Honored Contributor

Re: $400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

@SilleeMeeI spend money on all sorts of things that might appall someone else, but the Dyson dryer just doesn't make the cut.  I have hair like you.  In fact, I just washed it and let it almost dry before picking up my cheapy, old dryer which I used as my hairdresser does ---  using my fingers to style until the very last swishes through my hair with my round brush which is also nothing expensive. 

Esteemed Contributor

If they can get it.. they will sell it.  In my case I don't even use a hair dryer.  I wash and go.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I'd be willing to bet that a haircut is not an option, although people with short hair use dryers too.

I have a not-so-well-made car that is going strong after 14 years.

@Kachina624

Of course it's an option.   Personal grooming and maintenance are often modified according to one's needs.  If a woman's hair is so darn unwieldly that it takes forever to dry and style, change it.  No one is holding a gun to her head, forcing her to keep it too long.  JMO. 

And that's a personal decision that person is making, just like it's a personal decision for you to buy or not buy this dryer.  No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it so what difference does it make to you?

Honored Contributor

The prices for the hair dryer and the fan make me seriously question the value of the vacuum cleaner.  I'm now assuming that's overpriced, too. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I also don't know why some are in such an uproar over QVC selling a super high priced hair dryer.  As with anything, some will love it and some will hate it.  People spend money on things that I'd never spend money on.  I spend money on items others would never spend money on.

I'd personally not want a 7000 square foot house like my friend has, and she couldn't care less about purchasing the items I do--Sorel boots, UGGS, Frye, Lululemon etc.  She purchases her clothing at Sams Club and Costco but lives in a 1.3 million dolllar home.  She thinks I'm nuts to spend $100 on a pair of pants at lllemon, and she'd never do that.

If I had children, I'd make them go to a good in-state school and not pay out of state tuition.  Friends of mine send their kids to out of state schools for over 50K a year and wouldn't spend more than $50 on a hair dryer.  

It's all about priorities in one's life--along with wants.

So, I'd spend $400 on a hairdryer if I really wanted to.  I considered this hair dryer, but i'm waiting to see if the Sephora VIB fall sale will allow me to use the coupon on it.  I don't care so much about the drying time.  I want to see if it helps with frizz.  If it doesn't, I'll return it. 

@winamac1 I agree  It's all relative I guess.  My co worker thinks I'm nuts for spending 400 a pop on my dooney bags.  If I was retired that's one thing.  I work and why shouldn't I spend that much on handbags.  Some people are nuts about shoes, I'm nuts about handbags, big deal, lol

Good morning Bling.  Yes, ITA--it's all relative--and it's all of what's important to each and every one of us.  Yes, my friend also thought I had lost my mind when I bought my Louis Vuittons, lol. 

Have a GREAT weekend Smiley Happy

The really ironic thing we are commenting on a SHOPPING site about a product being too expensive. Yet, people are still being arrogant about their "cheap" hairdryers and not being the flower who buys the $400 dryer . Its pretty judgmental for a shopping site to say your choice is better than the purchaser. 

Respected Contributor

I have to admit I've been tempted. I also have ultra thick, curly hair. I have a nice Solano drier but it still takes me a good 40 minutes to dry my hair with a diffuser. My hair is medium length and no, I'm not cutting it short! Man Tongue

I will wait to see if a Sephora or ULTA 20% off coupon will work and consider it. I choose my luxury purchases wisely. I bought a good car that is going strong at almost 9 years old. I bought a Rainbow vacuum nearly 15 years ago that will probably .last my lifetime. If this drier performs as advertised, it would be worth it. If not, i would return it. 

Contributor

I don't want to cut my hair short. Sorry, but that's an ignorant statement. So for $400 over the last year I take up 7-10 minutes of my time to have dry, great-looking hair. Everyone has their splurges. I'm assuming that you purchase products on QVC and collectively, maybe spend more $$. If you don't, why are you commenting on a SHOPPING site?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I'd be willing to bet that a haircut is not an option, although people with short hair use dryers too.

@Kachina624

Of course it's an option.   Personal grooming and maintenance are often modified according to one's needs.  If a woman's hair is so darn unwieldly that it takes forever to dry and style, change it.  No one is holding a gun to her head, forcing her to keep it too long.  JMO. 

And that's a personal decision that person is making, just like it's a personal decision for you to buy or not buy this dryer.  No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it so what difference does it make to you?

Of course not!   My opinion was based on comments here (and on other threads) where women said it takes "forever" to dry their hair, making it sound like such a horrible chore.   Well, if doing so takes up excessive amounts of time and causes them to complain that much, why not just change their hair style to something easier to manage?   Personally, to me, that's just common sense.   Why suffer when you don't need to?  JMO

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Of course not!   My opinion was based on comments here (and on other threads) where women said it takes "forever" to dry their hair, making it sound like such a horrible chore.   Well, if doing so takes up excessive amounts of time and causes them to complain that much, why not just change their hair style to something easier to manage?   Personally, to me, that's just common sense.   Why suffer when you don't need to?  JMO

Perhaps because we like our thick hair . Perhaps because it looks dam good. Perhaps because we are interested in how new technologies could save us some time. 

I can't believe I really needed to explain this. Oh well...

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2

Perhaps you didn't notice the "JMO" in my post?  Perhaps it was about time management and making one's life easier?   Perhaps it's time to give it a rest.