Honored Contributor

Re: 60's (+/-) Ladies........Come Join Us For December!

a wonderful happy Christmas to one and all,

wonderful day for me, spent it with my family, morn with son/wife and grandkids, afternoon with daughter/hubby and other grandkids.

ate way to much.

ok later guys.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning! Well, I found out from the weatherman that yesterday was the warmest Xmas in our area in 35 years. I didn't need to wear at coat yesterday at work it was that warm. The morning went by fast and then I was home by 1 pm getting ready for my friends. We had a really nice evening, ate too much of course. I only had two classes of wine though.

Spammon--Yes, it is always better to laugh than to cry. Noel is a great name for our stump! Your DS sounds like a great cook! I love men that like to cook. I'm glad you had a day off from PT. PT is really hard work.

Mochahoney--Did your DD and SIL stay overnight or were they just there for the day? You'll never guess where I'm going to this morning? Yes, the gym! I think I'll have to work out twice as hard today, I ate way too much yesterday. I've decided that next week I'm sending all my goodies to my DH office. If I keep all these goodies in the house, I'll gain 5 lbs before I know it. It takes forever to loose 5 lbs but I think I gain it in about two days!

Lovestoteach--Your recipes look good! How is DH's doing? When do you go to PA for Lexi's first birthday? DD turns 25 on Jan. 5 and she told us that she'll be going out for drinks with her friends that day and that we can take her out to dinner on Jan. 4. She's heading to Disney World for a week on January 8.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Did you end up going to the movies to see "Unbroken"? I want to see "Into the Woods". DS got to go see it before it came out and he said he liked it. They all had to check their cell phones since it was officially coming out until Xmas Day. He gets to do things like that because of his job. I got some "free" stuff as Xmas presents this year, again, connected to his job. He did remind me though that he did actually buy me a couple of things. I wanted one of those wallets that your credit cards are protected and can't be scanned. I needed a new wallet and asked him for that kind. A friend of mine has one.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Friday morning! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. like Helen said, I looked around this morning at the empty house and thought: is that it?. well, yes. that's it. except for the memories. all the planning, all the preparations, choosing the and wrapping gifts, the cooking, the Christmas dishes unpacked, the table set, the anticipation. but with all that done and over with, it was a very good Christmas.

the only little hiccup we had: my DD & her family had planned on being here about 1pm. they live 100 miles away. they left about an hour later than they had planned to and about 1/2 way here they realized they had left the Christmas presents at home. so, they had to turn around and go back. they didn't make it here until about 4:30. but it was all good. we opened presents, then started the steaks. everything was delicious and everybody had fun. it was the first time the kids have been to our house. DD had to work today, so they had to go back last night.

I must admit that I did indulge a bit too much. the macaroni & cheese, baked potato and coconut cake were delicious but unfortunately the salad didn't cancel out those carbs & calories as I pretended it would.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. my fasting blood sugar is usually between 85 and 104 but this morning it was 123. I will have to restrain myself to limit the leftovers.

I've been watching the SW Florida eagle cam off and on for the past 6 weeks or so. there are 2 eggs and it's time for them to hatch very soon. one of the eggs has a tiny chip in it ( they call it a pip, not sure why) which apparently means the baby has begun pecking at the shell. there will most likely be eaglet #1 sometime today or tomorrow.

lovestoteach, I love oysters, but can't imagine them in a dressing. I'd like to try it one day. I've never had anything but cornbread dressing and although I'm not the best cook, my dressing ( which I learned from my mother) is pretty good.

hello to all our friends here. have a great Friday, y'all. lovestoteach, I'll bet Friday used to be your favorite day of the week. it takes a little while to lose that feeling of anticipating Friday and sort of dreading Monday. pretty soon you'll feel like I do: every day is Saturday!

edited to add: while typing this post I had my computer screen split so I could watch the eagle cam at the same time. I actually saw the egg split and what looked like a tiny wing wiggled out of the egg, then after a few minutes a little head popped up. yea!!! an eaglet has hatched!! I was actually watching the cam when Harriet laid this egg 36 days ago. so I've seen this baby from the very beginning!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

About oyster dressing... it is not cornbread dressing and when I eat it, I have to be prepared for that. It has a different flavor... and so I eat it as such. I made too much, too! We ate rich foods yesterday and are feeling it today!

Hayfield... your daughter is about five years younger than ours. Daughters are fun! (I'm sure so are sons!) I hope I remember the name of this movie in order to see it. Still would like to see and read "Gone Girl."

The new computer is now installing Norton360, which is the program I prefer. Downloaded Chrome... have never set up a computer by scratch... so this is fun... still.

Mochahoney... I'm so glad you were OK after that awful weather. Those pictures shown later during that day were horrible. Poor your daughter and husband. Our DD has been leaving things behind ever since they married! LOL

Helen... in the "aftermath" of Christmas, right now I need a nap!

We exchanged little presents... DH gave me a gift certificate to the spa (YAY) and I gave him a J Crew crewneck all-cotton dressy tee. It looks nice. Our big present to each other is our plane ticket to PA mid-jan... we can hardly wait!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

DH's knee seems to be progressing toward healing! He is walking on it and reported today that it is only sore just a little ... inside. So, I am carefully watching... he just wants it to be done with! : )

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

real quick tonight.

all is quiet now. dh goes to dr. in 4 weeks to see about next round of surg.this will be the big one.

am exhausted.

OK guys later.

Respected Contributor

*peeking in*

hi everyone and continued happy holidays to all !!!

i am thoroughly enjoying every single minute that i am able to have with my children during these last few days. christmas eve and christmas day were just wonderful ... and then today was a long day of sightseeing and eating ... and tomorrow will be more of the same. they are having a good time, and i am cherishing every single minute.

sending warmest wishes to all ... and sending some special prayers for so many of you who need them.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

. Just "peeking in" like FANCY.....we're headed out to dinner in a few. DH is taking Max for a quick walk. I haven't read all the recent posts, but from what I did, sounds like everyone had/still having a great holiday. Some very long time friends will be visiting us over the weekend and I'm pretty excited about that. We've known them since high school and they've been married just about as long as us! Which is a pretty long time (-; HAYFIELD, we never made it to the movies. I want to see Into The Woods too....maybe we'll make it over the weekend with our friends. You're son is so lucky he gets to preview and, of course, you get a few "perks", which is great too! MOCHAHONEY, the important thing is your DD and her family made it safe to your house and you all had a special visit. I'm happy for you. I think probably most of us have been eating a little more than usual; I know I have. Again, my plan is to follow HAYFIELDS example and get back to exercising, which for me is walking after the new year. I sure hope so anyway. How exciting you saw the baby eaglet hatch; I would have loved seeing that! LOVES, hope you got your nap. Now that you aren't on a schedule, you can fit one in any time you want! SUNSHINE, it has been a long time since you posted, but we've been thinking about you and hoping you were doing well. I'm just so sorry to hear you're now dealing with Shingles; ouch! Hopefully, it will be a mild one. In any case, please take good care and come back as soon as you're able. FANCY, sounds like you're having a memorable time with your family and that's what Christmas is all about; I agree, moments like these are to be treasured. Enjoy every second! DH has been back for a few minutes; I told him I'd be done in a minute, so I better not push my luck! Waving to ALL my friends here, old and new...keeping close in my thoughts and prayers our friends going through difficulties.....
~H~
Regular Contributor

Just stopping by to check in. Disappointing holidays for us. DDIL & Baby GD were diagnosed with influenza the day before our family get together. They couldn't travel at all for the weekend party. Then only one DD & her family were able to make it to Florida with us. Our other kids & grands were MIA, for one reason or another. Then, DH had to come back home early for problems at work. We were only there 6 days! DD & her family will stay til the end of Jan., so we may go down again before then. I'm still working on DH to retire, but he won't hear of it! So we're back to the cold, damp, dreary days a lot sooner than we had planned. BBL to catch up. Stay safe, everyone!