Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

happy Tuesday evening everyone. I had my tune-up today: hair cut and colored, manicure and pedicure. I was in desperate need of all of it. it always makes me feel better after I've been pampered a little bit.

when I got home I decided to go ahead and walk early, since we've had afternoon thunderstorms almost every day lately. since I won't be walking tonight I decided to push myself to do 2 round trips on my walking course. after the 2nd course, I decided what the heck....if I can do 2 rounds, I might as well do 3. so I did it 3 times and by the time I got in the house I was dripping wet with sweat. but I did it! last weekend my daughter showed me how to listen to music on my phone ( I know, I'm such a do-do for not even knowing that), so now I have been listening to 60's rock while I walk and I think it helps me.

speaking of 60's rock, that reminds me that it's been a while since since we heard from Fancy (unless I've overlooked a post from her). I know she mentioned she's been going through some "stuff" . so this is for Fancy: if you're reading this, I hope you are OK and will be back soon to chat. or just to say hello.

Helen, I've been seeing the news about the drought in California. and the water rationing. those pictures on the news of entire lakes and reservoirs dried up are so sad. what will you do about your flowers? and will you be able to have a vegetable garden?

Martie, I hope your sunshine and warmer temps have lasted. winter has to end sometimes, right? at least enjoy it while you can. who knows, maybe it's here to stay.

Spammom, I hope you first couple of days at home have been good. I can't wait to hear about it.

Hayfield, when I was working all I could do when I got home from work was to take a shower, put on my nighties and collapse on the couch. I had absolutely no reserve energy after work at all.

hi to Kat, Shorelady, RetRN, Loves, AuntG , Danky, Hooty, Puddles, catwhisperer and all our friends here.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I got off a little later tonight. My replacement called and said she'd be about half an hour or so late. Then, I took my partner home; she drove in with me. It was a busy day as usual, but the time went by fast, so it was all good. I haven't heen home long; DH is out getting us hamburgers, yum!

MOCHAHONEY, this drought thing out here is scary. I mean I haven't heard exactly what it means for us all yet, but things are so dry out here, I'm sure it will be strict. Our lawns will definitely suffer, and I'll probably limit my gardening to what I have right now. Most of my plants are pretty well established, so hopefully will be OK. As far as my vegetable plans; I'll wait and see. Maybe I'll just have a couple containers; tomatoes for sure. Isn't it nice listening to music while walking...makes the time go by fast.

HAYFIELD, your new uniforms sound so nice. Of course, I wear one too. Our color tops are burgundy, button down or polo, and white pants. Shoes can be slip on or tie tennis shoes; white. Yours sound dressier. Navy blue is my favorite color. Now that I've been walking a few months, I like the idea of a personal trainer. I've never had one. Mixing up my routine of exercising sounds like a good thing. Enjoy your days off.....

KAT, sounds like you had a pretty lucky day all around. Walgreens prices are usually good and with coupons and 20% off; I'm sure you did well. I love going there just looking at all their stuff. Keeping a sense of humor with your car is less stressful too; I'm so glad you lucked out with your tire. we're supposed to get rain too...hopefully, more than a little.

I guess that's it for me for now. DH has been back a few minutes and is waiting for me. Hope everyone had a good day and wishing you all the same for what's left of the evening. Thinking of FANCY, LOVES, SHORELADY, SPAMMOM, and all going through any difficult times....Good Night everyone!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! It's movie day, again for me. My friend, I also work with her, loves to go to the movies and since my DH does not, I usually go with her and we just went last week to see "Woman in Gold". Today, we're going to see "Danny Collins" with Al Pacino. I let you know if it's worth going to see. We'll hit Panera's first for lunch. Even though we work together, sometimes we're on different schedules and I don't see her most of the day. I'm working out first, so I got up really early, put a load of laundry in the washer. I'm working tomorrow but have the weekend off, Yeah!

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Yes, our new uniforms are a little nicer than the ones we had. I love a true Navy, it almost looks black. Luckily when I got out my khaki pants and skirts, they all fit. I got a great pair of khaki pants at the Talbot outlet last year, they were originally $90 but I got them for $20. The shoes we wear can be brown or black but I mostly have gotten khaki/beige colored shoes as they blend right in with my pants/skirts. I have some Clarks too that I wear and I have a Navy pair that will look good for private events with our new blazers. We got blazers for private events. Maybe you already mentioned this and I forgot but do you have regular days that you work?

Respected Contributor

KatCat1--I have to take my 2011 Camry in for a oil & filter change and the state inspection. I pray that it doesn't need anything else. I hate when I take the car in for something minor and they come back with "bad news" about all the other things I need to have done to the car. DH's '07 needs about $1,200 in maintenance, they warned us the last time we took it in that it should be done within the next 6 months. We thought about getting a new car but I told DH that we should put the money into the car and hope we get two more years out of it. I really want to wait until it's 10 years old to replace it. I hate cars!

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--Yes, I love when I pamper myself, I like to do it quite often. I haven't had a mani/pedi since before winter. I'm going to start up with my regular mani/pedi's in a week or so. I try to go every three weeks once spring hits and I start to wear sandals. Since my toes don't show in the winter months I try to save some money! That's funny, me trying to save money! I was much more frugal in my younger years but now, it's all about me and I want to enjoy myself a little more.

Super Contributor

Happy Tuesday ...

I keep talking about the weather, but around here there's not much else. It's gotten much warm and rainy which is making the snow melt pretty quickly. The yard in the house across the street is awash with crocuses - yellow and purple, white snowdrops, a couple of patches of primroses, and something I can't identify. My garden is still covered with snow, but the head of my "garden angel" is visible. There is hope, and I'm clinging to it.

After reviewing my blood work, my doc has changed many of my meds which may help with a variety of "snarky" issues. Fingers crossed. Just as I have mine crossed for all of you.

Loves ... have been thinking about you and the passing of your young friend. There are no adequate words to say, except, I'm so sorry.

Mocha ... your ongoing encouragement and cheerful for all of us is such a gift.

Hayfield ... hope your upcoming "busy season" is fun and interesting. I always thought my dad would have loved working at Gettysburg, can't tell you the number of times we were there. Unfortunately, he passed way too young.

Helen ... I'm grateful for your generosity in making this very "special" space available to us, and so warmly welcoming all who "drop in" and for all of those who read but don't post.

Spammom ... trusting your return home has been easy. It's a "new normal" but at least it's"normal" and HOME.

KatCat ... Car challenges, especially when you're on you own can be daunting. Thankfully, I have a locally-owned tire store that watches out for a lot of things for me. They're more than fair, and as the owner said, I remind him of his older sister. That's a good thing!

Sending a "drive-by hi" to everyone I've missed. It's certainly not intentional.

Blessings, Martie

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on the loss of the dear little student. I used to think that when I told someone that I was sorry for their loss... they would just think "oh, yeah, sure..." but, even so, I told them. And how glad I am that I did... it really DOES help when people say that they are thinking about the loss and the family/friends.

So, fantsy, I am thinking of you for going through a challenging time with life and health.

And now I will sign off... its gray and cooler here today. BBL Sweet dreams everyone...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

loves, So sorry to hear about the loss of young friend. Rest in Peace, angel.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Good Evening....Just stopping by for a quick good night. Had a quiet day. I didn't even get dressed until about noon. My sister called late morning and we talked over an hour, so that didn't help (-; anyway, I guess we all have those days once in a while. Tomorrow is another day.... LOVES, we truly are thinking of you and so sorry for the tragic loss of your student. If it helps you get through the sadness even a little, we're glad. Sometimes just the simple things can make such a difference. FANCY, count me in also hoping everything you're dealing with is getting a little easier. We miss hearing from you but know when the time is right you'll be back with us here. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time. MARTIE, keeping my fingers crossed with you that the new meds help. Seeing the flowers popping up around you I'm sure is a day brightener; I agree, there's reason to be hopeful! HAYFIELD, I volunteer mainly Tuesday's, but can get called in to sub if needed at any time. It's a great "job"; I've met such nice people and always feel like I'm making a difference, no matter how small.

Good Night to All!

~H~