Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

lovestoteach--I haven't had a pretzel from Auntie Anne's in years, the main reason is I don't go to the mall that often and when I do, like last week DH & I had just gone out to dinner. So glad you're walking too. DH & I will start out after dinner walks as soon as it gets a little warmer. Even though I go to the gym, I do like to walk in the evening after dinner and before it gets dark.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Your time at the hospital must to be very rewarding. I want to start volunteering again, most likely once I turn 62 and I'll start to collect SS in 18 months. I want to start working less but I do want to do some volunteer work. When my children were in middle & high school I volunterred a lot in the school system.

Super Contributor

Happy Day! Love the new banner for April, Helen, and thanks all for the kind thoughts.

The good news is, it's not snowing! The better news is it's going to 60+ tomorrow. The not-so-good news is there's snow in the forecast for Easter. We've decided to just laugh!

Everyone, enjoy your day.

Blessings, Martie

Honored Contributor

Helen... thank you for starting the thread for April... what cheery blossoms greet us!

I have been collecting images from the childhood book of poetry that I cherished. possummink on the Sidewalk Cafe thread has found a copy of this book for me... I want to make sure that our grand children have the beauty of the pictures and poems to inspire them for their futures. Lexi is now sitting quietly (well... at least it LOOKED this way in the picture) and looking at the pictures... perhaps not chewing them instead!

I am thinking fondly of everyone.

Hayfield... I think I mentioned this, but the TV show honoring the 50th of "The Sound of Music" was awe-inspiring with Julie Andrews going back to the actual sites of filming of the movie! I wish I was there!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

happy Wednesday everyone. I missed my morning walk today because DH and I had an appointment at 10:00, so I didn't really have time to get it in before we had to get ready to leave. I'll walk this evening. it was hot today, so I'll wait until just before sunset when it cools off a little.

I went to J. Jill today to find something pretty to wear for church on Easter Sunday. our church is very casual, blue jeans are the norm. but I still wanted a pretty top to wear. the great news is I was able to buy a large instead of a 1x or XL. I got 2 tops ( and black & white gingham linen shirt and a solid white linen one) and a pretty, lightweight lavender sweater. it's supposed to be cooler Sunday, so I think the light sweater with the white linen shirt will be perfect. I tried on their linen pants. I guess I'm built oddly, because the regular petite pants were too long and the cropped pants were very poofy in the thighs, so I'll just wear the shirt and sweater with dark wash jeans.

I already have tiny little lettuce sproutlets ( I made that word up ) in the seedling pots. maybe in another couple of weeks they'll be ready to transfer to the raised garden.

is pollen bad where y'all are? it's terrible here and it's driving me nuts. itching throat, sneezing, runny nose. I think it also makes me feel tired and a little achy. I'll be glad when it moves out so I won't have to take an antihistamine every day.

Prince Daisy is standing on the pillow snorting at me, so I guess she needs to go outside.

have a great day, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

mocha... your new items sound very fun and nice! I love J Jill! You will look darling on Easter Sunday! Take care of Princess Daisy and the ""sproutlets!""

Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies, and Happy april! It was 72 degrees today & sunny. It was absolutely beautiful weather. Rain tomorrow & Friday.

Hayfield, I am off to the tire store tomorrow to see if they can fix my left rear tire that has a screw in it. You know that saying "when it rains, it pours."

Helen, My car has a little over 53,000 miles on it and I hope it lasts until I leave this earth. It's a Toyota Corolla. I am going to shop around for some better prices on some of the work that needs to be done. How can changing transmission oil cost $209 and brake fluid $160? I thought that was awfully high.

Played bingo today but no wins. Boo hoo. We play again the 1st Sat. of the month. I may bake something for everyone for Easter.

Enjoy your evening, ladies.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING!>

I've been up since around 6:00. DH left early for his weekly meeting, so thought I'd get up too. Max and I have already been out watering plants; its so beautiful out watching the sun rise.i think it's going to be a pretty not so hot day.

HAYFIELD, how nice you'll be off for Easter. When the time comes, I think you'll enjoy volunteering wherever you like. I have to admit, it was my DS who kept after me when we moved here to apply at the hospital. I'd gone other places too, our library, the school nearby. The hospital seemed so in need with different areas to choose, it was the best for me. I think I mentioned to you before, the King and I is one of my favorite musicals. To see it in New York sounds like a dream. I cant blame you for being excited; sounds like a perfect weekend with your friend.....

Loves, I read books with both my grandkids when they were little. We still talk about it and when we're together at times we'll quote from them. Especially with my grandson since he spent so much time with us. Going to Barnes and Noble is still a treat. The books are treasures for me; I'm so glad you were able to find a copy of the book you were looking for....LEXI is at the perfect age!

MOCHAHONEY, I never suffered from allergies until lately. Maybe I'm outside more working in my yard than before, I don't know. The watery eyes and sneezing is the worst, so I know what you mean. Your tops sound cute and perfect for Eadter. Wish we had a J JILL near us.....I'm trying to picture your little "Sproutlets" (-;

FANCY, I'm sending ((hugs)) out to you and will pray things get better soon. I am happy to hear you're taking good care of yourself. It's so hard sometimes to "accept the things we cannot change", even though we know we should. I look forward to hearing how you are doing whenever possible for you... Take good care.

KAT, 53,000 miles for a Toyota isn't a lot; I've heard they run forever. I hope yours will. Almost 400 dollars sounds like a lot in repairs to me too, but like we talked about nothing is cheap fixing cars. I hope you'll be able to finish what's needed at a reasonable price; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Max sends lots of Spring love to AVA...woof!

MARTIE, so good to hear you're in the 60's and no snow, well at least for a few days anyway. We all keep saying it, but Spring will be here to stay....soon?!

I'm getting my hair cut today and meeting my friend from the hospital for lunch. We may do a little shopping after, so should be a full day. I hope all our friends not feeling well or hurting in other ways will wake up feeling better and have a good day.....waving to ALL of you! BBL....

~H~
Honored Contributor

passing this thought along... DH's rationale for car repairs goes something like this: "Well, a new car payment would be ____________. So, these car repairs don't even equal one new car payment... let's keep the OLD CAR!" our laugh for today!

Honored Contributor

KatCat1, hopefully once you have the repairs done your car will not cause you anymore problems for a long time. Car repairs are so costly and such an inconvenience, but we need our car.