Super Contributor

Re: 2nd day of Dermarolling!

@SilleeMee wrote:

The part about graduating to a longer needle is senseless. When it comes to needling, you use the appropriate length according to where it will be used. There's no such thing as graduation. The time between treatments, otoh, can vary and by this I mean treatments can be done more frequently as the skin adjusts...your skin's condition usually determines this length of time or it can be done on a schedule which has been proven effective found in the literature...whichever is appropriate for your particular skin.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That does make sense......maybe I was thinking that starting with the smallest would give me a sense of what I can tolerate. 

Im not sure if I will use the .5 , but the .25 seems to have the same effect as 

a facial scrub would....IOWs, not so much , lol.

The whole collagen building idea sounds great, but can older skin/body even respond enough to produce it?  

Btw, thanks for sharing all the information (about any number of topics)

with everyone here!

Respected Contributor

OK I just used it for the second time-  Used the hyaluronic acid afterwards and went to bed...

Question: On the YouTube video the dermatologist says that when undergoing these treatments in HER office, clients should not wear makeup for the duration of the treatment..it makes sense, since you have introduced holes into your skin.

How long do YOU wait, after using,  before using makeuup? I dont mind going without it a work todya, but am going out tomorrow and wondered if it woud be OK to use some...

Honored Contributor

The literature I read in a book I own says it's best to wait 24 hours until applying makeup, skin care products (including moisturizers) and sunscreen. But you can safely apply those things no sooner than 8 hours. The best thing is to apply only the minimum amounts. Try to limit the numbers of products you normally use until the next day. Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours. @Mothertrucker 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks! you are awesome! I dont mind going to work with no makeup today- I will have to stay out of the sun, (tough in Southern California where is was 90 yesterday )and I do have to work out side  at times during the day, but I will figure it out..

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

Forgot to mention...

If you use Retin-A or any other kind of retinoid, including retinol products, it's best to stop using them 3 days before and 3 days after rolling. This will help prevent unnecessary irritation from the retinoids. Irritation is the last thing you need when needling.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee A question: what source do you use to purchase your dermarollers and needle pens? Thanks so much!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty 

I buy the pens from SkinMedix dot com. The large rectangular stamps and rollers come from Whitelotusantiaging dot com and these last one year of usage, so I buy these every 2 years since my treatments are done in 6-month blocks then I take a break for 6 months during the warmer spring and summer months when I'll be outside in the sun a lot more.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks so much. 🙋🏻🥰❤️
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee what size do you use .25 or .5?

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

@SilleeMee what size do you use .25 or .5?

@CoastalGal 

Depending on the area I treat, 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5.  Sometimes 0.25 for certain areas.