Honored Contributor

I've been burned by high shipping costs to return items, too. Now I try to only order items that I've used the brand/color in cosmetics or skincare and the same with shoes and clothing. Shoes, jewelry and bags are the worst. Some shoes/bags have cost me $12 to receive and return. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bunjetto : for QVC clothing returns I try to limit my returns to one bag a month, which may include multiple items. Never had a problem doing this. I have also found that unless the returned package is very small and/ or lightweight it is now less $ to use the Q's return label.

Defective items: call CS to report.They will credit shipping. Must use their label.

Super Contributor

I agree with the return shipping costs being high.  But I think QVC's customer base is unique. TV shopping is an old-school type of selling that appeals to an older demographic who are less able to get out and shop.  I know both my mother and mother-in-law were in this category which is why they were loyal QVC customers. QVC I'm sure has figured out how much they can charge and still keep their profits.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@bunjetto : for QVC clothing returns I try to limit my returns to one bag a month, which may include multiple items. Never had a problem doing this. I have also found that unless the returned package is very small and/ or lightweight it is now less $ to use the Q's return label.

Defective items: call CS to report.They will credit shipping. Must use their label.

So true. Years ago I'd do my own label and save by at least $2-4, now, with increases at USPS, it's always more. I've asked on even small packages lately, still more!

I never thought about bundling, and didn't know you could; glad to find that out!

Honored Contributor

Why return in separate bags with separate shipping costs?  Put everything together in one bag and as long as it's under 5lbs. you can use one of the Q's return labels.

You can also ship it all together using your own shipping label....I use FexEx a lot.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen a garment that cost $10 to return.  I'd say the OP is prone to exaggeration, in more ways than one.  Ruins her credibility. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

So true. Years ago I'd do my own label and save by at least $2-4, now, with increases at USPS, it's always more. I've asked on even small packages lately, still more!

I never thought about bundling, and didn't know you could; glad to find that out!

@amyb 

Just make sure that when you 'bundle' returns that they're all like items, i.e. all clothing, all jewelry, etc., and that they all are supposed to go to the same return center.

I accidentally put a jewelry return in the same box with some clothing returns and boy was that a mess to get straightened out!

I finally got my credit, but it took quite a while for the jewelry return to be discovered at the clothing returns warehouse and then forwarded to the correct return center.

Lesson learned!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

@amyb 

Just make sure that when you 'bundle' returns that they're all like items, i.e. all clothing, all jewelry, etc., and that they all are supposed to go to the same return center.

I accidentally put a jewelry return in the same box with some clothing returns and boy was that a mess to get straightened out!

I finally got my credit, but it took quite a while for the jewelry return to be discovered at the clothing returns warehouse and then forwarded to the correct return center.

Lesson learned!

@KingstonsMom Thank you so much for that info; will do!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never seen a garment that cost $10 to return.  I'd say the OP is prone to exaggeration, in more ways than one.  Ruins her credibility. 

@Kachina624 

You're right, the numbers don't add up, she has to also be including what was paid to initially order the items, which is NOT a 'return' charge.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: 40 dollars?

[ Edited ]

I thinking @JeanLouiseFinch  what was meant is that it was a mixed bag of ill-fitting and perhaps something defective. I'm also thinking the poster knows the difference.

@bunjetto