Honored Contributor

Re: 60 and getting married in May

Congrats to you. A former coworker of mine was from Selden, NY too.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulation.

I would not tan for the event. If you are not happy with how you do your own make-up try a pro. Air-brushing when done properly will make you skin look flawless.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I've had experience with air brushing. It does seem to settle a bit but not as much as some would have you believe. A light tan will look nice especially, with an ivory dress. If I were you...I would do a trial run with the tanning now and see how it goes. Then you won't be in for any surprises the week of your wedding! Just tell the tech to go light in your eye area....not a different shade, but light handed. When my son got married almost 2 yrs ago...I wore a foundation I had the make up artist apply for me. I am a cry baby plus I have MS which makes you a human furnace. I found one called "cover-proof" by W-2 labs. With make up first be sure to get waterproof NOT water resistant! Very big difference. There are so many out there. The goals is toget make up that will stay on but not make you look like your using pancake make up! Good long wearing lip colour is important too. I trick to do is get a lip liner, apply it as the border, and then color in onto your lips. Choose whatever colour you like matching the liner to the lipstick, and then a little bit of gloss and reapply after all those kisses! Regarding your hair. You said, shoulder length and you don't want it up. I wear sort of a modern bob with wispy bangs. I'm 55 with a squarish face and it softens things. What I plan on doing for the next wedding in our family (our daughters, in late September) is to wear an embellished headband to compliment my dress and other jewellery. I'm then asking the hair stylist to do beachy ringlet-waves, I have a bit of a wave I'm always fighting. I usually pull my bangs to the right side of my face to cover a bone deformity in my forehead from a TBI a few years ago. But, doing that with the bangs is an updated way of having them. Hope your day is amazing!
Super Contributor

Congratulations!!!

I am 60, and have finally learned that at this age, "less is more". Just aim to softly enhance your natural features and style. I agree with the poster suggesting you wear your hair "half up" with a gorgeous hair clip. Remember, hair hanging DOWN only drags our features DOWN. I was just looking online at Nordstroms last week for a friend and they have some beautiful hair accessories you could use. I would keep jewelry at a minimum and think pearls.

Wow -- you are beginning a wonderful new chapter in your life. Don't sweat the small stuff like the wedding! Best of luck to you and your new spouse!

Honored Contributor

Go now for a pro makeup session, whether it's airbrushing or not.

Also, I can understand you not liking your hair up, but maybe a stylist could still pull it back in some areas, just so it doesn't look like an everyday style.

It is your wedding and no matter how small, you want to look your best for.....Johnny?

Congratulations!

Valued Contributor

I would be careful about the tanning -- as it often can make a person look older and be so fake looking. I think the airbrushing suggestion is good -- just do a trial run!! You have the time to experiment with your make-up so that there will be need for last minute changes and/or risks! That way you will be more relaxed!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Wish you and your guy years of happiness together. Relax - be yourself - and enjoy every second of your big day!!!!

Honored Contributor

First, congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Like others have said, now is the time to do some testing on what looks best. I hope you do find a hairstyle that is special and age appropriate.

Respected Contributor

Whatever you decide to do just be comfortable and be yourself, so your new DH will recognize you coming down the aisle.

Best wishes to you for a happy marriage.

Super Contributor

Best wishes..........
Esteemed Contributor

Blessings! Enjoy much happiness with your new life partner. May you have a beautiful May wedding day.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau