Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle  I remember you mentioning these switch plate covers.

These are the ones I saw at Wayfair online: 

I

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, those Wayfair switchplates are beautiful, but I guess I'm leaning more toward function. the Snappower covers aren't pretty or decorative, but I love the security of having that little bit of light when it's so dark in the house.

SwitchLight

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

it is semi cloudy today. a decent breeze so did hang out hope clothes dry.

those electrical covers, dh found them at walmart many years ago in the isle of What is on sale on t.v.: he got 2 of the plates and put them on and they have been working for many years. I now that those bug zapper plugged into outlets in 2 areas of the house (we only have 1 floor) and those bug zappers put a huge light,so we have plenty of night lights around the house.

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

it is a wettish,coolish, day. kind of foggy too. it is not raining hard just that laggy type stuff. misty,than quit and misty again.

did get a shortened walk in this morn.

doing much of nothing this afternoon. at 3pm we leave for church for 4pm Mass,we like the church up north so we drive that extra distance. dh got laundramat run done,folded and put away.still using blankets on bed, nights are still coolish here down to the 40-50's.ok guys that is about all .later all

Esteemed Contributor

hi all. @viva923 , I'll trade weather with you. it's been 90 and humid here with several brief rain storms every day for a while.

we got the new vacuum cleaner put together and I vacuumed the whole house today. I was amazed ( and kind of shocked) at how much stuff was in the canister. I don't vacuum every day, but I do vacuum at least once a week. apparently the Dyson I've been using for several years wasn't doing much. this one ( a Shark Stratos) felt a little like driving a big truck at first because I'm so used to that lightweight cordless Dyson, but the difference in results was impressive.

yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the couch, which faces the french doors that go out to the deck. some movement caught my eye and I walked to the door to look.  there was a pretty large turtle walking across the deck. our deck sits at least a foot off the ground everywhere except one spot that's about 6 or 8 inches from the ground. I can't figure out how in the world that turtle got up on our deck, unless it climbed the steps. DH picked it up and put it in the woods next to the house.

we're driving to Jackson tomorrow to visit with friends. hopefully we'll have good weather for the trip.

sending blessings to all.

here's an Ocean Springs railroad bridge over the bay sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

B0C21F32-9313-431D-B156-29CA41ACAFDF_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Early Morning!

I fell asleep early last night and slept pretty good. That is, until I woke up around 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. I decided to join Max downstairs. He can't climb the stairs anymore so sleeps in his bed in our family room.  Our DD was supposed to be out here this weekend. Some things came up, so it will be sometime at the end of the month we see her. Our weather has been overcast, cloudy and humid. The sun tries to come out, but it doesn't last for long. I don't know what we have going on today. My hair needs washing, but that's always a long process, so we'll see.

@MariotaMurielle , we have a Sharke vacuum upstairs and down. We could really use a new one downstairs. Ours is an older model. I can't remember the name. I vacuum often. Max sheds so much. I saw one on the Q that picked up dog hair, and it didn't get stuck in the roller like ours does. That would really be a help. Have a great time today with your friends..

Happy Sunday Everyone!

FEE86223-0B4A-4ABD-94A3-32F60CB2B8AE.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good morning! We had light showers yesterday when my youngest son came by to drive me to the further away supermarket for supplies. We came back, unpacked everything & went out to eat literally across the street from our complex at a local sports bar called Jake & Joe's. 

My son tried a great IPA called Sam Adama Wicked Fenway & I had a glass of Pinot noir. 

When we finished dinner there was a short break in the rain. My car which is usually garaged got a rain wash so that helped. 

Originally my son was going to commute back to his place on the T but this weekend, work must be happening on that line, so there were shuttle buses in place. He decided to take an Uber back. He took the Uber & shortly before he got home, it really started to pour! 

The rain was very heavy from around 7 to about midnight.

This morning we have sunshine & it's in the 60's here. 

I went on eBay last night, & so far I am the higher bidder on a lot of 10 spice bottles. Fingers crossed that I will be the winner. The seller has the auction for 1 week in place. I hope she ends the auction earlier. I am interested in mostly 1 bottle but there are 2 or 3 I can put to good use..

Oh, have been getting those 'neighborhood spoof' calls, so decided to answer one saying: Police Department, state your emergency!

One caller hung up:as soon as I said Police Department! Maybe if I do this enough times, my number will be removed from their scam lists. 

Have a terrific Sunday. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not to much here today

absolutely delightful here. cool, breezy, sunny great clothes line dry weather have my huge load on line drying.

did morn chores, even cleaned the inside of the cars windows today they were super dirty

ok guys 

I love my soni clean vacuum cleaner does a great job on whole house carpet but gentle on carpeting.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

another absolutely beautiful day, windows open today fans in window. great sleeping weather.

got clothes on line. did morn walk, dh had to run to lowes and walmart still not home,he is bored being around the house so much,he is taking his sweet time getting home. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good mid prime time! 

Another gorgeous day here & I am still the highest bidder for those McCormick bottles. 

I contacted McCormick customer service this PM & asked the person if he could give out the herb amounts used for the now discontinued Salad Herbs bottle. Six herbs, but no idea what amounts to create this blend. The guy told me the amounts to use to make this blend. I guess since the product was discontinued, McCormick could let people know the herb amounts -- it is no longer a McCormick proprietary secret. 

The eBay seller has to wait till the auction ends this Saturday to give me those bottles I bid on. 

I tried to find on the internet a copycat blend of those salad herbs with no success. 

Once I get the bottles, I will probably make a salad dressing using white wine vinegar & evoo. 

Have a great evening all.