Respected Contributor

3 NEW PRODUCTS AND BREAKING OUT...advice?

I dont break out unless I use something my skin doesn't agree with.  So the only new things I'm using for about a week is...Naturuim spf 50, (morning only)

PETER TOMAS ROTH RETINOL PADS(only 3x so far at night))

And the C serum from The Lab( morning)

I'll do process of elimination...im thinking th C serum 1st, I only use n morning,  since I don't like the way it feels on my skin, then the spf...got about 3 pimples so far, they always leave marks, so im not putting up with this.  Clogged my pores 😪  I always do my double thorough cleansing, so nothing has changed in that area...its the new products,  but which one ???

Please advise any suggestions.   

Honored Contributor

Re: 3 NEW PRODUCTS AND BREAKING OUT...advice?

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin - hard to say but I would think it would be the Naturium spf50 cream because it is a chemical spf and those do tend to break people out more so than the mineral spfs..  Hope you figure out what it is.

Honored Contributor

Olay skincare products break me out and I have no idea why.

Recently, I started having an itching problem around the perimeter of my face.  I tried eliminating anything new that I had been using and, though the itching got less, it didn't completely go away.  I slowly started adding things back in and the itching didn't get worse and did eventually go away.  Have no idea what was causing my itching.

Respected Contributor

Use them one at a time for about a week each and see if one of them makes you break out.   If none do, start testing combinations.   It could be the way the products react to each other. 

Honored Contributor

I'd say it's the chemicals used for spf50.  I had a problem with CC cream my face broke out and boy did my eyes itch😳

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin I would suggest discontinuing all three new products at once. Let your skin calm down using your previous regime. After skin has returned to normal, select one product to reintroduce. Use it a while. If there is no problem, add a second one. Wait a few days to add the third. 

i have extremely sensitive skin that cannot tolerate most products. The first symptom for me is itching and a rash. I sometimes have breakouts from certain products. I have had to have cortisone to recover. Be sure to back off until your skin is calm so that you do not find yourself in that predicament. Good luck sorting this out!

Esteemed Contributor

I would stop all three immediately, wait for my face to get better and then try one at a time.

Skin can be a fussy little thing at times.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to say.  You could be going through a purging stage.  I'd also stop all three new products, let your skin normalize, then add them back, one at a time, over the period of a maybe a month or so,

Honored Contributor

I would use 1 new product at a time to determine which one is breaking you out.

Valued Contributor

Dollars to doughnuts it's the chemical Spf in the CC cream.  Is it It Cosmetics CC cream?  I got a full refund from QVC when it happened to me -- the It CC cream.