Valued Contributor

40 dollars to return 4 clothing items (didn't fit/defective). you have got to be kidding me.

i know don't post this here but i did.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

“Didn’t fit” and “defective” are two different things.  Just because something didn’t fit you doesn’t make it defective.  If it didn’t fit, that’s on you for choosing the size you did (size charts and garment measurement charts are provided).  You can do a free exchange to size up or down.  

Defective is when something is sewn incorrectly (crooked seam, missing buttons, has an obvious flaw) or an electric/electronic item doesn’t work. QVC would cover the return shipping in those instances. 

QVC’s return policy and return shipping is no secret. It’s up to the consumer to know what they’re doing and what they are obligating themselves to when making a purchase.   

Respected Contributor

Re: 40 dollars?

[ Edited ]

@bunjetto  The shipping costs are why I only purchase when I'm positive that I'm not going to return.  Also, I take advantage of the free shipping days, read the reviews on sizing, and always look at the size charts.    

If they are defective then there is no charge for shipping, plus, I try to exchange whenever possible if I ordered the wrong size.  You just have to be very clear for defective items that is the reason it's being returned.  I believe that you will need to write "defective" on the packing slip so it's obvious to the warehouse.  And watch your account to make sure that you aren't charged when it's defective.

Also, you can always box them up together and ship all the items in one box to save on the individual shipping costs.  

I know the shipping costs are ridiculous. I'm spoiled by other retailers that ship for free or ship free with a minimum purchase of $25, but I think QVC has the shipping fees as one of their revenue sources and it's not going to change, no matter how many complaints they get.    

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

If you use PayPal as your method of payment then that return postage can be refunded to you by PP.  You'll need to sign up for the service. There are some limitations with PP free return shipping service so be sure to read that policy. For more info about this service search:

PayPal Return Shipping On Us

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  Agree!  I only purchase items under $30 so if I don't like it/doesn't fit I just donate it.  And although I realize s/h costs have gone up, I would think QVC does not pay the same rate as an individual does.  Plus, IMO, the cost of s/h is already factored into the price of the item so whatever QVC charges is pure profit to them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2  Agree!  I only purchase items under $30 so if I don't like it/doesn't fit I just donate it.  And although I realize s/h costs have gone up, I would think QVC does not pay the same rate as an individual does.  Plus, IMO, the cost of s/h is already factored into the price of the item so whatever QVC charges is pure profit to them.

@kaydee50  How can it be pure profit?  They have packing materials to buy and warehouse order pickers and packers salaries to pay?  

Honored Contributor

Shoes are the worst to return $$$$$.  No way I would buy shoes online unless it was Zappos 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you use PayPal as your method of payment then that return postage can be refunded to you by PP.  You'll need to sign up for the service. There are some limitations with PP free return shipping service so be sure to read that policy. For more info about this service search:

PayPal Return Shipping On Us

I wasn't aware of this; thanks for posting, I'll look into that.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes, try as you may, a garment does not fit.  Garment cutting and sewing is not always as precise as it should be.  I have found some brands or countries of origin are better than others.  I have found this on two items I purchased via mail even from Talbot’s.  Sadly, not everything is precise and perfect.  

If I want absolute precision, from a surgeon please if I ever need surgery.

Complaining about fit of an ordered garment here brings out so much blaming and shaming.  

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Absolutely profit. I worked for an aviation company years ago, our shipping costs were a  strategic, factored into profits, income stream category of itself, that brought big profit in, yearly. I've always believed same must be for QVC.

I was just thinking about this recently, because Q's policies do prohibit and limit my buying with them, compared to other companies...and I just concluded in my own mind, $-wise, they just must figure it's working for them, and sales are ok with this policy, and until it hurts them in some way, if they don't have to fix it for profit, they won't. It's business.

I do try to be as selective and sure on my items as I can be, but it is tough on clothing. I read size charts, reviews etc etc....and often times I get it right, but not always, and all that contradicting info can make your eyes cross! If I can't truly figure out how it will fit, which often happens...I pass.

And all the time it takes.

To me...online businesses...better make things as streamlined, easy as they can with excellent customer service practices in place, so people can "shop with confidence" with their hard earned money. Just too many options now out there, and people will go where they pay a fair price, and are taken care of easily.