Honored Contributor

Re: 5 things Derm Doctors will never put on their face.

I hadn't read you were not well, @Irshgrl31201 but glad to hear it sounds like nothing too serious and that you get back to good health soon!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ASLTW

Thank you for posting about Dr. Dray's YouTube videos. I have now watched a few of her videos and have found them to be informative! I was surprised, however, to hear that she doesn't think there's any real benefit to using vitamin C serum. I'm pretty sure it's made a difference in my skin and I've read about others who have also seen results so, could we all just be seeing things? She does advocate using retinoids/retinol as well as BHA's so I'm not sure why she doesn't appear to think vitamin C applied topically is of any use.

That surprised me, too. Not only that, but I thought she said that there were no studies or benefits about the effects of topical antioxidants.

My take-away is that it is just one person's opinion, and though I am a lay person, my personal experience tells me that I respectfully disagree with her.

I did not watch the videos but if it is true she stated that there are no benefits or studies showing topical antioxidants do anything for the skin, she is VERY out of touch. Anyone can find many, many scientific, peer reviewed journal articles regarding studies that show certain antioxidants do indeed have benefits. Often times, these benefits may not necessarily be "seen" by the user but they indeed help the skin at a cellular level.  An example of this is vitamin C helping fight free radicals caused by sun exposure which helps fight off sun damage to the the skin or vitamin A (found in a variety of oils like RHSO or retinoids) an Vitamin C in helping the skin produce collagen which, in turns, helps to prevent sagging and loss of elasticity in the skin.  There are an overwhelming amount of studies showing the benefits of topical antioxidants such as this. 

I would agree.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @HappyDaze. I just had a CT scan after a URI that wasn't going away and turned into pneumonia and they found 6 spots they thought looked suspicious on my lungs so my dr ordered a bone scan which apparently lights up when cancer or infections are found. It didn't show anything bad and they believe it is just calcium nodules so I am relieved.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Thank you @HappyDaze. I just had a CT scan after a URI that wasn't going away and turned into pneumonia and they found 6 spots they thought looked suspicious on my lungs so my dr ordered a bone scan which apparently lights up when cancer or infections are found. It didn't show anything bad and they believe it is just calcium nodules so I am relieved.

oh I'm so relieved to hear that (as I KNOW you are too!) @Irshgrl31201! Sending positive thoughts and healthy vibes your way! Take care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

oh I'm so relieved to hear that (as I KNOW you are too!) @Irshgrl31201! Sending positive thoughts and healthy vibes your way! Take care. 

Thank you so much @HappyDaze, I really appreciate it!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

glad to learn everything is fine !!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

glad to learn everything is fine !!!!

Thank you so much @winamac1!

JFK