Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

Helen, here are the baby sproutlets. they're only a few days old. in about 2 weeks I'll separate them and transplant them into the raised bed. I got rosemary, basil , zucchini and radishes planted today, and a few more flowers in the side garden. I love seeing things grow.

photo a79e4e70-7946-4899-a006-f2a1e2487fe8.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

KAT, my sister just texted me she heard a noise in her car and took it to her mechanic to check....almost 1,000 dollars later, oh my! Front brakes, alternator, etc. Hers is an older Honda SUV with a lot of miles on it, but still! She said she probably should see about getting a new one, but I told her what LOVES DH said, compared to a monthly car payment...best to keep the "old" car! I do feel sorry for her. She's two years younger than me and her husband died several years ago. Now, she has to handle all these problems alone; it's hard.....MOCHAHONEY, love your little babies! I agree, it's magical watching them grow....LOVE gardening!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies. Rain but at least it was only in the morning where I live. Sun came out and it was a beautiful early cool spring day (jacket weather).

Helen, ava received her Easter gift early from the Easter Bunny. It's a wand with a little catnip butterfly & feathers. She loved it. She rolled around the floor with it and I will play with her tomorrow. This toy was named "feathers." Meow back at you, Max.

I watching a program on HBO about Scienintology (SP?) Quite interesting.

Did you ladies know that gray hair is the big "IN" color right now thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey" -- I had to laugh but young women are dying their hair gray.

Enjoy your evening and have a blessed Good Friday.

Mocha, I should probably get my tomato plants in mid april. Last year I purchased them late and had to wait to august to enjoy.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING and GOOD FRIDAY Everyone!

~H~
Super Contributor

Wishing all of you a happy, blessed holiday weekend.

Enjoy your friends, enjoy your families, and, if I can say this without sounding preachy, stop for a second to offer a prayer for those who have no one to pray for them.

Blessings, Martie

Esteemed Contributor

Helen, you are right about steps adding up. today is the first time I put Zippy on and left it on all day. I haven't done my walking yet today and I've already taken over 1800 steps and burned over 800 calories. and that's just doing housework. I've done more today than usual, getting ready for DD and SIL's visit. dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, changing sheets, etc. at least I won't have to feel guilty if I don't manage to get my walk in this evening.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter weekend and can spend time with someone who makes your heart happy. I am sending special prayers for hope, comfort, healing, love and peace for everyone.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

OK... so for some "light-heartedness"... DD went to help yesterday with the Easter Egg hunt at Lexi's daycare. She said that the moms of little boys (one was 3 -- an "older man" {#emotions_dlg.lol}) were coming up to DD and saying that their sons -- all they talked about was Lexi this and Lexi that when they got home in the afternoons... hmmm... makes me wonder about that girl! Is she flirtatious or thinking up ways for the bunch to get into stuff?

My lunch out yesterday was very nice... the food (Mexi) was SO GOOD! The company was just perfect! Three of the group are presently teaching... two of us are retired. It was such a treat to really be able to take our time and be able to hear and listen to each other. We caught up on everybody's families and did do some "shop-talk" too!

DH and I walked today! It's Good Friday, too! Happy Good Friday to everyone!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

This is about right... (a google image)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Dearest Friends, It is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that CINDY passed away today. Her DH emailed me that she died of heart failure. He said, "The love of my life is gone." Please remember him in your prayers.
Honored Contributor

Rest in peace dearest CINDY......

~H~