Trusted Contributor

$3.95 to me $6.95 to Return I'm Stopping Shopping...

Almost $11.00 for the privilege to try-on an item is no longer worth it to me.

SO many other sites give their cutomers free returns and other perks.

Do you feel the same way as I do?

-Solar Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: $3.95 to me $6.95 to Return I'm Stopping Shopping...

no

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

No

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

No, because I figure the cost of the possible return into the total...if I think it's too expensive, I don't buy the item.

Respected Contributor

No.  I rather pay $11 then drive from store to store, looking for parking spots, walking through a large mall only to not find what I want.  I just click my mouse and I'm done.  A lot easier even if it costs me money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, definitely and that is why I only buy if I'm 99.9% sure of keeping the item and only if the price is under $30 so if I don't like it, I just donate it.  $11 is ridiculous.  So many sites with at least free shipping to receive the item. 

From what I read on these forums I can't imagine what some pay in shipping charges!!!

@Winkk   No need to go to any store.  All retailers have their own websites.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I know the deal before I order so it's up to me to accept it or not. Nobody's twisting my arm. 

Honored Contributor

It does influence me, and now that PayPal no longer offers "Return Shipping on Us", I tend to only order clothing items from QVC that I'm fairly certain will fit and that I will like.

Other than that, I shop in store or with retailers who offer free shipping.  And I price compare, so it's the overall price I go by.

I stopped buying shoes from QVC years ago, when I ordered two pairs of Clark's sandals (that I had tried on at a Clark's store, so I knew the size).

When they arrived, they were so big that they must've been two sizes larger than what I ordered.  Even though I returned them as defective (or mismarked), I was charged for the return shipping for both.  (I realized there was a reason QVC had a better price - they must've been mass produced for the TSV, with no attention to quality.)

Those and a pair of Rykas that were so small (despite ordering my normal 7 1/2), that I ended up giving them to my sister-in-law who wore 5 1/2.  Better than wasting the return shipping on those.

Thankfully, I don't return much.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless I really want an item, I usually pass and go elsewhere.  I can't tell you how many times I've passed on shoes at qvc.  Too risky and very likely a return for me.  

Contributor

Exactly why I rarely order clothing or anything else unless I'm nearly certain that I will keep it.