Valued Contributor

Re: $3.95 to me $6.95 to Return I'm Stopping Shopping...

@Solar Is My Name Yes, totally agree!! They aren’t keeping up with the times and many other merchants that offer free shipping and returns. Their clothing prices are also exorbitant compared to other stores- Macys, target, JCP, Marshall’s, etc. There “compared to“ pricing is BS. Who are they comparing to, Saks?
Contributor

No, I never buy clothes from QVC. just for that reason.  You know the shipping and return costs when you buy it, so not a surprise.  If they offered free returns, prices would really go up. You pay for it one way or the other.  I buy from Amazon and utilize free returns.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Unless I really want an item, I usually pass and go elsewhere.  I can't tell you how many times I've passed on shoes at qvc.  Too risky and very likely a return for me.  

I've purchased many shoes through the years at the Q and have never had to return any of them.

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name 

Yes I do.  I don't know your whole story but based on having to pay for shipping and returns, that definitely plays a part in my decision.  I'll move on.  Too many places that don't charge for that.  Maybe they put it in the price of the clothing in this case but I can spend HOURS searching the web to not pay for shipping to me or if I have to return something.  

I bought a couple of shirts over the summer.  I spent a long time looking at them and all the measurements to make sure I wouldn't want to return them.

I'm embarrassed to say that both of them were that silky feeling, shiney polyester??  It's what I've seen a lot of older women wear in house dresses.  I have a "look" in my head that I can't get past.  I forgot to look at the material Smiley Sad  It costs more to return them than the cost of the item.  Once again, you get what you pay for.

Respected Contributor

I think QVC shipping prices are reasonable.  I also shop at several others such as Naturalizer, Maryland Square, Damons & Drapers and their shipping charges are much higher.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

Almost $11.00 for the privilege to try-on an item is no longer worth it to me.

SO many other sites give their cutomers free returns and other perks.

Do you feel the same way as I do?

-Solar Smiley Surprised

I won't buy clothing unless it is free shipping.  I haven't bought anything since before Christmas.  Prices are ridiculous and since they are giving new customers free shipping for 3 months, I refuse o give them my money.

Trusted Contributor

I always think long and hard before making a purchase from QVC these days.  If I'm not pretty sure I will like the item, I don't buy it.  It's not worth the expense of returning it.

I'm lucky because I do have a ridiculous amount of stores near me.  Although it can be annoying to deal with crowds, I do know that if I really want something, I have access to it.  I also know that not everyone has the ability to do that with where they live.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Solar Is My Name 

Yes.  It does influence my decision.  I used to get QVC packages several times a week.  It was a total joke amongst my family and friends... But now I have so much!  LOL!  I have changed my tune....

I try to buy on free shipping days and consider-- do I want to pay $7 to return it?  Or if I know I will keep then I will order.

I am doing dry January-- no alcohol and no qvc.  LOL.  So far so good!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I also agree that the shipping is way too much.  And yes, there are other retailers who's shipping is even higher, I just don't shop there.   I have gotten the best deals ever on Chico's in the past couple of years.  Free shipping and passport discounts added to incredible sale prices.  I've gotten 3 tops at times for the same price as one on the Q and quality and sizing is fine.   I am also now not really shopping though, attempting to have a "dry" January to the best of my ability.......LL Bean and Lands End also have exceptional deals at times.

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I think QVC shipping prices are reasonable.  I also shop at several others such as Naturalizer, Maryland Square, Damons & Drapers and their shipping charges are much higher.

I think so too. The majority of what I order from QVC ships free. The shipping charge of $3.95 is less than what others charge for shipping. For example Macy's is $10.95. If we were  to ship the product we receive I doubt we would pay less than $3.95 at UPS, USPS or FedEX.

You will not get much more than a gallon of gas for $3.95. How far does it travel to get to your door? It cost business and delivery companies a lot of money to deliver packages.