Honored Contributor

Re: $400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

For me to spend $400 on a hair dryer, it would have to come with a stylist who would do my hair for me!

Respected Contributor

You can apply that question to thousands of purchases

$60 for face cream? Seriously?

$180 for a pair of jeans? Seriously?

$200 for a pair of shoes? Seriously ?

$50k for a car? Seriously?

$250k for a college education? Seriously?

see what I mean 

Super Contributor

My mother and I went in together on the Dyson hair dryer for my adult daughter's birthday in December.  She LOVES it.  Her hair feels healthier, doesn't get caught up in the dryer and it cut her dry time by 20 minutes.

Yes, definitely pricey but what a WOW gift that gets used almost every day.  It comes nicely packaged and her reaction when she opened it was so worth it!

Contributor

Ridiculous pricing.  I'll keep using my $30 one, even if it takes a few more minutes to dry my hair. 

Q is showing too many Dyson tsv's...in my opinion.

Super Contributor

Just curious to how many TSVs have been sold???  I admit to throwing $$ away on skin care products, but I do have to admit the $399.00 price tag on a hair dryer seems crazy to me since I still have 2 hair dryers from the early 80s that were both under $20 and work great ( I will add I am NOT a daily hair dryer user.).

TIA,

asltw 

Honored Contributor

@hopi I didn't want to love it, because of the price. But I finally broke down and bought one thinking I'd try it and get it out of my system because I did covet it for a good six months before getting it. In the end, for me it really did change my life because I no longer had to plan my wash day around the weather or my plans because it took 8 stinkin hours to air dry.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

You can apply that question to thousands of purchases

$60 for face cream? Seriously?

$180 for a pair of jeans? Seriously?

$200 for a pair of shoes? Seriously ?

$50k for a car? Seriously?

$250k for a college education? Seriously?

see what I mean 

@scatcat  Yes, you can apply that question to all of those purchases.  So, no, I'm not sure what you mean, unless you feel it's unfair that hairdryers have been singled out.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Did you hear that one caller say she used to sit in front of the dyson fan/heater to dry her hair!  I might spend that much if I had long thick hair like I used to many moons ago.  I used to burn out the "hot combs" (dating myself) because I had to run it so long to dry my hair.  So I can understand why someone might purchase it.

But seriously, that caller justified it by saying she just put her husband in a nursing home so now if she purchased this hairdryer she could get out the door faster to go visit him.  She didn't have to justify it to anyone.  But I just can't believe she said that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u

I have a Dyson Vacuum as well. It broke back over the summer and luckily it was still under warranty. I had to take it to the UPS store where it was boxed, picked up and returned to me at no charge. The warranty expires I believe this month. Like you when I purchased an appliance @500.00 I expected it to last at least 10 years. If it breaks again since the warranty would have expired. I will not sink anymore money into it.  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

To those who want to pay that amount for a hair dryer enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I guess it's a matter of individual priorities, but yea, I know... nothing could justify that price for a hair dryer in my book...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...