Trusted Contributor

Re: 6 MORE PERFUMES FROM PHILOSOPHY-REALLY???? WHY?

They have to create scents to go with the cutsie little names they think of.

If they smell like all of the others they have made to date. I certainly won't be buying any. I think they all smell badly, and I can't understand why so many people think they smell good, unless they have never been involved in trying a larger variety of fraagrances from around the world.

Valued Contributor

love the idea of mixing these fragrances. these might be the first philosophy fragrances that i actually like. i'm going to order the set of 6 mini's. 

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Contributor

I agree with you. I no longer purchase those fragrances either. No amount of layering makes any difference. I wish Philosophy would listen and bring back the quality of these products.

Respected Contributor

I think it is smart to develop new products, especially fragrance. What scents people like varies a lot and those who do not like the current scents may enjoy the new. 

Trusted Contributor

People might fall in love with them and Philosophy will just discontinue them. The have done that before. The only Phil fragrances I use are AG and PG. 

Respected Contributor

I thought it was a cute idea, but I almost always layer a couple of different fragrances. Very "Jo Malone", but I don't really care for their scents.

I like  Philosophy Amazing Grace & Falling In Love. Clean & fresh & not too perfumey for me, but maybe that's just because I haven't traveled the world sniffing all of the exotic fragrances (which to me mostly just sound like a lot of headaches!).

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am never impressed with the current offerings by all the major brands. All smell alike as if they are all made in the same place. I really like those perfume companies that try something new. Marketing just doesn't do it for me. All the Chanel and Dior marketing just makes me think "WHY?"  So to me this new thing is great for Philosophy especially if they are edps and are affordable. That is what makes me say "I think I will try that" as I will probably never spend toooo much on fragrance. I absolutely love fragrance too! But I am not living in la la land and even try to over spend on one fragrance. They all have synthetics in them now anyways.  So, Philosophy's new turn is actually a good one.

EDP + Afforability + well blending = me buying. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I've purchased two Philosophy fragrances in the past and neither was detectable on my body after 5 minutes.  Honestly, a big disappointment and waste of my money.

Honored Contributor

I found it strange too. I don't care for the bottles either. It does look like Bath and Body Works.

Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

seems tacky; Philosophy losing it's way. competing with Bath & Body works???

Great observation!  

Where are the candles though?  LOL!