Super Contributor

Re: 50....need makeup help!!

Welcome to the beauty board. I hope you have been reading the board for a while, because then you won't be surprised when for no reason you will be made to feel unwelcomed. You will find most of the people on here a very friendly and helpful. Then there are those few that like to stir things up, best just to ignore. In fact, if you see posters you don't care for there is an ignore button below their name in the left column. I have been reading the forum for years and never posted. I finally joined a couple of year ago. Again, welcome.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Kind1too said:
On 4/2/2014 Feline Fine said:

A "please" and a "thank you" would be way more mannerly and courteous, QBoards Newbie. Your title and original post doesn't sound appreciative of the other posters' time and effort, nor is it the best (almost) first impression to make.

If you please, do you think this is a very friendly welcome?

Thank you.

Friendly, schmiendly, I don't even understand her post. I can't find anything in the OP's post that is less than mannerly or courteous or appreciative.

And insisting on a "please" and "thank you" makes this place sound as if we're reprimanding schoolchildren.

Very strange post. I liked your response. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Katluvr58 said:

A "please" and a "thank you" would be way more mannerly and courteous, QBoards Newbie. Your title and original post doesn't sound appreciative of the other posters' time and effort, nor is it the best (almost) first impression to make.

No offence, but isn't this above what you wrote????. *Be Cool*Be Kind*Don't Judge* She is new, be nice.

"Newness" has absolutely nothing to do with simple, basic manners, KL. Especially when you ask for a favor and/or have a request, or even just intimate that you need help with something.

I guess I think that most people just know that.

I've seen (and see) so many threads in the forums and sub-forums with this same issue, and think it's way nicer, and expresses gratitude for others' time and effort in replying to your situation, if you word things differently.

And no offense taken, kitty babe. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Sassykitty, welcome to the Beauty Board. Love your name...........mainly because I have a sassy kitty who owns me - Simon!

Your opening post is fine. Please don't be offended by negative people. Best to use the Ignore feature.

I wish I could help you with a suggestion about MU. I have that same redness around my eyes and they tear up constantly. I have so many beautiful eyeshadows that I haven't been able to use.

I'm 63 and just bought some new MU to try - going for the less is more look: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. For my eyes I bought IT Cosmetics Eye Brightener - concealer on one end and highlighter on the opposite.

Congratulations on taking such fine care of your skin!!!

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Sassykitty, welcome to the Beauty Board. Love your name...........mainly because I have a sassy kitty who owns me - Simon!

Your opening post is fine. Please don't be offended by negative people. Best to use the Ignore feature.

I wish I could help you with a suggestion about MU. I have that same redness around my eyes and they tear up constantly. I have so many beautiful eyeshadows that I haven't been able to use.

I'm 63 and just bought some new MU to try - going for the less is more look: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. For my eyes I bought IT Cosmetics Eye Brightener - concealer on one end and highlighter on the opposite.

Congratulations on taking such fine care of your skin!!!

Hi, you just reminded me that I forgot something. I get watery eyes when spring comes around or the house is too dry. My doc told me to use Claritin or Allegra.

Contributor

SassyKitty, I, too, turned 50 last year, and am in peri menopause, I guess. When my skin is dry and acting up, I find that coconut oil before my moisturizer helps. I started using heavy night creams for day and sunscreen. The cream seals in the oil. Also using a wet blender sponge. This is better than a brush as the brush seem to bring make my face flake on very dry days. I use the pointed end of the sponge for concealer around the eye. Concealer I use is either Rimmel or Tarte bb concealer. Make up is Rimmel or Tarte Amazonian clay.. I then set with either Elf powder, lightly, or Make up forever setting spray, again depending on how dry my face is.
Regular Contributor

Thank you.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Welcome to the beauty board. I hope you have been reading the board for a while, because then you won't be surprised when for no reason you will be made to feel unwelcomed. You will find most of the people on here a very friendly and helpful. Then there are those few that like to stir things up, best just to ignore. In fact, if you see posters you don't care for there is an ignore button below their name in the left column. I have been reading the forum for years and never posted. I finally joined a couple of year ago. Again, welcome.

Very well put! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Peetie57 said:

Thank you.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Why are making such a big deal over this? I see many threads started and there is no please or thank you! And YOU aren't following your signature line yourself.

I find it more upsetting when an OP never comes back to a thread started by said OP to thank us for suggestions or help. Sassykitty won't want to come back here due to YOU.