Super Contributor

3pc Lemonade Stand set - review

I posted about this set in another post yesterday, but wanted to write back after actually using them in the shower.

Chilled Ginger Tea is still my favorite of the three! Still hard to place it, but there is something in the scent that really appeals to my senses. I find it a very enjoyable marriage of black tea and mild but pleasant ginger. The ginger is definitely not effervescent or "ginger ale" like in scent. Based on the smell, I'd be curious to make the recipe for this drink! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was surprised how much Basil Cucumber blooms and comes alive in the shower - I thought it smelled great in the bottle, but once in the shower ... WOW! To me, it immediately reminded me of Be Somebody and Eternal Grace (two long gone Philosophy products). As I lathered up with this one, I could smell cucumber, basil, some other soft notes, and then some bright green notes. Man, I would love this in a lotion! Since they don't have one, I put on my older Fresh Cream lotion (the ones from a few years back that smelled like light cream and not the current version that smells like really strong vanilla), topped off with the Tea spray fragrance (from the 3pc Tea Set). Smells great together!

Mint Lemonade is nice ... I like that it doesn't have a strong lemonade or peppermint smell. It's just a nice blend of fresh-from-the-garden spearmint with lemon. I like the other two the best, but I would definitely still use it and recommend it!

Had I known how nice these were, I would have got another during the 30% off last week! So far its only at philosophy dot com, but maybe it will show up elsewhere soon. Great 'flavor' to use in between the holiday and the summer seasonals.

Respected Contributor

Re: 3pc Lemonade Stand set - review

Hi cal-gal! Thanks for your review. It's funny but the Mint Lemonade was the only one that initially appealed to me and that was the one you liked the least!

Super Contributor

sueinsf, how have you been? It's very nice to see you! Hope you are well. So did you end up getting the 16oz single of the Mint Lemonade, or end up trying the 3pc mini set?
Respected Contributor

I'm good cal-gal --as I hope you are. And nice to see you too! No, I didn't try either. I have SO much Philosophy and others to use up that I am trying to be a little more discerning. When it comes to Lemon scents, I still have Philosophy Muffin Man and Lemon Verbena, Korres Basil Lemon and Perlier Honey Lemon in my stash (and Lather Bamboo Lemongrass open). I've also come to realize that I really prefer 6oz or 8oz bottles as even the 16oz take me some time to use up. But you know I might decide to pick up an occasional 6oz at Nordstrom Rack or Marshall's sometime later!

Super Contributor

Ah Lemon Verbena!! I still have some lotion left and look forward to it in spring. I had always hoped they would come out with a Lemon Verbena fragrance, oil mist, body spritz, anything LOL but they never did. Hey, how do you like the Korres and Perlier products? Those scents sound nice too.
Honored Contributor

Thanks cal-gal for your review. I was tempted by this set, but I have so many than need to be used up. The Mint Lemonade is available is a 16 ounce, and so maybe the Chilled Ginger Tea will be offered in the larger size too. It does sound like one I would like. I hope you have an enjoyable spring.
Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 cal-gal said: Hey, how do you like the Korres and Perlier products? Those scents sound nice too.

I love the Korres Basil Lemon! To me it is a bright fresh lemon scent. The Perlier Honey Lemon is a very different lemon -- I remember someone once saying it reminded them of Tropicana orange juice! Right now I'm using up a Honey Lemon hand soap and I'm liking that. Both Korres and Perlier have nice formulas.

Honored Contributor

I bought this as a gift. Thanks for the review.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the review. I've been waiting for a lemonade scent for a long time. Both the lemonade stand and the 16 oz. lemonade 3-in-1 are now available at Macy's online.

Super Contributor

Hi sueinsf,

Thanks for your thoughts on the Korres and Perlier products. I will keep an eye out for them and maybe I will be able to sniff some testers somewhere soon! Enjoy all your lemon goodies and have a nice weekend!