Honored Contributor

Re: “2024”, Everyone, Please Join Us!

Got our Shingles shot yesterday. We both got headaches from it, so are just taking it easy.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG good that you got the 1st Shingles shot. Hope that it's only a headache you experience. Both my DH & I had flu like symptoms from both injections when we had them. 

@MariotaMurielle  EP got moved to the cardiac unit & had a better night last night. He walked to the playroom today.

Contractor said depending on how fast the town issues a building permit, my bathroom project might begin within 2 weeks! 

Home PT signed off on my care today. The outpatient PT begins next week.  I am either using a walker when I awake or nothing for the rest of the day. 

Nothing else happening today. I replenished some pantry items from the further away supermarket today in the light rain. 

It's now partly cloudy. 

Hard to believe it's Friday tomorrow.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

still very cloudy and coolish wind off ocean

did get morn walk in

have a doc check at 1pm

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, I agree, I can't believe how fast the week has gone by. We're headed out to Costco soon. It's been a while since we've been, so I know we'll be there for a while checking things out. It's a drizzly, overcast morning, but I heard we'll warm up to the low 70's later. Just an FYI if anyones is interested. I got an email from HSN regarding Andrew Lessman vitamins, 20% off and free shipping. I use a few...

@JustJazzmom , so happy to hear EP is feeling better and able to get up and walk. Our DD has an Australian Shepherd..they're such sweet dogs. Also great you'll be doing OPT already now too...

@AuntG , I hope you and your DH are feeling better today..

FADFF349-FC40-4CA0-A840-6B7BFDD085B5.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon! 

Sunshine & in the mid 60's here. 

@AuntG  hope you & your DH are feeling better today. 

@SleeplessinSD I've never been to any of those mega warehouse stores. There is a BJ's store in the next town over but I've never been inside it.

I'm walking around pretty much without the use of cane or walker now. Now I am noticing my Lt. hip bothering me more. I think if this keeps up, I might want to do the surgery ASAP after the mid July visit before my 50th HS reunion. 

Contractor came by to have me sign the contract & the building contract form. He took tile measurements & the tile board with him so he can order those items. He answered a few of my questions. Sconces don't need to match on one side of the room to the other or be similar. My current sconces look like this on either side of the mirror. They use a candelabra base bulb. 

IMG_0008.jpeg

I eliminated about 3 sconces that looked V shaped on the top & bottom. Now I'm looking at brushed nickel sconces that can handle up to 100W. Of course with the LEDs, I can insert a 75W which would be about 13W.

I might go with one about 9" tall since the recut mirror will be high, not as high as it was but high enough!

Here is the one from Home Depot I am interested in for the makeup vanity area. The light can be hung in either a facing up as in photo or downward direction. It takes a medium bulb with no candelabra base. 

IMG_0214.jpeg

It's called Alexa Collection 1 light brushed nickel Etched Linen White with Clear edged glass modern vanity light.

He also suggested white rocker panels & outlets with the switch plates also in white to match the white trim & moldings around the room.

He also finally heard the noise I was telling him about behind the toilet inside the wall, when water is run in the room. He said it's not an air hammer noise but the brackets holding the waterline in place might have been too tight when installed. A little too much torque is what I said. Now that he knows what I was describing he will get to the bottom of it. I have heard this noise as early as 4AM! Which makes me wonder if our bathrooms are somehow adjoined by this water line. We shall see.....

Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. DD got her infusion here today and everything went really well. Ezra went about his little business like nothing out of the ordinary was happening, so that definitely helped. I am so relieved to know she will be starting to feel so much better within a day or two.

it stormed all night and we got over 2" of rain from yesterday evening to this morning. thankfully the rain pretty much stopped by noon and DH was able to grill some chicken for our lunch. we always try to feed the infusion nurse well when she's here. he also grilled some veggies and made his German potato salad.

I am tired with a capital T tonight and look forward to a restful weekend.

@JustJazzmom, I really like that Alexa Collection sconce.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Florence, Ms. sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

May be an image of twilight, nature and lake

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much here

we have a steady light rain falling today-began about 7am

dh did the laundramat run-all folded and put away

no walk for me today

not much else. later guys.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the best wake-up this morning. DH got up early and left for Jackson so I got to sleep in.  I was awakened by the sounds of the Ring chimes and the garage door going up. I thought DH had forgotten something but then I heard Ezra's little voice calling Grammy and he ran into my room, climbed up on the bed and gave me the sweetest hug and kiss. DD had left her rings at the house yesterday and stopped by to get them. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my day.

it's a gorgeous day here. I plan to be a slug and take my time catching up on some things in the house.

I cooked a turkey breast last night so we can have sandwiches this weekend as well as left-over grilled chicken & potato salad, so no cooking. yay.

have a great Saturday, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good late evening! We were with overcast skies here in the mid 50's for most of the day. Light rain has moved in. 

I did a load of wash, folded & put away all the dryer items. I then folded & put away my bedspread & put the summer comforter on the bed. The JCP egret colored sheets & lightweight blanket matches well with the ivory in the comforter. I had gotten the comforter many years ago from JC Penney. 

I only took Tylenol 2X today. When outside, I'm not using the cane or walker. 

I stopped in Michael's to look for red silk poppies for a bud vase. But they only had huge ones. 

Tomorrow I will make the chocolate chip orange ricotta cookies. I went down the hall & gave some of the Italian ricotta cookies to another neighbor. 

This recipe calls for orange zest, orange extract, mini chocolate chips & the rainbow sprinkles in the shape of tiny balls on the top of the orange flavored glaze.

It's good to be a slug sometimes. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

am down the count-wound up in ER at 6am-real sick with a UTI-bladder infection. 

i did see my doctor in april for same thing-was told nothing was wrong-have a nasty bladder-uti infection on heavy duty antibotics for 10 days.