Super Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

Happy Monday everyone.

Well, the sun is out, the birds are singing and it's in the mid-60's. I ca live with that even if there's a bit of rain in the forecast. I have the windows open and am anticipating "waving a dust wand" around in a while.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

M

Esteemed Contributor

good Monday morning. it's another beautiful day here, a little coolish right now which is perfect for me. I just finished my morning walk, and plan to do another this afternoon.

nothing special happening here today. just another blessed day in the land of retirement.

I can't wait to hear about your first day home Spammom.

have a great day, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Feel so bad about Cindy. I don't often participate on the 60's thread, but I often came out here to read her recipes. I can imagine how hard this is going to be for her husband.

Honored Contributor

Good Evening! We're watching the basketball game...go Wisconsin! DS is here and we ordered pizza for dinner. We opened a bottle of wine; all in all its a pretty relaxing evening. I was hoping to see a message from SPAMMOM. I'm hoping her first day home was all she'd hoped it to be.

Our weather has cooled off a bit and we're supposed to get some rain midweek. I'm sure not as much as we need, but we'll take whatever we can get. I heard we'll be on a water rationing plan soon. So hard to believe how dry it is out here compared to all the snow and rain most of you had....go figure.

.Aunt G...we're all still reeling over the news about CINDY too. She was a daily part of our lives for a long time. Keeping her DH in my prayers.

. Waving hello to RetRN. HAYFIELD, MOCHAHONEY, FANCY, H2be, LOVES, KAT, MARTIE, SHORELADY and all the wonderful people who post on our thread. Blessings to all for a peaceful and restful night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! We had a nice Easter, we went to our neighbors/friends and had a lovely time, their new kitchen is just beautiful. Yesterday was pretty busy, the weather was so lovely and we also got to wear our new uniforms, we got new shirts and sweaters, which they provide for us but we wear our own Khaki pants/skirts. Our new sweaters have the new logo and they are a true Navy and our new shirts are a cotton twill, really like them. They offered 3/4 length sleeves, which I really like since I have short arms and all long sleeves are too long for me. I was exhasuted though but at least I don't work again until Thursday, so I can rest up and get ready to go again. I have an appointment this morning with my personal trainer, she really works me hard, I'm always exhausted after she works me out.

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--I am so sorry about the loss of your student from CF, such a difficult time for her parents, family & friends.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--DH & I didn't watch the basketball game, he ususally watches but I know he really dislikes Duke, don't know why except he usually roots for the underdog if his favorite team isn't playing. It really didn't matter to me as none of the colleges DH or the kids went to got into the tournment. One year, they were all in, go figure. Yes, I have been hearing about your drought, go figure? It's going to rain here today I think. I'm off today, so I don't pay too much to the weather when I'm not working or I'm not doing something outside that I would like nice weather. It is all about me!

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--It sounds like you had a nice Easter with DD and her husband. Helen47 is walking daily and now you, I really have to start walking too. I guess I can use the weather here as an excuse, it really hasn't been nice enough yet to take walks. Last evening would've been a nice night for a walk but I got out of work late, met DH at a restaurant for dinner and by the time we got home, I was too tired to do anything except put my jammies on! I think I'm going to keep coloring my hair for a long, long time. I'm not a fan of grey hair, I rarely see anyone who I think looks good with it. Once at work though, there was a woman who did have the most beautiful grey hair and I just had to tell her. It so pretty, the color, the texture was just perfect. You'll never believe what she told me after I complimented her, she said she had cancer and had chemo treatments, lost all of her hair and that's how it came back! She said her hair wasn't that nice before she had cancer. When my father had chemo treatments and lost his hair, it was straight before the chemo but came back curly after the chemo treatments.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 MartieHugs said:

Happy Monday everyone.

Well, the sun is out, the birds are singing and it's in the mid-60's. I ca live with that even if there's a bit of rain in the forecast. I have the windows open and am anticipating "waving a dust wand" around in a while.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

M

Martiehugs... A 60's day with sun sounds like a beautiful day to me! Hope you are enjoying it! I'll bet you can grow beautiful blooming flowers there!

Mochahoney... Thought about you having your DD & DSIL at your house for Easter... I know you all must have had a nice time. Thank you all for your positive thoughts for Katie and Cindy. Somehow these prayers and thoughts make all the difference-- you all have helped me : )

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies, Overcast day & rain is on the way! Yuk!

Spammom, There's no place like home, there's no place home! Good for you. I am sure being home will lift your spirits. Take care.

I am having fun with my car and had to schedule an appt. for my tire to be fixed and found out that they cannot fix my tire because where the screw is located. Luckily, my tires are fairly new so I only have to pay $31 for the tire which is normally $104. You received a discount according to the tread condition and I normally only drive locally. When I bought the tires, I selected a better tire with guaranteed 80,000 miles by Goodyear. Stopped in Walgreens today for 20% off for Sr. day. I really saved quite a bit as I had coupons too. Our whole building is getting the carpets cleaned in the hallways, stairs, community room. I believe it's done once or twice a year. Sometimes they clean the community room more often.

Nothing else exciting (if you call this excitement -- ha!). Washing clothes too and need to go back to the laundry room.

I hope you all had a Happy Easter.

kindness is strength