Frequent Contributor

Re: $400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

[ Edited ]

Delish,

my opinion is based on spending $400 for a hairdryer which is the question posed in the original post.   The price of an item is very important and often determines whether I can buy it or not.  Also, you are assuming that I haven’t ever used one,  you are wrong on that premise as well.  My niece is a hairstylist and she was given one to try.  She let me use it.i found it clunky, a little too heavy and my long hair got tangled easily.  Even if I could afford it, I wouldn’t buy one.   If you like it, that’s way cool and all that matters in the end. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received mine last week (after going back and forth on ordering it) and I've already used it twice.  Even after 2 uses I'm really impressed. It normally takes about 40 minutes to blowdry my hair, it took 15 minutes with the diffuser and 20 minutes to do a blowout. This was on low heat and medium airflow. The high heat is truly HOT. It weighs barely anything, very light and not cumbersome. When you turn the power on it it takes off like a mini jet "engine" it is a very powerful dryer.  Sound is low pitch, easier on the ears. The one thing I'm getting use to, since its so light you don't hold it like a normal drier. Holding it by the handle for me wasn't as comfortable as holding it near the barrel, which itself doesn't get hot. Very impressed with it and glad I purchased it. 

Regular Contributor

I know right? Who can afford to spend $400 for a hairdryer. Somebody must be buying