Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

happy Thursday evening everyone. DH spent most of the afternoon at my stepmother's house, fixing some minor house issues for her. she had several blown fuses and thought she had reset them, but she actually didn't get the levers pushed back all the way over so her garage door wouldn't open, her dishwasher wouldn't come on and her TV and computer connections were off. since he was gone most of the day I just piddled around the house, changing sheets, doing laundry. you know, regular boring house stuff. before he left and after he got home, I did manage to get in two 1 1/2 mile walks. we're expecting stormy weather tomorrow, so I may not get to walk at all. maybe I need to think about getting some rain gear. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hi, today...

The funeral proceedings are being held today for the student. It is tragic -- however, this was not unexpected. Still... I remember her mom telling me that the medicine K was on was not even affordable (probably experimental). It hasn't been mentioned, but perhaps her struggles with this disease/condition will help others live longer. She probably lived a long life when put in perspective. Pardon me if I am repeating information... this has upset me a bit.

Tonight we will go with niece and DBIL out to an Italian place for dinner.

I have been researching Southwestern Native American jewelry and still... purses, purses, purses! This may sound morbid, but please bury me with my purses! LOL (and maybe some jewelry too!)

Will read up about everybody's doings. Helen, that is great that you go into the hospital when they need you.

Honored Contributor

For my ""green thumb"" friends:

Ice Cream Tulip!

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies, Happy Friday & weekend! Beautiful weather today -- sunny & 65 degrees. The blooming trees are on the tip of opening up and we have so many flowering trees throughout our complex, mostly white but a few pink & lavender.

I am off to run errands. ava has been dropping her new toy at my feet since she received it. Play, play, play, that should be her middle name. I found out that the Tonkinese cats are the most dog-like cats -- interesting.

Helen, I love to stay in my pj's on rainy days and just be lazy. You are so fortunate to have a sister. I always wanted one but have 2 brothers instead. ava sends xx & oo's to Max. Meow.

Ladies, Have a wonderful Friday.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Have a nice day amongst the flowers, Katcat! enjoy!

Super Contributor

Hello everyone ...

Just thought I'd share that after a few warmer days and not a small amount of rain, I can see my garden! You're all dears to listen to me complain about our miserable winter weather.

Off to run a few errands and join friends for dinner.

Have a great day!!

Martie

Esteemed Contributor

happy Friday everyone. our weather forecast said thunderstorms, hail, and high winds starting in the wee hours of the morning and lasting all day today. I guess weather forecasting isn't a sure thing, because it drizzled a little during the night and it's been really cloudy, but there's been no rain here during the day. so, I was able to get 2 good walks in for a total of 3.33 miles and over 7,000 steps. I love walking next to the lake and hearing the geese honk, seeing people out fishing. at least it's something to look at while I walk.

we are going to our 46th high school reunion tomorrow night. I really don't like reunions and always dread going, but I almost always end up having a good time and enjoy seeing some old friends that I haven't seen in years. DH and I graduated together, so we know the same people from school. there are 2 other couples ( I'm sure I've mentioned them before ) that we have been good friends with since junior high and have stayed in touch with over all these years. they will be there, so that will make it fun. we had a huge class ( around 500) so of course, I never even knew a lot of them.

loves, it's good that you're going out to dinner tonight. enjoy your Italian meal. so you love purses? me too. I've had to restrain myself. when I was working I rationalized that I could have a lot of purses, but now that I'm retired I seriously don't need more than a couple. I have sold several, so right now I think I only have 6 or 7. my favorite brand is Marino Orlandi. they're made in Italy and I've probably bought and sold dozens of them on eBay over the years. right now my current favorite is my most recent purchase, a LV fawn colored Epi leather speedy 25. I think it will be my forever purse, I just can't imagine ever tiring of it. I guess I will have to be buried with my shaker boxes. my daughter has absolutely no interest in having them and of course my DH doesn't care anything about them.

Martie and Kat, I'm so happy to hear that you're finally seeing signs of spring. what a joy it must be to see flowers after all that snow. it sounds like both of you may be feeling better and are able to get out and enjoy the change in your weather.

Helen, I hope you've had a restful Friday. are you cooking tonight? I'm making a pork tenderloin and will have asparagus and sweet potatoes with it. it's almost the weekend, so enjoy some rest and maybe get some flower gardening in too.

Hayfield, do you wear sandals to work when it gets warmer? I guess it's not quite sandal season yet where you are, but it would be a good excuse for a pedicure.

Fancy, shorelady, RetRn and spammom: I'm thinking of you all and hope we hear something form each of you soon. come back and chat a little when you feel like it.

hi to all our friends here. have a peaceful Friday evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I am SO AFRAID to even look at LV purses! However, when one catches my eye I just drool! ROTFL

Have been into switching sizes of purses these days... that is a luxury because I used to have to "pack" like for a trip when I'd go to school! Can't decide... to go out to dinner I only need smaller, but need to have room for glasses (sun and reg); lip; wipes; billfold; phone... don't need bottled water for a short "jaunt." What I need to stop doing is buying "good deals" because I can re-sell them if they don't work... ha ha... I call this "Justified Shopping" but it really needs to stop!

The venture into Southwestern jewelry has been interesting. Carolyn Pollack is so honest... she is truthful about stones, etc. Pictures often distort the size of the stone, etc. I thought seller was trying to sell me Howlite, when what I was looking for was White Buffalo. This couple was very nice and they are allowing me to return the piece.

Have fun at your reunion! That is so cool that you both graduated at the same time and know the same people! FUN

Honored Contributor

Good Evening!

I'm just about ready to go up and get ready for dinner. DH and I are meeting friends at one of our favorite seafood restaurants on the bay. Beautiful views and a great menu; I'm hungry and looking forward to it.

MOCHAHONEY, woo hoo! Over 3 miles walking...that is just great. I hope those geese aren't close; they can be nasty. We have a lake a few miles from my house. It's so pretty with a little boat marina too. Wish it was closer; I don't want to drive somewhere to walk. Have a wonderful time at your reunion. It helps so much that you and your DH know the same people and going with friends you've kept in touch with will be even more fun.

KAT, I wish I could see Ava. I just know her and Max would be friends. (-; after he got done "sniffing" her that is. He's so nosy. If it wasn't for my DIL being very allergic to cats, I would have one. So glad you're having such beautiful weather...enjoy!

LOVES, decisions decisions! What purse to take? Ha! I have faith you'll make the right choice. I don't change mine much. I have a bone colored one I'm using right now. Seems to go with everything. Now when it comes to jewelry, well, count me in! Hmmm...justified shopping. I'll have to remember that! Hope you have a nice relaxing dinner. You've been through a lot recently; I think it's just the perfect ending to a sad time..... Thanks for the beautiful flowers.

MARTIE, Yes! You've waited so long for nice warm weather; I'm hopeful this is the beginning of good things to come. Have a great time with your friends tonight; sound like fun!

Yikes! DH is almost done getting ready, and I don't know what I'm wearing yet! I have a little time before we go, but I better close. Trying not to worry about SPAMMOM. I hope we haven't heard from her because she's adjusting and enjoying being home. FANCY, SHORELADY, H2be ((hugs)).....waving to all our friends! Have a great rest of the evening.

~H~