Respected Contributor

Re: $3.95 to me $6.95 to Return I'm Stopping Shopping...

[ Edited ]

@Solar Is My Name 

I hate, HATE, returning items, esp clothing!  So I totally understand!
    To me, you pay money & end up with NOTHING!   Might was well just set fire to the S&H money!  at least I'd have temp heat & light, burning the money!!!     (and I hardly leave the house!)  So what'cha do?

I buy my clothing items from  One Stop Plus dot com.  Their clothes seem almost always to be thicker, (esp maybe dresses: they tend too thin, IMHO) and this place seem to be so much more of a consistent size, item to item.     Maybe 'cause from a same vendors?? (And I pay ?$19/yr   for set, $3.95 S&H regardless of size of each order)  (I dont know abt returns cause I never had to send back a return).

I've bought BUNCHES from them, & NEVER had to return any item! What so ever! 

(Of course, my weight fluctuates by 10 lbs, (10 lbs   +/-  often works out to be one complete size on most ppl). So my wardrobe is those two sizes 

And I'm built like an "Ice Cream Cone."  Inordinately *BIG bawongas!* on top, narrowing to quite thinner, from under bust, incl waist/hips down, (just like an Ice Cream Cone  heh)  

So is nice to be able to buy "separates!" fr above, esp that match, in both color & fabrication!!   PLUS, they have SALES CONSTANTLY!!   Often, 50% off.  I HATE paying FULL PRICE for anything!  anything!  NEVER EVER paid full price of my MANY orders from here above!

I've had just about ZERO luck with clothes from Amz.  I dont even try anymore; They're AWFUL!  (exc maybe shoes/slippers).  Had good luck with shoes/slippers with Amz.

And I've found VERY "hit or miss" sizing (& quality) from QVC, maybe because from so many, various vendors??   even when i carefully research using The Q's own individual vendor "Size Charts." 

And forget exchanges!! (like you reference!)   So I just gave up on Q, totally!

Trusted Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn Thanks for the time that you took to fill me in on this! I appreciate it.

-Solar Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have started comparing QVC pricing against Amazon's, I almost never pay for S/H at AZN for either the purchase nor the return. Most often the item doesn't even need to be re-packed, I take to the UPS store with the return code and they take it from there. AND I usually have an email with my refund confirmation by the time I get home. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Valued Contributor

No. Cost of shipping is the price I pay for convenience - my schedule, my home, my closet to coordinate. Plus, I save time and gas. 

Valued Contributor

Amazon doesn't require an item to be in original packaging at all. I take back items every now and them and I walk into Whole Foods or Kohls (if I'm shopping there) and hand it over. Whole Foods is the best. No lines, just walk up to their counter and hand it over. Refund is immediate. No box, plastic, anything.

Frankly, I've been buying a few clothing items from Amazon and have been happy with them. Free shipping and free returns.

Honored Contributor

i figure in all of the potential costs associated with a purchase.

sometimes i wait for free shipping.

sometimes i wait for high rebates on the rebate sites so that i get my shipping costs back plus more.

sometimes i dont want to wait.

i am not a "serial returner" so overall the cost of returns doesnt affect me that much throughout the course of the year.

long time shopper with qvc and i generally know which brands work well for me, but there are times i do like to "take a chance."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein