Honored Contributor

I like these but nowhere near this long.

Spell Check Blue Jelly Nail Polish by KBShimmer image 1

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SurferWife 

My what beautiful nails you have!  How long do they last?

@monicakm 

Thank you!  I get them done every 5 weeks.  I could go 6 weeks, but they get too long, then I can't type.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@monicakm - Thanks for posting! I have and wear all of them except fuchsia- just don't look good in that one, although I'm sure I have it! 

I'm wearing bright red (Olive and June CV) for February, Valentine's Day, and women's heart health month. 

I will switch to mint green, probably OPI or Essie, once March comes.

@SurferWife - Your nails are incredible! You are so talented!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

Oh, that's not my work!  I just tell my nail tech what I want & she does it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@amyb 

My nails are hard gel nails, with gel polish on top.  They are indestructible, but I'm really not that hard on them to begin with.  I wear gloves when I'm cleaning, doing dishes, etc.  I don't use my nails to open cans or anything like that.  I still try to be fairly gentle because they're not cheap!

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie 

Honestly, I have no clue what the brand or color is.  My nail salon has so many different brands & I don't really pay that close attention.  But yes, it is a good red...not too orange or too blue...just a pure red.

Honored Contributor

I've been oogling over all the nail images on line.  Talk about a rabbit hole!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I get a lot of my ideas from Pinterest.  I could spend hours looking at nail designs, but I do like to keep mine on the simple side.  I've seen some atrocious designs...like a different design on every finger.  My OCD would not do well with that...LOL!  I gotta' have my symmetry.  I like to do a gradient design, or ombré mostly and will have little stickers (like the seashells), but that's as far as I go.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I LOVE your Pedicure!!  @SurferWife That sparkling blue color is gorgeous and the sea shells & turles amazing!!  

AEF13AF6-1814-4735-A5F1-9E38E40BA1A7.jpeg

@SurferWife  - I LOVE your nail colors and designs Heart

@monicakm - I am inspired to also jump on the dark blue nail color train! Going to look at options. Let me know what you find

This reminds me that I have a set of limited edition Denim Blue Chanel nail colors. Will look for the photos and post them. Going to pull them out and will use them soon when I update my pedicure

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: 2022 Nail Color Trends

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@monicakm 

I get a lot of my ideas from Pinterest.  I could spend hours looking at nail designs, but I do like to keep mine on the simple side.  I've seen some atrocious designs...like a different design on every finger.  My OCD would not do well with that...LOL!  I gotta' have my symmetry.  I like to do a gradient design, or ombré mostly and will have little stickers (like the seashells), but that's as far as I go.

Yes, someone told me about Pinterest and nails long ago...she used to come into a shop I worked in, and get her nails done at the salon nextdoor...she showed me on her phone all the design ideas she got from Pinterest...there are tons! 

As for your seashell toes, I'm still oogling and wanting for this summer...are the shells/turtles decals or did she paint those on?? I love, love the sparkly blue as well...wondering what brand polish it is. I don't like every dark blue I see, but that just looks like shimmering water...so summery.

One other questions...gel nails vs. gel polish. Do you know...is it safe, or is it even done, to paint with a gel polish on a natural nail, if I didn't want or feel the need to get gel nails?

My nails are pretty good/strong themselves. Just as I never got into acrylics, never have gotten into the gel nail thing. But the polish itself seems better, shinier, longer lasting, just wondering if it is ok for real nails....since I'm thinking your shimmery blue might be gel polish too.

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I should clarify...I only get hard gel on my fingernails.  My toes is gel polish alone.  The turtles are nail decals with the little pearly looking stones.  They use some sort of base coat to make the decals and stones adhere to the nail.  I've never had trouble losing them, but living in Hawaii I wear open toes shoes 365 days a year.  I never pay attention to the brand or specific color name, so I'm sorry I can't help you there.

If your nails are strong by themselves, the gel polish should be just fine.  I've worn artificial nails for so long that when I tried to live life without them, I just didn't like them as much.