Honored Contributor

Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon everyone.  Yesterday I had errands to run and then home to watch football.  Today I had a hair appt, then brunch with DD, and home to do laundry and watch football.

I'm trying to figure out how to cut my cable and go to streaming.  My poor DD has explained it to me so many times.  She suggested I get a Roku and she'd help me set it up and then I can get Hulu.  I already have Netflix and Britbox.  Right now I'm using an Amazon Fire stick but she told me "mom, no one uses the Fire Stick anymore, get a Roku."  LOL  But I get confused by which Roku to get and how it all works and how streaming Hulu works and how to sign up for it.  Ugh.  Then having to cancel cable but keep my internet and phone.  It's all overwhelming to me.  Anyway, my current cable subscription runs out mid-March so need to figure something out or my bill will skyrocket unless I can get another deal from Xfinity.  They've already raised my bill $20 a month over what my contract was supposed to be due to "rising costs."  So I'm sure the new deal certainly won't be less than what I'm paying now.  

Sorry for the rambling but gee, why couldn't it be simple or am I making this far more difficult than it needs to be?  That is always a distinct possibility.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening Friends, I'm watching the game as I type..Go 49'ers! Great game! DH went to DS's to watch. I could have gone, but just too lazy to get ready to go out. I like the quiet and being by myself now and then. I got a couple things done, taking my time, but most of all, it's been a nice, cold, relaxing day.

@JudyL , I wish I could help you. I'd be just like you, so I don't think you're making it more difficult than it is. That being said, you might be, lol! DH takes care of all that. We do have cable and stream too.  I have heard Roku is the way to go but, again, what do I know?? Anyway, good luck!

@MariotaMurielle , where do I begin? I was getting worried we hadn't heard from you for a few days. I'm glad you were finally able to fall asleep and catch up on some much needed rest. You did have quite a week. I'm also impressed you were able to set up your Ring doorbell. Good for you!   I had to laugh when you mentioned the terrible two's Ezra's getting you ready for. I remember it well! The good news is it doesn't last long, although it will seem like it😉 I hope your DSIL is feeling better..my heart goes out to him and DD..

@viva923 , so funny hearing how your DGS is a bottomless pit.  Most 9 year old boys do love to eat that's for sure! It continues, although with my GS, he's just more picky!

@JustJazzmom , I hope EP's day was the best, and he enjoyed his birthday cake!🎂🎈🎉 take care.

Everyone enjoy and have a peaceful rest of the evening..

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

still raining outside, didn't get to wet on my morn walk

did get living/dining rooms cleaned and put back together.

not much else. later guys

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

JudyL, I think we also pay a ridiculous amount monthly for cable. we have internet and TV through Xfinity/Comcast. I find the other options confusing and have no idea how to change.

we had a pretty good day today. Ezra seemed more like his usual little happy self, although he's getting several new teeth and I can tell he's having some discomfort. we do give him Tylenol or Motrin when we think he needs it and it helps.

we're expecting some serious weather tomorrow evening. I wish that kind of weather only happened in the daytime. tornado warnings at night are especially scary.

here's Ezra doing "yoga" Smiley Happy

746E0E88-6E3D-4BA7-8EC9-51F09C5A34E1_1_201_a.jpeg

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Gulfport lighthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

97C0CDD9-19D6-43DB-B682-62FCB2AD4006_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

MM ezra doing his yoga moves he is good at it LOL, let us try it ,that would be a LOLOLOL,call ambulance. he is lower to floor and if he falls he will just roll and bounce up if we did,we would be breaking some bones and need help to get out of the predicament.

not much today. did normal chores. nurse lady is coming today with her supervisor (guess they have to judged on techniques of how they handle cases. 

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle , I agree with @viva923  on the yoga moves. Little Ezra makes it look so easy. Do you do them together?😉 I checked. Looks like your weather's calm right now. Praying those tornado warnings ease and pass you by. 

Really cold when we got up this morning, in the 30's. Looks like a nice, clear day, though, and we have errands  to run and things to do. We plan to eat at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. 

Everyone, have a safe, happy day!

I really try to!

D0491DB3-DD9F-4F07-A17F-9E1F93A82807.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I don't do the downward dog position because it makes me dizzy. I'm not sure how he got started doing that, but he thinks it's funny. @viva923 is right. I would need someone to get me up because I would fall over. but we do get on the floor together and do stretches and leg lifts.

we got our first Ring motion alert notification today when UPS came onto the porch to deliver a package and didn't ring the doorbell. that's confirmation that I did the motion zone settings correctly. I was tickled. I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy! Smiley Happy

the storms are just now beginning to come into our area. we have a tornado watch now. it's raining pretty hard and the wind is howling. they said it should be over by about 1am.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Jones county sunset.

797A28D2-2259-4D21-BC7C-F949205EC674.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

MM see it does not take much for making us happy. Your ring doorbell works HOORAY, YOU DID IT !!!!

not much here today. very heavy rain now. been raining since about noon time. did get wet on afternoon walk. very chilly too. snowing NORTH OF Philly.

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi friends. it was a busy day here at Goat Hill with Ezra. he is in constant motion. he loves to dance to music videos and his favorite is Carlos Santana.

the worst of the storms missed us last night. we had a huge amount of rain and lots of wind, but no damage that we know of. unfortunately, some places weren't as lucky, especially Texas.

I have no idea where I got the energy, but I cooked a delicious supper tonight. I made steak & gravy (we call it minute steak or cubed steak, which is tenderized round steak. I don't know what it's called anywhere else), pinto beans, rice and corn bread. lately we've been eating whatever is the quickest and easiest to prepare at night because we're both so worn out by Ezra.

hope all is good with everyone.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Fulton Lake sunset.

B14BD616-C2A1-4274-AB5B-17CFA5BEB0A1_1_201_a.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , not a doubt in my mind your Ring would work. I'm sure it was a good feeling, though, and I know I'd have been happy too. DH loves 'cube steak'! I haven't made it in a long time. Your supper all sounds delicious. I made pork chops. DH had picked them up when he went shopping, and they were super thick. My pork chops always seem dry when I cook them, but this time I brined them first,  seared them on all sides in a pan, then let them cook the rest in the oven. They were really moist and tender. So happy your area had no damage during the night. I did read/hear Texas was hit hard..

@viva923 , be careful walking in that rain..hope you see better weather soon.

@JustJazzmom , thinking of you..

Waving Hi to Everyone...Good Night!

~H~