Frequent Contributor

Re: 25 hour beauty day--BORING!!

I agree, it was not at all interesting - and I'm usually very interested in makeup and beauty products. I wish they would carry some new lines. So much of the "same old, same old".

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/18/2015 circles said:

never even tuned in...nor have I today, either....I don't need to see Dyson every other hour...probably won't tomorrow....more beauty....hours and hours of it....must be profitable as often as its on...26 hours on Saturday surely didn't need to be followed by 8 to 10 hours on Monday...

It always amazes me how many hours are devoted to "beauty" and "make up" products on QVC......and others have stated it MUST be profitable for all the many many hours of presentations. And i can't believe many complain that they want to see "more" and "new" beauty items shown. I was also surprised they are having a beauty/make up day on Monday also. I guess the alternative is a day of every other hour of Dyson...or Mattresses or Ipads.,or Dooney & Burke..or SHOES...etc. Like so many have stated....................i try to check the schedule for certain product hours and then i watch. These days turning to other vendors for alot of my needs.

Honored Contributor

As far as I'm concerned QVC has hit rock bottom. I don't think they know how to produce interesting TV anymore. That's what happens when you go so long on autopilot. It's the old 'use it or lose it' thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I didn't watch any of it. For starters I'm not interested in beauty technology. I am also not interested in high shipping costs on single beauty purchases so it has to be a good deal for me to purchase it. I didn't watch any of beauty day but I did find a good deal on a Mally kit before beauty day. Since it's a kit it's a better value for the products and shipping and it was an event price.
Respected Contributor

It would have been an excellent opportunity to introduce some new items and new brands. Instead we got more of the same old stuff. QVC used to he like going to the mall with wide variety of products. Now it's like going to Wal-Mart and only being offered the Sam's Club brand.
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe that anyone would actually record a shopping channel.................

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Why complain & yet still watch.

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 straitgirl said:

Why complain & yet still watch.

Who said anything about watching? I haven't watched QVC since gem day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

If you didn't care for beauty day, maybe you will like gardening or cooking better. Looks like gardening day and cooking day are on the horizon.

Respected Contributor

Theoretically, I would love a beauty day.

But not the way they do it. Too much philosophy, watching Josie Maran slather oil all over herself, etc. is just not interesting anymore.

At least they had SOMETHING new with some Perricone no makeup makeup.

And they should offer reduced shipping on EVERYTHING on this one day like HSN does.

They should be able to hit a home run with this with something new and different.

Hyacinth