Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good afternoon! Started making some of the dishes I am bringing to various people's homes this weekend. My cinnamon streusel coffee cake with diced peaches is about to be refrigerated. I am about to have some lunch before I make the riccota cheese with spinach filling for the stuffed shells.

Tomorrow I will make the shortbread cookies on Saturday morning will make the goat cheese & chives muffins to bring on Easter Sunday.

Have a peaceful Thursday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

hi all. DSIL told us last night that he feels good enough to keep Ezra today, so we had an unexpected day off. we went out to lunch, ran a couple of quick errands and then went to a nursery we had never been to before. it was a beautiful place with huge live oaks dripping with moss and so many gorgeous plants. it's a good thing I'm not a gardener, because I could spend a lot of time and money at that place. I had a specific mission, so I was able to stay focused. I found someone to help me pick out some flowering plants that can withstand western exposure, and I'm going to put them in the large pots at the front door where I have a couple of evergreens. I can't even remember the name of them, but they're pretty and will look nice planted around the evergreens. I'll be going back, though, because they have several kinds of fruit trees that I would like to plant.

our Arbor Foundation trees arrived yesterday. I knew they would be small, but they're much smaller than I expected. I also didn't think they would arrive until the end of the month, so I'm not prepared to plant them immediately. I have the roots in water, and they came with instructions on what to do if they're not being planted right away. I need to have someone from the county and the electricity company come out and mark the water and underground electric lines so we won't accidentally cause a disaster when when dig the holes.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Gulfport street lantern sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

783E3E7B-3371-40D1-801E-0C68839866C5_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!☀️

EB42ADD7-9A6F-46DF-AC19-CB464AD62EE5.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD - same to you!  Have a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

hello all

the faster I went the further behind i got, just catching up now.

been cloudy all day with spitty spotty showers off/on today

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Some of the cookies I made this morning:

Chocolate Easter-Spring Cookies.jpg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom - they look great!

Honored Contributor

hello all

went to sam's club this morn,was exhausted when i got home. neighbor lady wanted some company when she drove down there.

very cool day even furnace kicked on.

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

hi all. it was pouring rain most of the day yesterday and last night but today the rain has stopped and it's a cool, overcast day. perfect for getting my new flowers planted.

I had to improvise a way to get the potting soil from the back deck to the front porch because DH is out running errands and the bag is much too heavy for me to carry that far. I just got an old towel and put the bag on the towel, and dragged it from the deck, through the living room and onto the front porch. no dirt on the floor,  no hurt shoulder and mission accomplished Smiley Happy

here's one of the two planters I did.

No photo description available.

have a peaceful Saturday, y'all.

BBL.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle - that planter looks fabulous!  Good job!