Respected Contributor

Re: 60's (+/-) Ladies........Come Join Us For December!

good morning friends!

i spent yesterday baking the cut out cookies and then took a quick trip with my gf to ulta because she had to get something. then we stopped at bob evans for dinner and then to the grocery for some confectioners sugar i need for frosting. today will be frosting the cookies and then baking just plain sugar cookies. maybe i will have time to do a little wrapping.

mocha, i bet you are getting excited about your dd and sil coming for christmas. i certainly am about my own kids coming. when are they coming and how long are they planning to stay? and to answer your earlier question, ... dd's dogs are cavalier king charles spaniels. what beauties they are. and what LOVERS. omg. a shock to me, as i am the owner of one very aloof and solitary yorkie. she's not one to even give me a kiss except if i catch her on just the right day!

cindy, so good to see you post a recipe again! and i am hoping that means that maybe you are feeling a little better?

helen, i am wondering if you will have a houseful for xmas, or will you be going to another family member's house?

marte, surely you are thoroughly enjoying the return of your fella. perfect time of year for his return! i don't know if you posted this and i missed it, ... but is he going to have to go back to alaska? and if so when and for how long? or was it just one long commitment and now it is done?

kat, congrats on the bingo win ... i wish you a very happy birthday ahead of time for saturday (in case i am not able to get online) and here's hoping that your cookies and fudge will be the hit of the evening this saturday again!

hello and warmest wishes for all, ... with special get well wishes for anyone who is sick, and great big warm hugs for anyone suffering.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays a bit early! We're leaving for our DD's today to celebrate our family Christmas tomorrow. From there, it's off to Florida for a few weeks.

Helen, Spammom (miss you), Cindy, Mocha, Loves, Hayfield, RetRN, Shorelady, Kat, Fancy, Corismom, Puddles, & all our friends who post here - I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas & are able to make many new & happy memories.

Stay safe!

Valued Contributor

Just want to wish all of you here

MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING! We got a nice surprise last night. My sister and niece drove out for a, hopefully, final day of shopping. They'll leave tomorrow morning. It was so spur of the moment; they love a mall we have out here. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a fun and busy day. MOCHA, so curious to know how all went with your stylist. Any changes? KAT, congratulations on your Bingo win! Do you have plans for your special birthday coming up? CINDY, just like "old times" seeing you post delicious recipes. So happy your test came back good. Hopefully, they'll get your BP back where it should be soon. FANCY, we're celebrating with extended family at my niece's this weekend. Christmas Eve/Day will just be with our kids/grandkids out here. Guess what? We're thinking of a King Charles puppy to add to our family. We've heard great things about them. H2be, so good to hear from you before you take off traveling. Have a wonderful time celebrating with your family and spending time in Florida. Hope you can stop by whenever to let us know how you are. HAYFIELD, you've been working such long hours, I know you're looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend. Enjoy getting some baking done too. FIREFLY, Merry Christmas to you too! I think I hear my sister or niece upstairs so I better go. Don't know when I'll be back here; hopefully late tonight or tomorrow. Wishing you all a safe, great day. CorisMom, SPAMMOM, SHORELADY, PUDDLES.....special thoughts being sent for healing/comfort and peace to you all. Waving to RetRN, LOVES, MARTIE (enjoy this special time), CATWHISPERER, DANKY (we miss you), HOOTY and all the special people who post here......
~H~
Esteemed Contributor

happy Thursday everyone. can you believe that Christmas is one week from today? my daughter has to work the day before and the day after Christmas, so they will be here for Christmas day but will have to go back that night. I don't remember if I ever mentioned before that the young man she married has 2 children and he has custody of them, ages 9 and 11. so when she married him she became an instant mother and we became instant grandparents. it's a little strange, because although we've spent some time with them, we really don't know them very well. it's difficult when we live 100 miles apart and their work schedules are so busy, it makes it hard to spend time with the children. but , that will come in time. they're sweet kids and very excited to have new grandparents, and we're excited too ( and a little unsure of how to be a grandparent {#emotions_dlg.blink}).

Helen, I told my hair dresser that I had chickened out on doing the low light procedure. I think she was relieved because, as she said," I don't think you're ready to make yourself look old". so she adjusted the color formula ( more brown, less red) and I think it turned out really good. we'll see after a wash or two, but as my DH said "there's no orange glow on the top of your head anymore" {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Fancy, I don't think I've ever even seen a King Charles spaniel (other than in pictures) but I've always read that they are very sweet and loyal little dogs. we have a little 16 year old chihuahua. she's blind but still pretty spunky, although it's like having a baby because she tends to bump into things, so we pretty much carry her everywhere. she's not a very affectionate dog, but she definitely prefers me over DH. she'll wag her tail when I talk to her and occasionally gives me "sugar", but usually growls when DH talks to her .

Hayfield, it will be so good to have 3 days off. you could catch up on a little rest, but you'll probably be at the gym {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. I found another photo taken at Mount Vernon. this one is of both my parents, taken in 1951. does it still look like this? photo 80c8fa42-c855-4212-b035-6988ad4936d5.jpg

Kat, you're busy making fudge and cookies! and how fun to win Bingo and a raffle ticket. I can't allow myself to be anywhere near fudge, because I can't control myself!!

Cindy, it's so good to see you posting recipes again. I hope you'll be feeling better every day. as my docs that I used to work with would tell that rare patient with low blood pressure: drink some chicken or beef broth, or eat some soup. the extra sodium may help. if you feel up to it, please send Spammom our love and let her know we're missing her.

MartieHugs, since your work-work is done, you'll have time for holiday fun with your Swede. as Fancy mentioned, will he be returning to Alaska? or will he at least have time for an extended visit with you? whichever it is, I know you will treasure your time together.

H2be, have a wonderful trip and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

hello to RetRN, Hooty ( congratulations! I saw your news on the Cafe' thread about another grandchild!), Danky, Catwhisperer, Corismom, Sunshine, Usedtobe, Firefly ( and Merry Christmas to you also, please come back and post more often), Shorelady, Puddles, AuntG and all our cyber friends here ( including those I failed to mention).

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for all your kind thoughts. My Swedie will be returning to Alaska on Jan 2nd. Long winter vacation. Yes, we'll have lots of time to do things. He hasn't been home in a year, so there's lots of catching up to do.

I can't believe Christmas is a week away. Much to do, and so little time. My lovely hairdresser who is between salons came yesterday and cut my hair for me. Isn't that nice of her? A real, old-fashioned house call. She asked if there was anything I needed done around the house so she's returning tomorrow to help me with a few things. Another nice surprise. I was just saying to a friend that I wished I knew someone who could come and help. Because of my back I can't vacuum or do things that require a lot of bending or even standing, so she'll have her hand full, for sure.

Had an interesting ah-ha moment today. Was putting on my makeup - trying to feel festive - and my concealer wasn't working quite right, do I grabbed a darker shade of foundation and dabbed a little of that on the offending luggage under my eyes. I set it with some transparent powder and surprise, surprise it worked beautifully.

I also got my Laura Geller TSV and it's quite nice. I don't wear lipstick - just a little gloss - but the rest is lovely. I'm afraid of shimmery/glimmery eyeshadows, but this is just great, and the high lighter is interesting. A little goe a long way. Blush is pretty pinky, but if I'm careful it'll be just fine.

Will check in tomorrow. Have a great day!

Martie

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

The choc. chip cookies are in the oven and smell soooooo good. The other day a chef on TV said if you increase the brown sugar your cookies will be chewy so the recipe called for 3/4 c sugar & 3/4 brown sugar. I used 1 c brown sugar and 1/2 sugar and the cookies are chewy. I will be taking to Bingo on Sat. night.

Mocha, the fudge I made Sunday night but it lasts a couple of weeks in the refrigerator. I will take the remaining to Bingo again this Sat. I should give you the recipe it's called Fannie Mae fudge for a candy store here in the Midwest (supposedly their fudge recipe). Everyone likes it.

MartieHugs, I found that if you use eye shadow with shimmer you just have to apply lightly and it looks good on mature women. I like to wear light shades because they open up the eye area like vanilla, light gray, and sandy old by Bobbi Brown long wearing crème shadow is very pretty.

Ladies, Bobbi Brown is offering 20% off & free shipping on her website. Today is the last day. I just found out.

Have a great evening.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Hi everyone...

I wanted to post another recipe that is soooo good~My next door neighbor made these cookies today, brought me a dozen, and we proceeded to enjoy - delicious with coffee. A pretty cookie for this time of year.

WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES

1/2 c. butter flavored shortening

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 c. sugar

1 c. light brown sugar, packed

3.4 oz. pkg. instant French vanilla pudding mix

1/2 t.. baking soda

1 1/2 t. vanilla extract

2 `/2 c. all purpose flour

1 1/2 c. white cholocate chips

1/2 c. macadamia nuts, crushed

1 c. dried cranberries

In a large bowl, blend together shortening, eggs, sugars, dry pudding mix, baking soda, vanilla & flour. Fold in remaining ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake @ 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Makes about 3 1/2 doz.

Good eating Smile

Cindy

Super Contributor

Thanks, Kat ... I usually go for pale pink or lavender eye shadow. I have tried the Laura Geller and I like it ... gently. And I discovered if I put it on with my finger it seems to be better. thanks again!

Martie

Honored Contributor

~H~