Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~~~~Come Join Us For April!

loves, I used to carry large bags when I was working. I don't really know why, because I also carried a canvas tote bag to carry my lunch and other miscellaneous things I thought I needed to haul to work every day. gradually I started buying smaller bags. the speedy 25 is the perfect size for me now, just right for everything you just mentioned. I have never bought a LV retail. there are a few eBay sellers who belong to a group called "my poupette" and I have only bought from someone in this group. they sell only authentic bags, and some also will do authentication if you are considering a purchase from another seller and aren't sure about it. there's also an authentication service done by Carol Ives, and I've used her service several times before I've bought on eBay.

I used to do "justified shopping" too. I don't do that anymore because since I retired I've become much more stingy with my "play money".

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! Well, it was so busy on Thursday that so far it was the busiest day the year, over 8,000 visitors! Palm Sunday & Free Day in February are usually busier. All the guest want to know why it's so busy and we tell them, it's our busy student season, spring break and cherry blossom time, so you've all been warned, don't come in the spring! I'm really looking forward to today, we're going Barrel Tasting!!!! Yeah! I've been waiting for this day for two months, we made reservations. Anyway, we're going to the vineyard where we're wine club members, we get to go down to the barrel room where all the wine is made and we get to taste it right from the barrel before it's actually ready to be bottled. They even give you food pairings with the wine. We'll have to opportunity to purchase the wine at a discounted price and pick it up later, when it's bottled, it's called buying futures. The theory is if you like it before it's ready to be bottled, it should be even better in a couple of months. We get to meet interesting people while we're doing this and learn so much!

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--No, we can't wear sandals when we're working and you really wouldn't want to. I just bought two pair of Sperry's yesterday at Macy's, they were having a sale and I had a coupon. I got a pair of navy sneakers and a pair of honey colored loafter type shoes. Since we wear khaki pants/skirts and Navy sweaters, I try to keep the shoes coordinated with navy and tan/khaki colors. We also have white shirts, polo, 3/4 length sleeves and long sleeve cotton twill shirts. They provide the sweaters and shirts, we provide our own pants/skirts and shoes. Since I'm on my feet all day, I need, good supportive shoes. I always buy at least two new pair of shoes every season and I switch them around a lot since I do wear shoes out pretty fast. The Sperry's I got were, for the two pair, originally $150 but I only spent about $89, so $45 for each pair wasn't too bad.

Respected Contributor

Helen47--That's nice that you a a regular day that you work and available for some extra time if needed. I'm trying to think of something that I want to volunteer at when I'm done working at Mount Vernon. There's a Ronald McDonald House nearby in Fairfax and I've been thinking about maybe looking into that. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be working, I'm on my feet a lot and I need to be careful. I've managed to keep the arthritis in my left knee under control but you never know.

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--I totally understand your being upset about your student. She was way to young and had so much more to give. Even though it was expected it's still a hard and tragic loss.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday! Love, Max......

photo CC9DD20A-0943-4382-A407-0B62E30E5816_zpsiwppswya.jpg
~H~
Honored Contributor

Have a lovely day!

Love you, Max! You are such a handsome fella and I want a big kiss!

Mocha... "justification shopping, for me, needs to stop, too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Sharing some favs:

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good Morning! LOVES, beautiful photos! This isn't actually Max; its from a site I visit. It was so cute and it looks just like him. Hope you have a "happy" day....it's beautiful here in San Diego. Hope everyone woke up to the same. BBL!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Max, you are one handsome doggie and I know he is gentle & friendly. Really a beautiful dog. If I purchase a phone I need to get one so I can take pictures. I am so out of touch with certain electronic technologies, Helen. Next Wed. is payday and I will look into a phone.

I did a little damage this past week with few purchases. Shoes from Clarks marked down to $41 & change on easy pay for the spring summer months. They are backless but have a strappy leather front, enclosed toe in a dull yellow color. Then I bought a white spring/summer jacket, a yellow knit terry top from D&Co. and a navy blue & white stripe top with sleeves just above the elbow. Hopefully, everything will work out for me. a few of the items were on sale so that helps & so does easy pay. I have to admit, easy pay helps a great deal.

What a beautiful day today. Sunny, in the mid to high 60's and I am loving this weather. Windows open, no air conditioning.

I hope everyone is feeling good or on the road to recovery. Enjoy your weekend!

kindness is strength