Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

not much today.

sunny, cool day with a really gusty breeze.

had to go to urgent care last night had ear ache on right side,they checked both ears,said they were impacted with a huge amount of wax. they cleaned them out,they checked ears again said all was clear and NO infection, yet I still have painfulful throb that comes and goes on right side. if it is not in the ear just that right side of the face. almost like an electric shock comes and goes,, now i wonder what i have now.

ok guys not much else. did chores, dh is out grocery shopping. clothes on lines. ok later all

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923  Have dentist check you out for TMJ. Plus have you been vaccinated with Shingrix? 

My cast is off my left arm & am now in a black Velcro brace. It can come off if I am sitting in a chair, at night to sleep & of course to shower.

Will be starting PT on the 6th at a place across the street from our complex.  I see orthopedist in 6 weeks. PT is currently for 6 weeks. 
Looks like I need strength training. Ex: unable to hold steady the Brita water pitcher without right hand supporting bottom. 

Still in discomfort. Just took a 2nd Tylenol for the day. I'll repeat with a 3rd one at sleep. 

Thinking of all of you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom, Ooooo doesn't it feel so good to have that cast off? and that adjustable velcro splint to use only when you feel like you need the support? and the best part of all.....a hot shower, with that warm soapy water massaging your wrist and hand. and how great is it that you only have to cross the street for your PT? that's some major progress..

speaking of hands, my DSIL fell several weeks ago and hurt his hand. he had swelling and tenderness but he could move all his fingers and cautiously use that hand, so he didn't have it looked at. fast-forward to Monday when he was meeting with his radiation oncologist and she noticed the swelling and asked him about it. after  explaining what had happened she sent him directly to radiology, and sure enough, he has several small bone fractures in his hand. since he's starting radiation in a few days any procedures that may need to be done (including surgery) will have to wait until that is completed. in the meantime, she's fitting him for a full-length compression sleeve to help with the edema and discomfort. the edema may always be a problem on his left side to some degree because of the removal of lymph nodes, so a full length compression sleeve would help with that and reduce the discomfort in his hand.

there's just so much going on. if you believe in a higher power and pray for intervention, please pray for us. DD is trying her best to keep everything as routine as possible for Ezra, and still take care of all the additional responsibilities that have been given to her at home and at work. she is so stressed and so tired, but she's taking it one day at a time, and doing the best she can do. I'm just really grateful that we are here, just a few minutes away and have been able to give her the peace of mind that her baby is being loved and care for.

sending blessings to all.

here's a north Mississippi soft rolling hills sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all..

DE0012CB-F1E1-4DC1-A0EC-E41177CE641D_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here

just got a call from DD guess we are going to have our youngest grandson visiting for a couple of days. when to when ??? she got another call so we wait.

Just Jazz we had the original shingle shot can not get the newer version. DH got herpes in the eyeball ,took the opthomologist near a full year to rid his eye of the herpes simplex contagion. the opthomologist said we should never have anything to do with a shingle shot ever again, even my primary doctor agreed with that decision..

I did have to go back to urgent care last night my ear was just throbbing with pain on that right side. nurse lady did look in ears, left was a ok, right ear was inflamed. she said it could be an ear infection OR trauma from the ear cleaning. so she sided with ear drops in that right ear for 5 days and ibuferon as needed for a few days. my ear feels better, have cotton ball in ear to keep breeze out. 1st of June was the first doctor i could see at primary care pratice, took that appoint at 8am with a newbe doctor have never seen him before (my normal doctor is booked solid), so I will go to apppoint just to tell him what happened and see what he says.

it is sunny and breezy and just delightful enjoying this weather.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923  Hopefully the discomfort will dissipate soon for you!

Enjoy your visit with your GS.

@MariotaMurielle yes it is a joy to be in no cast! This morning I attempted to  wash the coffee carafe & the paring knife using the washcloth in my left hand. I was told when I am doing things, I can remove the Velcro brace. 

Yes, the shower was wonderful but I did have some difficulty using the washcloth to clean the right side of my body -- under the armpit.

This PM I retacked a tag back onto the pants I've been wearing. Half the tag was untacked. 

Sleeping last night with no cast/brace was great. I noticed this AM less hand swelling between my pinky to middle finger areas.

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your SIL. It's not easy being a caregiver. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

The eldest son, wife & GSs took a trip this weekend to visit friends in the Midwest. It is my youngest GSs first plane ride. The elder GS went on his first plane ride when he was about 9 months old to CO. 

They are going to visit the Henry Ford Museum. Our eldest GS will really enjoy looking at all those cars. He's a big fan of the Pixar movies Cars. 

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , you're making such progress, and I'm sure it feels good. Little by little. Our grandson took his first plane ride from Mississippi to here when he was very young. I had flown out for his birth, and our DD flew back with me. Her DH was in the military..

@viva923 , ear problems can be so painful. I'm glad your visit to the doctor has brought you some relief. Hoping you feel better each day..

@MariotaMurielle , your DD and DSIL are dealing with more than their share, and my heart goes out to them. I will continue to keep them in my prayers. Take care, as I know when our kids hurt, we do too..

Our DS and his wife decided to go away for a couple days, so we have their dog. We'll be taking a drive out to their place tomorrow, and I'm sure have lunch/dinner out there. We'll barbeque on Monday..

Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

bad day at black rock here

my new car was nearly totalled in parking lot,some jerk won't use my normal name here ran into it while dh was doing wash at laundramat. the car is undrivable had to be towed to repair place.he hit back door,back panel and wheel broke axel to back wheels. he was hauling. no rentals available till tuesday could be monday night if anything comes back early

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923  Hope a police report was made out. The jerk's insurance will probably cover the repairs if needed. 

Drove today all by myself to run 3 errands -- bank, get gas for car & drop off empty ink cartridges to Staples. I drove without the brace on,  When I came home took a Tylenol. 

Will need thumb strengthening -- had trouble using thumb to raise radio volume on steering column. Plus had to pull out seatbelt strap more than before so I could click it into place. 

It felt good to drive.

Now having a late lunch & watching recorded TV.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wow, @viva923 . your new car? did the person stay to give you their insurance information? hopefully they had insurance. I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but it's against the law to drive in Mississippi without insurance. when DH was a county deputy probably half the people he stopped didn't have insurance. of course, most of those people also had a suspended driver's license and warrants out for their arrest....but that's a whole other story.

it was a beautiful day with very low humidity, and it's the first stretch of days we've had in a while with no rain. so DH and I started on re-staining our deck.  he power washed it yesterday. it's a little over 500 square feet and we used a roller, so it was quite an operation. it wasn't hard to do, it just took a  while. we plan to do the rails and a second coat on the deck tomorrow. it was a faded rusty red color and the new color is sort of a spruce green. I think it's going to look really nice when we get finished.

No photo description available.

here's a Gulfport sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

0793DEF7-6EF3-44E1-B087-528408B36648_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle - your deck looks great!