Trusted Contributor

My dermatologist gave me a prescription for 4% hydroquinone, retin-a and kojic and I get it filled at a compounding pharmacy.  It's not covered by insurance and I pay $35 for a tube.  Because I'm sensitive to retin-a, I mix it with a moisturizer and use all over my face, although the directions are to put on the dark spots. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Mine is 7% from the derms office.  I have vetaligo and this has retinol also.  I use only at night.

Respected Contributor

Joan Rivers used to make a hand cream and I think it contained hydroquinone.  It worked.  

I've always wondered if there's another company that has made a duplicate of this great hand cream of Joan Rivers that removed spots. 

Anyone know?  I can't use Nadia, the smell is too much for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate - I totally agree!  Joan Rivers' hand cream was The Best hand cream ever invented!  I used it consistently for years - it not only erased spots, but the skin on my hands never looked better.  It was 2% Hydroquinone, but so much more. 

I also tried Nadina and hated it. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

ve some sun damage on my fair skin.  My derm prescribed Retin A which I order from Canada and had me buy Obagi Blender #5 which has 4 % hydroquinone. I buy it online.  I mix a pea size of each and spread it on my face PM.  Once it dries I can use any serum or moisturizer I want.  My skin looks much better.  When its really cold and dry I take a few days off from both until my skin is less dry. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions and suggestions.  I'm not sure if this is the product some are mentioning and just misspelling...Nadinola.  I agree that the smell is off-putting.  Wonder why they put scent in it?  The thing I like about it is that it is 3% hydroquinone and has a chemical sunscreen in it.  I took about 6 weeks off from it and used Alpha Arbutin instead.  The spots slowly darkened until I went back on the Nadinola again.  I only use it on the sun spot areas.  I just wondered if the 4% would lighten them more than they are now.