Super Contributor

Re: 60 and getting married in May

How nice, congratulations! I would call several salons or spas near me and see if they have a makeup artist on staff that can do your makeup. If you live in a large city vs a small town you have more choices. You can get advice on hair styles too.

I think if you are having airbrushing done, make sure that you like the look before the big day. As others have suggested, go for a "trial run" application, a few weeks before the actual day of the wedding, so you can see how it will look and wear through the day with similar weather, etc. Be careful who is doing your airbrushing. It can look splotchy if someone is not very skilled at applying it.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations and best wishes to you, yay!

I agree with "test driving" various hair and makeup looks to try out what you want before the big day. Experiment and have fun.

I am so excited for you. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I agree with all of the previous posts about testing it out before hand.

Congratulations to you and your husband to be! Smiley Happy I wish you both all of the happiness!

Respected Contributor

I am going to go against the grain here and suggest that a "light spray tan" will do wonders for your legs and arms. IMHO it will even out your skin and make your dress be the focal point, not your "white winter" legs. You don't have to spray tan you face, let make-up do that. Again, best wishes for the wedding and your DH to-be. You will look fabulous.

Super Contributor

I think the best advice I've ever heard regarding a bride on her wedding day is look like yourself! If you're pale, be pale. If you usually wear your hair down in a long bob or a flip, wear it like that for the wedding. You'll be more comfortable and it will show in your photos. And God bless you and your fiance.

Frequent Contributor

Whatever you choose and however you choose to make yourself up, I'm sure you'll look beautiful and radiant. I just have to say, reading the title of this thread made me smile :-)

congratulations and the best of wishes to you and your sweetheart!

Respected Contributor

How wonderful! Congratulations

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Best, BEST Wishes and Blessings! Tho ONLY thing that could POSSIBLY spoil your look is worrying about it. You and your fiancee found each other for LOVE, not for looks! Follow your instincts and your comfort level, and all will be beautiful and well!
Valued Contributor

God Bless you and your husband...I am sure with all this great advice you will look beautiful!!

Trusted Contributor

Blessings and best wishes to you and your fiance.

You have plenty of time to try hairdos, makeup, etc. before the wedding. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about tanning vs. airbrushing. Maybe you can get a little sun now and see if you're happy with a little color in your skin. You probably don't want a deep tan, but I personally would tend towards a naturally "sunkissed" look. Your dress sounds lovely, and I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride. All happiness to you.