Valued Contributor

3 new beauty tips I learned this week from Youtube

[ Edited ]

I love to watch beauty youtubers and discovered 3 tips (new to me) that I plan to try.  First, Dr. Dray, a dermatolgist, suggested putting on deoderant the night before so that it can "sink" in.  Never thought about that before.  Then Emilynoel had a video on putting a gloss in the center of the bottom lip after applying lipstick. It gives the lips a shimmer without being too much.  The 3rd tip was from Shakeup Makeup, Laura.  She suggested putting blush and highlighter on before foundation (maybe more of a cream blush). Says it gives the skin a glow, and it did on her.  Maybe ya'll already know these things, but I didn't!Woman Happy Thought I'd share.

Honored Contributor

Re: 3 new beauty tips I learned this week from Youtube

What do you do if you shower in the AM before work or going out? Do you not put on deodorant?

I put foundation on then blush & highlighter. Doing it the way the you tuber suggested would hide or lighten the blush/Highlighter with the foundation.

Try it out, but it is unusual, to me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@chihuahuamom, Thank you.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

JustJazzMom, the deoderant idea was just to let the stuff sink in, I guess. If showering in the morning, of course put on deoderant. Maybe it is just not quite as effective.  the idea of putting on foundation after blush is just to soften I am guessing. Perhaps gives a more natural look. I will try it out tomorrow and see.  Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Valued Contributor

YT  is tons of fun, keep watching and you will be an expert. I hope you are using a very healthy deodorant, not too sure I like that idea too well as it  covers pores that should breath as you rest. I would discard that advice.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  YouTubers are fun to watch and some actually give good advice - some, not so much.

As mentioned here before, I use lipstick as blush and I do apply it first.  I get it all blended and slightly darker than I want it, then I brush on my foundation over it.  I believe it makes the blush look more natural, like it's really me and not a powder in a box.  

Hot&Flashy has a tip to camoflage large pores that I've tried a few times.  She heavily powders on IT Bye Bye Pores around her nose and chin till it makes her face look white - lets it sit for several minutes, then buffs it off.  Her pores are barely noticeable afterwards.  I guess my pores are a hopeless case!   I have used BBP for several years and I like it.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo, I believe the heavily powder application is called Baking. Haven't tried it. I would think that you would waste a lot of product. 

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom,   I am allergic to deoderant (any type) so that is out; I like the idea of the lip gloss/lipstick and applying blush first is very interesting.  I will have to try it out and see what happens.  Thanks for posting.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor- yes, she calls it a "mini bake" -- I had to go to YT and look it up.  It does waste a lot of product and, like I said, it doesn't work that well for me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Deodorant:

I use homemade deodorant, so I apply it after every shower

whether it's 1x-2x a day.

If you're using a conventional brand w/ aluminum,

I would not apply it as often....sparingly, if so.

Letting the aluminum 'soak in' is not a health tip I would promote.

Doctors might say 'oh, conventional brands are OK'...

but we all know doctors will say incorrect things.

Aluminum & Alzheimer's...I'm not going to take a chance

so I just make my own.