Honored Contributor

$400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

What could POSSIBLY make this worth $400?   

It's not even gold plated!

Respected Contributor

Re: $400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

I think the reason is because it's created like the Dyson vacuum cleaner.  But, they keep saying it's going up in price and it has been the same price ever since they started selling it.  I found the same price at Ulta.

Regular Contributor

It is just disgusting . All Dyson items are overpriced. I can't believe the hosts really believe the hype they are saying about this hair dryer. I don't watch Dyson anymore..I feel they play us for fools.

Valued Contributor

I find it hard to believe that even a professional hairdresser would spend that much on a hair dryer.  It’s insane!  It will be interesting to see how many are sold.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not going to pay more for a blow dryer than I did for my dishwasher.

Super Contributor

I've been known to spend some stupid money on beauty but I think $400 for a hair dryer is  ridiculous! 

However I did not watch the presentation at all or read anything about it so who knows if it has magical powers that I'm not aware of.

I just saw the price and skipped the whole thing, didn't even want to know.

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone who has purchased or is planning to purchase the Dyson hairdryer I am not criticizing you. I honestly believe that you will be pleased with your purchase. That said, I generally don't like price discussions because the people who are willing to pay higher prices sometimes feel offended by the posts.  However, $400 for a hair dryer makes me cringe.  For half that price the Blow Dry Bar Buttercup is an amazing tool.  I even like the Little Buttercup which is only $135. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44

Hair junkie here and  it scares me when I consider it, if you knew how many hair tools that are in my possession.

The models that are being styled look pretty awful but when thinking of it Chaz really never blow drys from wet on air. Everyone's hair is almost done when being shown on Q for any line.  If Chaz recommended maybe I would give it a go.  I already have dry hair that takes forever to dry.

Just bought a $500 Dyson canister vacumn on sale for $250 and love it but were talking oranges and apples.

Honored Contributor

I suppose if you have super thick, long, curly, out of control, never dries hair...it might be worth it. For me though, with just a breeze in the room my thin hair is dry.Woman LOL