Honored Contributor

Re: 5 Unstylish Haircuts........according to Yahoo

What looks bad to me is old women with young chick hair--Cher is an example.  

Mutton dressed as lamb is still mutton and you can always tell the difference.

Trusted Contributor

I don't listen to any article.  I think a woman should do what makes her happy.  regarding hair styles...clothing styles...whatever.  Whatever age.  I'm 54.  A good part of the time I only go out with only sunscreen.  And I know my daughters would never wear what I wear but I wouldn't wear what they wear...and I have seen articles on what a woman my age should wear and hair styles for my age.....and most of the time...NO. 

So I do what makes me happy and I feel comfortable.

Respected Contributor

Wonder what is the age of the person who wrote this article?   I guess this might matter if your goal is to be "in style" and to avoid looking your age.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I was already over 40 when some hot shot stylist in NYC was quoted as saying he didn't want customers over 40 because they no longer had hair worth his talents!

Good thing my male stylist at the time just laughed,  He did great work on my "old" hair for many more years.

Respected Contributor

Yahoo = Clickbait

Surprised they did not mention "side swept bangs" are "So 2011"

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems like the article writer has a dislike of bangs. All of the styles are shown on younger women so how are they aging?  None of the styles bother me for any age. If they suit the person, wear them. 

Respected Contributor

I could care less about what anyone else thinks about a hairstyle.  Just another way to say something mean spirited.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal My momma always said to wear your hair to suit yourself, she was a wise woman in her old age!   I still live by this philosophy and it has served me well.

Esteemed Contributor

One hair do that I think is dated is the old 1960's  where they applied a  very curly perm  and had that   bluish hair color rinse to get the yellow out of gray hair .

I remember sitting in the salon waiting on my GrandMother who had her  very thin hair  permed  and seeing atleast 5 other women getting their hair done the exact same way .

Esteemed Contributor

I like Taylor Swift's "Mom Bob", but not the others.