Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@granny me wrote:

Seriously, this poor horse has been beat to death. If you don't want to buy the thing then don't, but all these threads about a 400.00 dryer have gotten a tone of rudeness to them. I could say so much about a lot of things that people buy on here that may not be 400.00 but I still find them a waste of money.

Did I buy the dryer? Yes, two to be exact, one for me and one for my daughter. Yes, I do find them worth it. Yes, I have Dyson vacuum and fans. Yes, they are expensive, but I believe you get what you pay at times and to me this is one of those times.

So use your Conair or something similar you bought for 10.00 and have had for 20 years and be happy.

Granny,  brilliantly said.  My hairdresser uses one and it amazing.  I am hoping that QVC brings us one as a TSV.  Do you find it smooths your hair better and dries it quicker?  Does the power box bother you at all when you are drying your hair? Thanks!

Gee, guess I don't read the comments enough. I'll say it again, $400 for a fair dryer????

My opinion and that's what these boards are for. Honestly! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

yawn

I can't even count how many threads of this topic I've seen. 

So don't buy it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@granny me wrote:

Seriously, this poor horse has been beat to death. If you don't want to buy the thing then don't, but all these threads about a 400.00 dryer have gotten a tone of rudeness to them. I could say so much about a lot of things that people buy on here that may not be 400.00 but I still find them a waste of money.

Did I buy the dryer? Yes, two to be exact, one for me and one for my daughter. Yes, I do find them worth it. Yes, I have Dyson vacuum and fans. Yes, they are expensive, but I believe you get what you pay at times and to me this is one of those times.

So use your Conair or something similar you bought for 10.00 and have had for 20 years and be happy.

Granny,  brilliantly said.  My hairdresser uses one and it amazing.  I am hoping that QVC brings us one as a TSV.  Do you find it smooths your hair better and dries it quicker?  Does the power box bother you at all when you are drying your hair? Thanks!

No, the cord is no bother. Another reason I bought this, I have hand use issues from spinal cancer that affected my right hand, so this is easy to hold and the fact it is quicker I can blow my hair without my hand going numb. Buy it on easy pay, if you don't like it your out one payment and can send it back.

This--the faster drying and having physical problems that make extended gripping and raising of arms difficult--is what is making me think about this. Also the fact that there are a number of hair products that sound terrific but are heat-activated, so you can't just drip-dry if you want them to work. You need to either blow dry with heat or use a heated brush or similar device, and then you're back to a lot of gripping and raised arms.

The price is high, and I'd love to see this at, say, $125 less and on 6 easy pays. Even then it would be a tough decision, but much more appealing.

Honored Contributor

I watched that demo with the hairdresser and the model with the fine hair and yes she dryed the hair quickly. To my eyes her hair didn't look that great after the blow dry. The other models were blown out earlier and their hair was quite a bit thicker and although the hair looked great I don't remember them saying how long it to dry the hair. I would never spend 400 dollars for a dyson hair dryer, but if you think it's worth it and you have the money, go for it.

Super Contributor

Best dang hair dryer in the world! Dries my hair fast and for the first time I don't have to use a curling iron or straightener to smooth my hair. Less hair on the bathroom floor and that's the reason I bought it. Thinning hair scared me. This seems to help.

Ultra is offerering a credit card with 20% off of anything you purchase on their card. I was told by the SA that this dryer was included in that offer. That's an $80.00 savings.

Honored Contributor

We all have different priorities.  Someone might say some of your are overly extravagant or foolish. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I paid well over $200 for my featherweight when it first came out.  (I really don't remember when...15 yrs ago?)  It still works great and is much better for my hair than my cheaper earlier blow dryers.  when it gives way I'm going to purchase the dyson.  Pricey?  No doubt, but if it is as good as their other products it's worth it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $400 for a hair dryer?

[ Edited ]

If some ladies want to spend $400 for a hair dryer, then go for it.  Everyone has different priorities.  Mine isn't a hair dryer.  I don't understand why it's $400.  At $100... maybe?   Why the exorbitant price?  Are the insides solid gold?  (and yes, my very old Sunbeam travel dryer works just fine for me)

I have a Dyson vacuum and hate it.  I'll never buy another Dyson product as long as I live.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt