Honored Contributor

Re: “2022”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Dear Friends, we're home. We got in late evening yesterday. The 8 hour drive wore us out, but it was so worth seeing our daughter and grandson. We did a lot of sight seeing and, of course, some shopping. She lives in a beautiful area and is very happy. We need to pick up Max from his daycare, put things away and do some laundry. The weather here is very cool, I think our high is in the 50's. A perfect day to catch up on rest and take things slow. I'll be back probably tonight and catch up....Everyone have a safe, happy day!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It's been so cold, like the rest of the country but today it will get in the low 60's.  Xmas was so nice, but I did a lot of cooking, three days was just right for company and while I was a little sad when they left Monday morning I was also exhausted and just rested all day Monday and slowly getting back to normal.  I was going to play golf today but there was a tee time delay and everyone but me had to be somewhere, so we cancelled it.  I was fine with it since DH left around 10 to golf, his original tee time was 8, so I have the afternoon here to myself.  I love, love, love my alone time, just me, I don't get enough of it!  It sounds like everyone had a good Xmas which is nice!  I felt so bad for people who were stuck at the airport and from the news, some are still there!  

Respected Contributor

SISD--So glad you had a good time with DD & DGS.  Yes, an 8 hour drive is exhausting!  The drive from where we live now to Virginia is a good 6 hour drive and not too bad as long as you leave by 6 am, if you leave 8 am it turns into an 8 hour drive!  The I-95 corridor near Fredricksburg, VA is horrible and always bottle necks.  I'm sure today is just a "rest" day for you and DH, take two if you need it!

MM--Sounds like you're enjoying finally being able to get out with baby E!  I did take a walk yesterday and it felt good!

Katte--Belated "Happy Birthday" to you!

Honored Contributor

hello all

new foot surg for me is 30 jan at 8am at st. francis hospital. doc is going break toe area not sure if this includes the fusion area to realign the whole area to get the weight evenly distributed. fusion my big toe grew sideways and is now curling upwards. this time i know what to look for for any signs of infection. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

brilliant sunshine today almost blinding sunshine today.

ran around picking up paperwork for this surg,got 2 of the 3 items done for surg. x ray and blood work.my doctor check is 9 jan.

did normal chores

did not get morn walk in today.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good Evening..

@viva923 , I'm hoping your upcoming surgery at the end of January is successful and you'll finally be on the road to healing. You've been through so much...it sounds so painful.

@Hayfield , things are getting back to normal here too. We didn't entertain for days like you, but with our trip and all that went with it, it's taken us a few days to recuperate. I also feel sorry for all the people whose flights were delayed for days. I can't even imagine being stranded at an airport that long..

@MariotaMurielle , too cute playing 'this little piggy' with  little Ezra. He's at such a fun age, and it will only get better!

@AuntG , your house sounds perfect for having a big family celebration. Sounds like everyone had a great time!

We got the best news last night. Our niece's daughter, Abigail, is in remission. She's been through so much, along with her family, I honestly don't know how they stayed so strong for so long. Thank you to all who kept her in your prayers. I know in my heart it helped. My niece sent us this picture of when she got the news..❤️

DC7235B8-1DD5-48E3-9E9C-6E349BE948A4.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. it's the end of a busy week at Goat Hill. DD doesn't have to work on Monday so we won't have Ezra for 3 days. I already miss the little rascal but we are both so tired and really need some rest.

DSIL will see his oncologist for the first time since his surgery on Tuesday. I'm sure the plan of treatment will be discussed and he'll start chemo soon.

@SleeplessinSD, I am so happy to see the news about Abigail's remission. what a blessing for her and her family. it's a good thing y'all drove instead of flying to see your DD and DGS. I can't even imagine getting caught up in that mess with the flight cancellations. I feel really bad for all those people, especially older people and families with young children.

I un-decorated the Christmas tree tonight and we'll take it down tomorrow. I'll put a red berry wreath up in place of the Christmas wreath.

we have no special plans for celebrating new year's eve. we'll have the traditional black-eyed peas, turnip greens & cornbread along with a small ham on NY's day. otherwise, it will just be a weekend of rest and catching up around the house.

sending blessings to all.

F0AE81AA-201C-4E59-A3B2-4248A479B597_1_201_a.jpeg

here's a Jones county sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Well, it's the last day of 2022!  Let's hope 2023 brings only good things to everyone!  We're playing golf this afternoon, then going to an early show at a comedy club with our friends, we'll stop and get a bite to eat after golf and before the comedy club.  We weren't planning on going out tonight but our friends asked and we'll be home by 10, so I think we'll get home before all the celebrating starts.  

SISD--So happy for Abigail!  I hope her good health continues and I'm sure you'll all thrilled!  Will you be starting a new thread for 2023?  I know you usually do!  I'll be looking for it!

MM--I hope your DSIL treatment isn't too hard on him, I guess chemo has different effects on different people, as long as it works and works well, that all that matters!  

Viva--I hope your foot surgery is successful, we need our feet!  Everything starts from the feet and goes up!  At least that's what I've always been told.

Happy New Year to all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!

@Hayfield , sounds like you have a fun night planned. Take care and safe on the roads!

@MariotaMurielle , continued blessings and prayers for your DSIL, as we start a new year and he begins treatment..

I'll be starting our new year thread sometime this evening. I'll let everyone know here when I do. Please look for it. Have a happy, safe weekend....DS's family will be having dinner with us tonight. I bought a roast to put in the oven. It will be a relaxing evening.

89BF3923-7E81-418E-B3B1-AC523611D398.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

nothing new here

we have thick heavy fog now rain has set in

plans for tonight.

church home baths that is it later guys