Honored Contributor

$59 DOLLAR TICKET FOR FREE MERCHANDISE?

[ Edited ]

Reading the info on BEAUTY BASH, you'd be receiving free merchandise provided by the vendors. So, why do you pay $59 for it? I think the $59 goes drectly into Q's pocket since they don't pay for the merchandise. Can you spell "SHADY".

***Tax info from DH on other thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $59 DOLLAR TICKET FOR FREE MERCHANDISE?

So the free merchandise really isn't free since you pay the $59. It's just called that for marketing purposes. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

So the free merchandise really isn't free since you pay the $59. It's just called that for marketing purposes. 

@teganslaw   I see no difference in having to purchase $59 perfume form Estee Lauder, for example, to receive a promotional GWP. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw   I see no difference in having to purchase $59 perfume form Estee Lauder, for example, to receive a promotional GWP. 

@teganslaw   Remember the EL huge beauty gift in the red bag that was a TSV recently? In a dept. store, why is it usually given or purchased for a fraction of what the items cost...so you'll like even one item included and purchase it at the usual's retail price.

Honored Contributor

Sounds perfectly fair to me.   Both the vendors and QVC have costs -  if for nothing else for staff, the merchandise, transportation, and warehouse space.    

Maybe it's that word "free" that bothers would be purchasers.  Perhaps "only $59" would attract some purchasers and keep greedy freeloaders away?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, can I spend the ticket price and have the free merch sent to me?

Honored Contributor

In the past, QVC used to have an in person Beauty Bash and you had to buy a ticket for the event.  When you attended the event, you received goodies from the vendors worth several hundred dollars.

QVC isn't doing the in person event but they are still selling tickets for this on air event and again, you get $500.00 worth of free goodies from the vendors.

I don't know how else Q could do such an event.  No way could they just send out these free swag bags to everyone who wanted one.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

In the past, QVC used to have an in person Beauty Bash and you had to buy a ticket for the event.  When you attended the event, you received goodies from the vendors worth several hundred dollars.

QVC isn't doing the in person event but they are still selling tickets for this on air event and again, you get $500.00 worth of free goodies from the vendors.

I don't know how else Q could do such an event.  No way could they just send out these free swag bags to everyone who wanted one.     

@Lipstickdiva   Think it says "limited number" of bags. The entire "event" has unclear info.

Honored Contributor

There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Sounds perfectly fair to me.   Both the vendors and QVC have costs -  if for nothing else for staff, the merchandise, transportation, and warehouse space.    

Maybe it's that word "free" that bothers would be purchasers.  Perhaps "only $59" would attract some purchasers and keep greedy freeloaders away?   

The past Beauty Bash events required a purchased ticket. Why wouldn't this one?

I do think someone is 'confused' and trying to stir the pot.

Virtual meetings, sessions, events can be highly effective and purposeful. Why has it been decided that a virtual beauty event can't be successful? It's odd...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri