Honored Contributor

Re: $399 for a Dyson supersonic blow dryer? Really?

I think the price is ridiculous too for a hair dryer but some women may not.  I am the type of person, especially when I was younger, who would pay more for a designer top and have one good piece instead of 2 not so great tops.  Now that I am retired it is not that important to me but I still like to look good.

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

My takeaway from this thread is that ladies who buy Dyson hair dryers are very defensive.

@jaxs mom ~ she may not be "better than people that choose to buy one," but I'll bet she has more common sense.

@radiant starlight ~ welcome to the beauty board!

@tototwo

And MY takeaway from your post to @jaxs mom, is that you sure make a lot of assumptions, since you can't possibly know how much "common sense" anyone on this board has or does not have.

MY takeaway from this thread is, why does anyone care what someone else chooses to spend THEIR money on?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

My takeaway from this thread is that ladies who buy Dyson hair dryers are very defensive.

@jaxs mom ~ she may not be "better than people that choose to buy one," but I'll bet she has more common sense.

@radiant starlight ~ welcome to the beauty board!

@tototwo

And MY takeaway from your post to @jaxs mom, is that you sure make a lot of assumptions, since you can't possibly know how much "common sense" anyone on this board has or does not have.

MY takeaway from this thread is, why does anyone care what someone else chooses to spend THEIR money on?

And by the way, I don't own one, so I'm not one of those "ladies who buy Dyson hair dryers that are defensive." 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Nope here.

Image result for animal face showing shock

Honored Contributor

I'd like a new dryer, somewhere in-between.   My cheap Revlon gets the job done but I know there is something better out there but if I had $399 to spend, it wouldn't be on a hair dryer.

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all critical of those who choose to buy the Dyson dryer.  I am, however, critical of Dyson for price gouging.  Something seems wrong about a hair dryer costing more than some of their vacuum cleaners.  JMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think in general we all do care about pricing. Pricing is part of the marketing scheme -- and I don't use the word, scheme, to imply something bad. In some cases, someone else's pricing can actually drive the market. I get concerned because it might wind up limiting our choices.

In industries geared to women, prices are all over the place, but does not necessarily dictate quality or usefulness.

For now, especially since I have no need, I will pass on this dryer. When I do have a need, this is probably not the dryer I will consider.

Honored Contributor

I have only about $7 worth of hair, so the cost vs. use ratio doesn't work for me at all.

Honored Contributor

I've used a round brush blower for ages, and am not sure I still have a hair dryer!

Just curious .....    does anyone know WHY the Dyson dryer is $399?     It must have some feature(s) to justify the cost .... anyone know what they are?

Honored Contributor

Re: haRe: $399 for a Dyson supersonic blow dryer? Really?

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

If I have to get my purchases approved by the masses, I am in big trouble.

The masses indeed, and we are in big trouble!