Regular Contributor

I wash my hair every day, can't remember a time when I didn't. But today was a lazy Sunday with nowhere to go, and my hair looked pretty decent when I got up, so I decided to go for it and skip a day. I used some RTM to f luff it up and that was it.

Well, every time I pass a mirror I have to check myself out! My hair today is bouncy and wavy - much better than I ever expected. It might even look better than when I wash it. I know Chaz always says you can go longer without cleansing, but my hair is so fine I thought it would be flat as a pancake if I didn't wash it every day. I may have to re-think that!

I never start threads, but I was so surprised with my results today that I had to share. It's such a great feeling when you're happy with your hair. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I know the feeling

Super Contributor

Yay that's encouraging! I wash my hair every day too, maybe I finally won't have to once I've been using Wen for awhile!

Esteemed Contributor

That's awesome, Boot! Which CC did you use?

I rarely get good 1st day hair without a lot of manipulation. Yesterday after my cleanse, my hair was great and even better today. I used TT/613 first and SHP second.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor
I think for me, my 2nd day hair is better than day 1! I know this is not true for all. And I've noticed the longer I've used Wen, I've been able to go longer between cleanses. I usually cleanse every other day now, but I could and have gone longer. I recently cut my hair close to chin length but before it was at my shoulders and I only cleansed around 2-3 times a week.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Trusted Contributor
That is great! Which CC did you use? My 2nd day hair looks good enough to skip a day with SHP, though I still cleanse every day.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor
On 6/22/2014 BExplorer said: That is great! Which CC did you use? My 2nd day hair looks good enough to skip a day with SHP, though I still cleanse every day.

I like to play with all the CC's, and switch them up a lot. FIG is my staple, but yesterday I used SOB for the first and TT for the second cleanse.

I've been using WEN for about eight months now. My hair was damaged from blow drying and curling irons, so it took a while to start seeing improvement. But I think I'm finally there!

Super Contributor

I'm one of those don't need to but usually cleanse every day. I shower every day and just don't feel complete some how if I don't. I have noticed that with second day hair the frizzies are not a problem and it actually behaves better. If I don't have time for a shower in the morning I take use a little mouse and put it in a bun while I do my makeup and then take ithe bun out and WOW.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/22/2014 BootLvr said:
On 6/22/2014 BExplorer said: That is great! Which CC did you use? My 2nd day hair looks good enough to skip a day with SHP, though I still cleanse every day.

I like to play with all the CC's, and switch them up a lot. FIG is my staple, but yesterday I used SOB for the first and TT for the second cleanse.

I've been using WEN for about eight months now. My hair was damaged from blow drying and curling irons, so it took a while to start seeing improvement. But I think I'm finally there!

That is exciting to see such great results! July 5th will be one year of Wen only for me. I know I would see even better results if I would completely give up the flat iron, but a couple passes through my hair with it makes my have less frizzy and behave better. I am down to only using it about 4 days a week, though.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor
On 6/22/2014 Treeinwind said:

I'm one of those don't need to but usually cleanse every day. I shower every day and just don't feel complete some how if I don't. I have noticed that with second day hair the frizzies are not a problem and it actually behaves better. If I don't have time for a shower in the morning I take use a little mouse and put it in a bun while I do my makeup and then take ithe bun out and WOW.

Do you put the mousse on dry hair or do you spritz some RTM on first? When I put anything on second day hair to keep it dry in the shower (turbie, shower cap) it always looks horrible after the shower (maybe from the steam) and I end up washing it anyway. I'm thinking maybe adding in a bit of mousse will help combat the steam effects....