I've slowly ( very slowly) started undecorating the tree. my little Choctaw baskets come off first, because they live in a larger basket on the fireplace hearth. the other things will go back in the storage box.

I boiled a chicken last night and DH is making chicken & dumplings for supper.

lovetoteach, we forgot our share of things when we were newlyweds too, so yes, it brings back memories. the worst thing I ever forgot ( and yes, it was my fault) was my daughter's dress when we were attending my husband's brother's wedding out of town. so here we were, out of town and getting ready for a wedding when we discovered that DD had no dress to wear. she was about 10 at the time and fortunately one of my sisters-in-law ( who was very petite) had an extra dress with her, so we hitched it up here & there and made it fit my DD.

h2be, I'm sorry to hear that your holiday didn't go quite as planned. I hope your DIL and GB are better.

Kat, I hope you are better. I'm so sorry you were sick for Christmas.

to all our friends here, have a peaceful evening.

photo 8ba7a3c9-fd60-4154-8ce7-84083998c39d.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Occasional Contributor

Hello friends! It is hard to believe Christmas is over! My mother was right...Christmas came, and it went. It was quiet here at the facility......I was so happy that son#2 was here on Christmas Eve. We sent DH home to rest on Christmas night, and son and I did a crossword puzzle. We did have a lot of fun. Yesterday, son#1and DIL came. They were here till today. I am always so sad when they leave. As soon as I can, I'll go to their home to heal, and I will go back to Pittsburgh when it is time to be measured for my prothesis. It sounds like many of you had a wonderful Christmas. It is so nice to hear about happy times!To those who are sick, I only wish you good health in the days to come. Does anyone have plans for the New year? i'm hoping to stay awake long enough to see the "ball drop"! Have a wonderful evening, everyone.I'll be back later!
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Spammom said: Hello friends! It is hard to believe Christmas is over! My mother was right...Christmas came, and it went. It was quiet here at the facility......I was so happy that son#2 was here on Christmas Eve. We sent DH home to rest on Christmas night, and son and I did a crossword puzzle. We did have a lot of fun. Yesterday, son#1and DIL came. They were here till today. I am always so sad when they leave. As soon as I can, I'll go to their home to heal, and I will go back to Pittsburgh when it is time to be measured for my prothesis. It sounds like many of you had a wonderful Christmas. It is so nice to hear about happy times!To those who are sick, I only wish you good health in the days to come. Does anyone have plans for the New year? i'm hoping to stay awake long enough to see the "ball drop"! Have a wonderful evening, everyone.I'll be back later!

Spammom, I can "hear" in your post that you are doing better. I'm so glad that you had your son to share Christmas eve with while DH got some well deserved rest.

our plan for New Year's eve is just to stay home. we don't go out , usually. sounds boring to some, I guess, but I like being cozy with DH at home.

I wanted to share one of our little Christmas traditions. it started many, many years ago when DH and I decided to wear our red high top Converses to our family Christmas gathering at my sister's house. everyone laughed so hard at us that we decided to do it every year, just as a joke. even if we're just going to be at our house. so even though we spent Christmas at our house with DD and her family, we wore them. his Converses are about 37 years old ( he had them for years before we got married) and mine were bought when we were at Fort Polk, right after we got married 33 years ago. we only wear them on Christmas day. as I say, one day a year is sufficient. {#emotions_dlg.lol}.

photo 11a5067f-e35f-4c9d-bdcb-41815246899c.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Mochahoney, such a cute tradition! Glad you enjoyed spending time with DD and her family.

Sunshine, I am praying that you are cured. So sorry about the shingles though. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

KatCat1, I am really sorry that you were ill over the holidays. What a bummer. Hope you are feeling better today.

Spammom, I am thrilled that you are on the road to recovery and I hope you will be fitted for your prosthesis as soon as possible. You are an inspiration for me because you remind to count my blessings. You have been so strong through all this and I know your husband has been a great support for you. Best wishes.

I have been enjoying everyone's posts about their holidays. Hard to believe 2015 is almost here.

Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING! Our friends spent the night. We stayed up late last night, just reminiscing about old times. Sat for a while around our fire pit in the back yard until it just got too cold. We'll be going out for breakfast/brunch in a while, then I think their plan is to take off from there. They were happy to be able to visit with our son, who they haven't seen for a long time. He stopped over on his way for work. Our DD called to say Hi, so that was nice too. KAT, I'm so sorry and worried your not feeling well. Mainly, since you live alone. I'm hoping there's someone you can call if you need help. Please keep us posted. MOCHAHONEY, "The Family That Plays Together, Stays Together!" That phrase came to my mind reading about you and your DH's tradition. How fun is that? Love you share such a good sense of humor; that'll keep you both young at heart, for sure! SPAMMOM, bless both your sons for spending precious time with you over Christmas which let your DH go home to rest a while. I know that meant so much to you and helped pass the time too. I'm also glad to hear you'll be staying with your son while you heal for a while. You and your family are in my prayers always. Stay strong, dear friend. MARTIE, thanks for stopping by. I agree, you deserve a medal for your generosity and thoughtfulness. Enjoy the rest of your time with Eric and family. H2be, when it rains, it pours! One thing after another; I'm so sorry for all the setbacks/issues over Christmas and hope you and your DH will still be able to get back to Florida. Prayers for your DIL and your baby GD to feel better soon too. I need to go but want to wish you all a safe and blessed Sunday....il try and check back later this evening. A HUGE game for the Chargers today; they need a win. Wish us luck!!!
~H~
Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Helen... you guys had a sleep-over!

Mochahoney... you are a very pretty person... thank you for sharing your photo! Love those red Converse shoes... what a fun tradition!

Have a great day and be well!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~