Respected Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Afternoon--It's hot & humid here and everyday scattered thunderstorms are expected.  Luckily for the 4th of July, the weather held and not rain!  Yeah!  She had a lot of people & it would've been very crowded in her house!  I met my friend's sister, she recently moved to NC, about an hour from where we live but her and her DH still have a condo in Coronado and they plan on splitting their time since 2 children are in Calif and one on the east coast.  She's nice and we're already trying to talk her into playing golf, the more the merrier!  I played golf yesterday and today pickleball, tomorrow golf!  My friend asked me to play golf of Friday but I need to get my hair cut & colored, so I'm doing that!  I hope that everyone has a good week!

Esteemed Contributor

hi all. the sun is shining right now, which I don't think has happened since we moved here. it's rained and stormed every single day. DD reminded me yesterday that this is hurricane season, so this weather is to be expected.

when we went to the old house last week the carpet installation had been completed and it looks so nice. we should have done that years ago. we're having the kitchen cabinets painted, probably next week, and then the garage will be painted after DH finishes getting all his stuff out of it. we hope to have it ready to be put on the market by the end of the month.

he went yesterday and brought back a load of things, but there's more. he stopped by the police department in the town where his accident happened and the report still hasn't been processed. it's been almost 2 weeks. then he stopped at the salvage yard where his truck had been towed and everything he had inside the truck had been put in the back of the truck. since it's rained every day, everything was soaked. he was not happy, but at least none of his tools were missing. he even found his 40+ year old Ray-Bans thrown in the bed of the truck but they were still in the case, so undamaged.

we're going back tomorrow to hopefully get the last few things out of closets. I have a ton of books up there and no place to put them here. the library doesn't want them (a Covid thing) and our local charity doesn't want them. I really don't want to throw them away but I have no idea what to do with them. I don't have the time or energy to try to sell them. I guess I'll be hauling them back here until I think of something.

when we bought this house we found that the sellers had left their refrigerator. we didn't want it and tried to contact them to come and get it. no response. so today we pulled their fridge out and put our fridge in. now we have to get their fridge into the garage and then we'll probably contact a local charity who will pick it up.

we're keeping Ezra tonight for a couple of hours while DD and DSIL take one of his clients out to dinner.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good evening. Had a busy day! DH had his first eye doctor appointment & we still haven't received the medical release forms from our former eye doctor! 
Electrician & I played telephone tag but we are going to get together to do those fixtures towards next weekend. 

We sent in forms to register to vote to our town clerk. 

Kitchen furniture is looking to be to us around mid July. 

Received the matching napkins to the placemats. The runners are in our state from an e bay seller.  I hope the runners are the same along the length -- stripe or white area. Seller said she would check it out before she shipped it. 

Waiting for the bathroom sconces to ship. 

@MariotaMurielle  Sorry to hear the police report hasn't been filed. Insurance needs that. 

Made an appointment at motor vehicle department to transfer registration, title & get real ID driver's license. Our town has a motor vehicle department but all appointments are completely booked for July. Can't understand why so busy. We plan to transfer title to me too. That requires another form!

Have a great evening!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Night Friends... 😴 

D9791F1C-CF74-487E-AB25-8291F9C71A5F.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

had heavy rain this morn it is cool very damp humid outside very cloudy day.

got message this morn dh new bridge work for his front 2 teeth has to delayed another month. his installation was to have taken place 11 july. begins again on 11th with impressions again and making of new bridge work. i told the dentist office this unacceptable. when the impressions were taken back in early june maybe late may.  only to be told 4 days before install of new bridge work sorry we have to begin all over again. so another month of no front teeth.

not much else later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

saw foot doc today

there is little he can do for the bad foot which I know. he show me xrays taken last month. new bone encapulated the bone fusion i had done some 15 plus years ago.like a throne bush it just grew around the old surg i had. anyway, he has to take a dremel tool to file away excess bone as best as he can. he is aware i am not going to be off my foot for anytime, for anyone. i will do my daily walks. i will have to wear one of those medical shoes for 2 weeks for swelling. he knows i will continue to do as i want. i laid it on the line for him today. when this surg will happen doc office will call me in a week or two to get ball rolling.

that is all the news for now,later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

had a bit of a scary moment this morn

dh hit the new alarm fob to open the new car to go to work. the alarm began to sound and would not switch off no matter what dh did. finally quit after 2 minutes,he was ablee to drive to work. he stopping at dealership tonight to make them fix the mess they made of our new car.

did normal chores

did morn walk

our trash men did not pick up our weekly trash yesterday as they should have. trash is over flowing in many cans and bags laying on ground. called the trash company to alert them of this forgotten development. hope they come and pick up the trash..

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 , I'm sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you can continue in as little pain as possible. Good luck with your car!

@JustJazzmom , everything sounds lovely/put together in your house. Hope you can have a relaxing day...

@MariotaMurielle , I don't think we realize how much we collect until we move. Just the thought of having to do it here makes me tired! Wow! I don't blame your husband one bit for being angry about his things. Thank goodness there was little damage. Good luck with all you still have left to do...it will get done!

@Hayfield , Coronado is beautiful! How lucky your friend is to be able to split her time between there and NC. Have a great weekend!

4EDA1E22-FA89-48B1-9AA7-F1EFD613778A.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

got the call this afternoon, my car goes into collision fix it shop 12th july,hope it is finished in 1 week time. we have to tag the car by 1 september,so it is tight.

dh stopped at car dealership to find out what happened with new car alarm. seems you have to hit one of the keys off center. i told dh around the house he will use the car alarm that came with the car (basic alarm),, when he is out shopping away from the house he can use the new alarm,dh said he did the new alarm when he got his hair cut on way home today.he said it worked correctly.

it is very hot humid this afternoon. ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good evening! My 2 36" runners in buffalo check of red/white & black/white arrived from e bay today. Fortunately, the long borders match each other & I mentioned that in my feedback. Also, the red color matched the red of the napkins & placemats. I was worried that the reds wouldn't match.

The mail was very late today. 

We were supposed to go out for dinner so I'd get a break, but DH wasn't feeling well so I reheated some of the sausage & peppers I made the other day which we had with the rest of the macaroni salad I made. We will go out to eat tomorrow.

Both the electrician & the vertical blinds guy have set up appointments for next week. I am still waiting for the furniture store to deliver the drop leaf table & 2 chairs for our kitchen. Once they deliver -- mid July? I will remeasure the seat area & order the matching buffalo check cushions. I'm looking forward to seeing the new light fixtures where there is currently recessed lights.

We are slowly reconnecting with new physicians too. We like the ones we have chosen. Just wish some of our former physicians would hurry with the transfer of medical records. 

Hope the alarm system was fixed @viva923 . 

Have a terrific evening everyone! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼